• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

This feels like when we gumped West Ham after Guido kept us up. The season it all died. The season 'they' sold.
I have been thinking about the 2016 - 2018 period a lot lately. We had begun the "circle of the drain". I have been wondering if we would have gone down anyway? Was it selling the club that doomed us to relegation or was it extending Guidolin? Did that victory at West Ham change our path?
We had been talking to Brendan.
Much has been attributed to the club changing hands(even by me in my earlier post) BUT Jenkins stayed on after all. Would we have made any different decisions if it was the old guard?
I loved Guidolin, and hated that they binned him the way they did. I cant help thinking that if that if we had finished the season a little less spectacularly, things may have taken a different path. Just idle thoughts.
I wonder what will happen if LW wins next two games. These late season purple patches can distort reality somewhat.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about the 2016 - 2018 period a lot lately. We had begun the "circle of the drain". I have been wondering if we would have gone down anyway? Was it selling the club that doomed us to relegation or was it extending Guidolin? Did that victory at West Ham change our path?
Much has been attributed to the club changing hands, BUT Jenkins stayed on after all. Would we have made any different decisions if it was the old guard?
I loved Guidolin, and hated that they binned him the way they did. I cant help thinking that if that if we had finished the season a little less spectacularly, things may have taken a different path. Just idle thoughts.
I wonder what will happen if LW wins next two games. These late season purple patches can distort reality somewhat.

Your last bit is spot on, you only have to go back twelve months to realise that much.

That said there are improvements under Williams that do come through in performances. The challenge we have is that we still have too many players not able to play in the way he wants and thats why we get some of the turgid performances that we watch.

As has been said several times by many the work over the summer is criticial and we can only hope that Watson/Coleman are up to it.

“Swansea now in acres of space but again are doing us a massive favour and playing it backwards!”
The opposition can see it. Pato 2/3 of the way up the pitch when that happened.
Our side (or rather midfield) and season in one sentence. Grimes must go

Much has been attributed to the club changing hands(even by me in my earlier post) BUT Jenkins stayed on after all. Would we have made any different decisions if it was the old guard?
Extending Guidolin wasn't a disaster, sacking him for Yanko Wanko was.

We had just given a resurgent Liverpool a fright (should have drawn with the last kick...Hoorn ffs) and were playing well. Leaving him (with Curt) in charge I think would have seen us in a much stronger position, and saved us from Slow Death by Clement.

Extending Guidolin wasn't a disaster, sacking him for Yanko Wanko was.

We had just given a resurgent Liverpool a fright (should have drawn with the last kick...Hoorn ffs) and were playing well. Leaving him (with Curt) in charge I think would have seen us in a much stronger position, and saved us from Slow Death by Clement.
Yes. You may be right.
Just wondering whether grasping the nettle, binning Guido and bringing Brendan back would have diverted us somehow.
Its all pointless rehash anyway.
I was just questioning my own assumption that we went down because we sold. I actually think that was my own faulty logic.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back