• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Benda to miss start of next season

I know he's been written off as average on here but at 24 there's still scope for him to develop into a very good keeper especially once we've ditched the suicide ball at the back. We're getting no value from him over the next 9 or so months regardless, last thing we want is for him to return with a vengeance and then leave at the end of the season for nothing. It was a freak injury too, the worry of a reoccurrence is lessened for a goalkeeper I would've thought

BLAZE said:
I know he's been written off as average on here but at 24 there's still scope for him to develop into a very good keeper especially once we've ditched the suicide ball at the back. We're getting no value from him over the next 9 or so months regardless, last thing we want is for him to return with a vengeance and then leave at the end of the season for nothing. It was a freak injury too, the worry of a reoccurrence is lessened for a goalkeeper I would've thought

Benda was a distinct improvement when he took over from Fish. IM of the opinion Martin has ruined his confidence as he has with others.Benda took control of his box and ,God help him,often banged the ball forwards ,which is anathema to Russy.

His injury was and is significant and probably the last player we needed to get cricked like this. Many others getting injured doesn’t affect us ,as was the case with Lati

Martin looks off for sympathy now which is sickening to behold ; he has been very lucky with injuries for a start .

He’s a good keeper and could be a great keeper with the right people around him, it would be a travesty if he was allowed to leave on a freebie.

Out until early 2024, didn’t know he’d be out for this length of time and by that point he’ll be nearly out of contract.

MajorR said:
If he was allowed to leave on a freebie.

That won’t happen.

I think once the reported Rushworth is confirmed we will see some movement with Benda fairly quickly, we don’t allow contracts to run down willingly. Manning is a fairly rare case, thankfully.

Benda has been a good servant when called upon, he will have my thanks and we move on.

DuffleCoat said:
That won’t happen.

I think once the reported Rushworth is confirmed we will see some movement with Benda fairly quickly, we don’t allow contracts to run down willingly. Manning is a fairly rare case, thankfully.

Benda has been a good servant when called upon, he will have my thanks and we move on.

Wouldn’t surprise me

I'd more than happily be offering Benda extended terms. He is a very capable goalkeeper who would likely thrive in a Duff based non defensive suicide system where he is not expected to play silly passes under pressure.

NeathJack said:
I'd more than happily be offering Benda extended terms. He is a very capable goalkeeper who would likely thrive in a Duff based non defensive suicide system where he is not expected to play silly passes under pressure.

If he’s been offered a good move somewhere, he may not fancy it. Like DB said, can’t let players run down contracts.

That’s why I’m nervous with nixons tweet earlier piroe could stay. Heard off a few Duff give him a few b*llockings last night, will be suit new system?

Risc said:
If he’s been offered a good move somewhere, he may not fancy it. Like DB said, can’t let players run down contracts.

That’s why I’m nervous with nixons tweet earlier piroe could stay. Heard off a few Duff give him a few b*llockings last night, will be suit new system?
Nixon thinks Piroe might stay?

Risc said:

I wouldn't listed to a single thing Nixon says. The epitome of a blind man throwing enough darts at a dartboard to hit the occasional bullseye.

NeathJack said:
I wouldn't listed to a single thing Nixon says. The epitome of a blind man throwing enough darts at a dartboard to hit the occasional bullseye.

To be fair he said it’s not out of the question, not that he was, I think Soton get him when the sales go through.

DuffleCoat said:
That won’t happen.

Is he realistically going to be signed by anyone when he won't play for months? Would he pass a medical?

Risc said:
To be fair he said it’s not out of the question, not that he was, I think Soton get him when the sales go through.

They’ve been linked with Ross Stewart who’s just rejected a new deal with Sunderland, and I’m sure Martin tried getting him at MK, Leeds seemed the strongest link for Piroe.

Benda is a good keeper. Offer him a new contract as a gesture of good faith. The terms can be mutually agreed. Nothing worse for a player with a serious injury worrying about the future.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back