• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

I've been secretly impressed with Rhun ap Lorwerth. The party are the only viable option for getting rid of Gethan and his gang.
He’s been most impressive.

I don’t get why the people of Wales keep voting for the Westminster lite parties we have in Wales, Plaid are the only ones not tied to their masters in London.

I don’t get why the people of Wales keep voting for the Westminster lite parties we have in Wales, Plaid are the only ones not tied to their masters in London.
I think a fair proportion of our population are too twp to realise the purpose and meaning of devolution.

If Llanelli didn’t vote Labour it would have gone to Reform.

There is so much in fighting within parties and trying to get one over on the opposition, that the general state of the country comes second.
I think that's a rather out of date view with regards to Labour.

There's little doubt that infighting was definitely one of Labour's biggest problems under Corbyn, not that it was necessarily his fault, but it was one of the things that made them unelectable in the electorate's eyes. One of the things Starmer vowed to do when he became the party leader, was to put a lid on this and he has done that successfully without making a huge fuss about it in public. I don't necessarily agree with some of the things he did to stop the infighting but he has stopped it and that has contributed significantly to the position that Labour now hold in the electorate's perception of them and has made them electable. On the other hand, the sheer scale of the infighting within the Tory party for the last 2-3 years has been extraordinary and has contributed significantly to their demise and made them unelectable. Johnson started all this by removing anyone who didn't agree with him, particularly about Brexit, and replacing them with plenty of thoroughly unlikable talentless characters who were not up to roles he gave them but would all have stabbed him in the back given the opportunity and this totally destabilsed the Tory party and all Labour had to do was buy some popcorn and then stand by and smirk as the Tories slid slowly but inexorably down the political toilet.

Last edited:

Only slight concern I have is this idea of independence.

We really need an alternative to Labour in the Senedd. It's simply not good for democracy to have one party in continuous power for 27 years as will be the case come the next election.

The problem is that Plaid would have to go in to coalition with the Tories. When Bourne was leader the Tories were fairly centrist and pragmatic, with sensible AMs like Melding. The current lot are far more right wing and merely ape their London masters. It's hard to see how Plaid could go into coalition with Davies in charge of the Tories.

We really need an alternative to Labour in the Senedd. It's simply not good for democracy to have one party in continuous power for 27 years as will be the case come the next election.

The problem is that Plaid would have to go in to coalition with the Tories. When Bourne was leader the Tories were fairly centrist and pragmatic, with sensible AMs like Melding. The current lot are far more right wing and merely ape their London masters. It's hard to see how Plaid could go into coalition with Davies in charge of the Tories.
Davies is a typical piece of Tory vermin.

I think it's going to be really interesting for Welsh labour for the next 2 years before the 2026 election. They've been declining in popularity for years, the 20mph hasn't helped them politically and Gething taking over has been a disaster so far. They better hope that the UK government wants to keep Wales sweet and sends a bigger budget our way, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Davies is a typical piece of Tory vermin.
The fact he's in the position he is just goes to show how much they cared about Wales. If you asked Alexa to show you a picture of a Tory it would be him.

Now the GE is over lets hope the focus is shifted towards our current crop and a clean up is put in place.

The fact he's in the position he is just goes to show how much they cared about Wales. If you asked Alexa to show you a picture of a Tory it would be him.

Now the GE is over lets hope the focus is shifted towards our current crop and a clean up is put in place.
Be very much the same or possibly even worse with Gething.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back