• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,974
Billy Joel on Sky Arts from the Shea. Brilliant night of music.

I don’t think I’d be down the front watching this shyte I’d be back at my tent now getting off my tits on drink and drugs.

Darran said:
I don’t think I’d be down the front watching this shyte I’d be back at my tent now getting off my tits on drink and drugs.

No change there then, :lol:

Watching the classic boxing match from 2009 between Pacquiao v Cotto, what a scrap, looked in on Glastonbury Billy Eillish on fuk my eyes :shock:

Dolly Parton doing the Legends Spot few years ago was a brilliant show .

Will have a view of The Pet Shop Boys this weekend , purely for nostalgia reasons .

Sam fender was superb.

Good on that Billie, young girl up there on one of the biggest stages of them all, but the music isn’t for me, watched the foals on iplayer instead.

Darran said:
dickythorpe said:
Dar's mate Robert Plant is fantastic with Alison Kraus.
Live music is brilliant.
What time is "unhealthy obsession" on tomorrow?

I really hope he's done something with "Back in the USSR" that was a favourite years ago in the Deer's Leap

All my mates are fantastic Dick.

Thats not true...you keep calling Cudey a prick!

:mrgreen:

Discovery of the day for me was Khruangbin on the Park stage. Psychadelic, funky, proggy, amazing.

Rufus Wainwright was on top form as was Crowded House. Enjoyed Supergrass but they were better when they were on speed. Idles were OK but they had their Glasto moment a few years ago. Plant was great and did a superb version of when the levee breaks. Didn't watch anything after that, caught a bit of Wet Leg, Jesus and Mary chain bored the pants off me as did Primal Scream.

Geoff Barrow is bang on here. The sound was shite, no bass on half the bands.

https://twitter.com/jetfury/status/1540426298681597953?s=20&t=xww3zDQTchbgU6r7JjrR3g

Ebo said:
Discovery of the day for me was Khruangbin on the Park stage. Psychadelic, funky, proggy, amazing.

Rufus Wainwright was on top form as was Crowded House. Enjoyed Supergrass but they were better when they were on speed. Idles were OK but they had their Glasto moment a few years ago. Plant was great and did a superb version of when the levee breaks. Didn't watch anything after that, caught a bit of Wet Leg, Jesus and Mary chain bored the pants off me as did Primal Scream.

Caught them in the car on R6M. Must say was quite taken. I had to go into work last night (my turn for welfare checks) but caught JAMC who were very plodding. Quite enjoyed the Primal Scream pantomime then finally caught all of Wet Leg. Then fell asleep in my armchair!

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:

Watching the classic boxing match from 2009 between Pacquiao v Cotto, what a scrap, looked in on Glastonbury Billy Eillish on fuk my eyes :shock:

I've heard the name a lot over the years but it wasn't until yesterday that I found out that Billie Eilish was actually a woman and not a bloke called Billy 😂😂😂😲😲😲

karnataka said:
Niigata Jack said:

I've heard the name a lot over the years but it wasn't until yesterday that I found out that Billie Eilish was actually a woman and not a bloke called Billy 😂😂😂😲😲😲

Male or Female, still can't sing, I know I'm more than a bit mutton but I couldn't hear any singing, bloody hopeless and probably worth a few quid as well, when you think about NHS staff and the pittance they earn and then see a Friday night Glastonbury top of the bill "artist" performing like that, makes me sick.

Ebo said:
Geoff Barrow is bang on here. The sound was shite, no bass on half the bands.

https://twitter.com/jetfury/status/1540426298681597953?s=20&t=xww3zDQTchbgU6r7JjrR3g
Interesting you should say that. We can't hear anything like as much as usual from where we live which is about 9.5 miles away atcf so a lack of bass could explain that as that's usually pretty much all we can hear. Mind you, it's quite windy round these parts today so the noise of that might also be masking what we can hear from Glastonbury, or Pilton as the festival is known locally. :D

Old blokes moaning about young musicians, I remember back in my day... :lol:

Glastonbury is still the greatest festival in the UK, by a long way, despite it being hijacked by the instagram lot / tarquins etc.

Everyone should go experience it at least once in their lives.

Just had a look through all my Freeview Channels for Glastonbury, can see it's on BBC 2 at 5pm, but can't see it on anywhere now.
Was gonna put it on instead of the Cricket, its making me nod off :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Just had a look through all my Freeview Channels for Glastonbury, can see it's on BBC 2 at 5pm, but can't see it on anywhere now.
Was gonna put it on instead of the Cricket, its making me nod off :lol:

Go on iplayer.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back