• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,978
Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:
I'm no music buff, but I thought she was bloody hopeless.

I’m not sure me saying it was nice enough was the most ringing endorsement musically…

But for someone her age to get that size crowd going takes some doing. There were a lot of young kids there that were captivated by her. And she seems to be a good person. Her music didn’t have anything to dislike about it. Just not anything that really stirred me. Perhaps I just don’t know her stuff well enough.

My adult daughter thought she was excellent. She is 34 years younger than me. I thought it was fine. A
Good performance of music I don’t care for much.

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I know nothing about Billie Eilish’s music and it’s not likely to ever cross my radar in any serious way but she’s done a lot of great work for Tourette’s awareness and is quite the hero to my friend’s daughter, who suffers badly from that much misunderstood and often debilitating condition. So good on her for that.

Didn't know any of that, so well done to her and my comments were clearly miss guided now, :oops:

Not really, nothing wrong with not enjoying her music and saying so. I doubt I would either unless she aged 30 years, started wearing spandex and twirling a v shaped guitar round her head. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Niigata Jack said:
Didn't know any of that, so well done to her and my comments were clearly miss guided now, :oops:

Not really, nothing wrong with not enjoying her music and saying so. I doubt I would either unless she aged 30 years, started wearing spandex and twirling a v shaped guitar round her head. :lol:

That " Artist" on 10 mins ago was awful, tried to look like Madonna I think, but failed drastically plus she had a voice like a screaming cat :lol:

I suppose being there is totally different to watching on TV.
Too many acts today I've never heard of and can't be arsed to stick with

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:
I'm no music buff, but I thought she was bloody hopeless.

I’m not sure me saying it was nice enough was the most ringing endorsement musically…

But for someone her age to get that size crowd going takes some doing. There were a lot of young kids there that were captivated by her. And she seems to be a good person. Her music didn’t have anything to dislike about it. Just not anything that really stirred me. Perhaps I just don’t know her stuff well enough.

I went in with open ears and eyes and after 10 minutes decided it was not for me. Watched Four Tet instead. The BBC need to sort out the sound though, the FOH is totally different to what we hear as the BBC feed used their own engineers rather than the sound desk engineers mix. If I was Robert Plant I would be livid! They really messed up his mix and I could tell that the monitor mix was all over the place as they were constantly looking over to the side of the stage.

Niigata Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

That " Artist" on 10 mins ago was awful, tried to look like Madonna I think, but failed drastically plus she had a voice like a screaming cat :lol:
"Self esteem" that was....she had too much to say for herself , singing I wanted ,plus the f word was used a bit too much for my liking.

Screaming cat🤣😂

dickythorpe said:
Niigata Jack said:
"Self esteem" that was....she had too much to say for herself , singing I wanted ,plus the f word was used a bit too much for my liking.

Screaming cat🤣😂

Got Brian Wilson and Beach Boys on Iplayer now, absolute class

Swanjaxs said:
Suprised nobody has mentioned Basil Brush is attending this year! 🐿

What's he gonna sing? bet he'd be a lot better than some of the bellends that's been on.

Niigata Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:
Suprised nobody has mentioned Basil Brush is attending this year! 🐿

What's he gonna sing? bet he'd be a lot better than some of the bellends that's been on.

100% rubbish has been on.. Squid FFS.. who are they, and they're terrible and the rap tw*ts who were on before them

Ebo said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I went in with open ears and eyes and after 10 minutes decided it was not for me. Watched Four Tet instead. The BBC need to sort out the sound though, the FOH is totally different to what we hear as the BBC feed used their own engineers rather than the sound desk engineers mix. If I was Robert Plant I would be livid! They really messed up his mix and I could tell that the monitor mix was all over the place as they were constantly looking over to the side of the stage.

I'm with ebo with this, I've had it on for 20 minutes and the sound quality is poor

I've got to agree the sound quality is shocking.
Sampa the Great was like a raspy 40 a day woman ! Shocking

Skippyjack said:
Niigata Jack said:

100% rubbish has been on.. Squid FFS.. who are they, and they're terrible and the rap tw*ts who were on before them

What I know about music you could write on a back of a postage stamp Skip, if a song catches my attention and I like it, I like it no matter whose singing it, far to much music snobbery in the World for me.
I can't stand Gary Barlow yet I enjoy listening to some of Take That songs, :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
dickythorpe said:

Screaming cat🤣😂

Got Brian Wilson and Beach Boys on Iplayer now, absolute class

Thats not the beach boys that is Brian Wilson's band. I was there!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back