• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Glastonbury Thread

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 311
  • Views: Views 11,974
Neath_Jack said:
Niigata Jack said:
Just had a look through all my Freeview Channels for Glastonbury, can see it's on BBC 2 at 5pm, but can't see it on anywhere now.
Was gonna put it on instead of the Cricket, its making me nod off :lol:

Go on iplayer.

Nice One NJ, some dude singing now pleasant enough , I don't know who it is though :lol:

Its Crowded House that's on now, just checked :D

Niigata Jack said:
Just had a look through all my Freeview Channels for Glastonbury, can see it's on BBC 2 at 5pm, but can't see it on anywhere now.

I think Paul Mac and Diana Ross are on either BBC1 or 2 if he hasnt got I player.

Gone down hill now some rapper just come on stage, back to the cricket doh!

Today's surprise discovery was Joy Crookes. Hell of a voice and a great band too. Liked her comment about hating Priti Patel which brought a big cheer. Apart from Big Thief and Macca there is not a lot I fancy watching today so will go in with open ears and eyes to see if I can discover something - that is the magic of festivals, finding something you have never seen or heard before, the memories make it even sweeter.

swan65split said:
Niigata Jack said:

I think Paul Mac and Diana Ross are on either BBC1 or 2 if he hasnt got I player.

Enjoyed Crowded house, pity I missed their full set,

On another note, I see Glastonbury is having a right slagging off on another forum, Dear Me mun :roll:

Niigata Jack said:
swan65split said:

On another note, I see Glastonbury is having a right slagging off on another forum, Dear Me mun :roll:

Yeah Dr pussy called it a 'low rate coachella'. He has never been to either and if you asked any artist around today where they would like to appear they would all say Glastonbury as it is the biggest, oldest and most established festival in the world. His comment about dealers is laughable too as he probably thinks it is like 1989 at the site, what a prick!

I watched Bilie Eilish last night in full as I don’t know much of her stuff and my niece loves her so thought I’d give it a go.

I thought it was nice enough but lacking a bit of oomph for my taste. Most stuff sounded pretty samey. I also prefer live rather than all backing track to be honest. She has a great look and personality though. Nice to see a young female artist that doesn’t feel the need to wear as little as possible and her brother is obviously a talented musician as well. To be fair, she’s not aiming at middle aged women either 😂

Ebo said:
Niigata Jack said:

Yeah Dr pussy called it a 'low rate coachella'. He has never been to either and if you asked any artist around today where they would like to appear they would all say Glastonbury as it is the biggest, oldest and most established festival in the world. His comment about dealers is laughable too as he probably thinks it is like 1989 at the site, what a prick!

Watching Crowded House's full set now, found it on IPlayer, good band pleasant listening, bottle of ale accompanied by some Salted Peanuts, I know how to live :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
I watched Bilie Eilish last night in full as I don’t know much of her stuff and my niece loves her so thought I’d give it a go.

I thought it was nice enough but lacking a bit of oomph for my taste. Most stuff sounded pretty samey. I also prefer live rather than all backing track to be honest. She has a great look and personality though. Nice to see a young female artist that doesn’t feel the need to wear as little as possible and her brother is obviously a talented musician as well. To be fair, she’s not aiming at middle aged women either 😂

I'm no music buff, but I thought she was bloody hopeless.

Just started on BBC 2, not sure who it is on stage, but its pleasant enough.

Ebo said:
Niigata Jack said:

Read that earlier, the gimp would wet his pants after dark there now, never mind in 1989.

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I’m not sure me saying it was nice enough was the most ringing endorsement musically…

But for someone her age to get that size crowd going takes some doing. There were a lot of young kids there that were captivated by her. And she seems to be a good person. Her music didn’t have anything to dislike about it. Just not anything that really stirred me. Perhaps I just don’t know her stuff well enough.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Niigata Jack said:

I’m not sure me saying it was nice enough was the most ringing endorsement musically…

But for someone her age to get that size crowd going takes some doing. There were a lot of young kids there that were captivated by her. And she seems to be a good person. Her music didn’t have anything to dislike about it. Just not anything that really stirred me. Perhaps I just don’t know her stuff well enough.

I know nothing about Billie Eilish’s music and it’s not likely to ever cross my radar in any serious way but she’s done a lot of great work for Tourette’s awareness and is quite the hero to my friend’s daughter, who suffers badly from that much misunderstood and often debilitating condition. So good on her for that.

exiledclaseboy said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I know nothing about Billie Eilish’s music and it’s not likely to ever cross my radar in any serious way but she’s done a lot of great work for Tourette’s awareness and is quite the hero to my friend’s daughter, who suffers badly from that much misunderstood and often debilitating condition. So good on her for that.

Didn't know any of that, so well done to her and my comments were clearly miss guided now, :oops:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back