• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grand National

jack123 said:
Had a funny feeling your post was a pro Vegetarian one, thing is, we don't eat horses, so how has the thread been manipulated to this, a pro Veg stance, it seems off topic too me.?
The Swiss, Belgians and Mexicans to name a few all love a bit of horse meat.
Anyhoo, I think this a slight distraction. Should we see these majestic animals, flogged within an inch of their lives, in the name of sport, on balance probably not. Imho.

jack123 said:
Why would you say nobody need's to eat lamb or cow though?

Because we don’t need to eat it. We like to eat it. I’m a massive fan of both lamb and beef. I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten horse in France in the past as well. I like eating meat. I like watching horses race. Way more cows and sheep are killed for us to eat than horses die falling over fences. But that’s ok cos when they’re killed we eat ‘em.

exiledclaseboy said:
Because we don’t need to eat it. We like to eat it. I’m a massive fan of both lamb and beef. I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten horse in France in the past as well. I like eating meat. I like watching horses race. Way more cows and sheep are killed for us to eat than horses die falling over fences. But that’s ok cos when they’re killed we eat ‘em.
What do you mean we don't need to eat it? I'll simplify it for you a meat based diet.

Personally I'm done, some of the responses on here, are crazy, ffs they eat dogs in some parts of the world.. Would it would be a fair comment to say, hang on that's wrong?

So it a case of animals we love, and animals we eat, pure and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBW8Vnp8BzU&list=RDemPhXdwhQoE&index=12

Aren’t the fences lower on the take off side than on the landing side? They used to be, and they used to put pot holes in too, deliberately jarring the horse upon landing. I stopped betting on the national and following over a decade ago.

As for ECB’s point, I agree completely, we don’t need to eat meat. I do, 1000’s of years of conditioning have normalised it but in this day and age it’s odd, as is drinking the milk of another species, I don’t think there’s another animal that does that to the degree that we do. Changing habits of what is considered ‘normal’ to many of us would probably see big gains in many important issues.

jack123 said:
What do you mean we don't need to eat it? I'll simplify it for you a meat based diet.

Personally I'm done, some of the responses on here, are crazy, ffs they eat dogs in some parts of the world.. Would it would be a fair comment to say, hang on that's wrong?

Because we don’t need to eat meat, we choose to. I choose to because I like it. No point getting angry about horses getting killed jumping over fences when your Sunday dinner leg of lamb was killed at six weeks old purely for your tastebuds.

exiledclaseboy said:

In fairness, we don’t break the lamb or cows legs or neck before we eat them.

Agree we don’t need to eat meat though.

Neath_Jack said:
In fairness, we don’t break the lamb or cows legs or neck before we eat them.

Agree we don’t need to eat meat though.

No we just stick em In the throat with a sharp knife.

jack123 said:

A meat based diet, is exactly that, for folk who like meat with their meals.
You simply do not need to eat it, to maintain a healthy diet, same goes for milk. You can obtain all you vitamins and minerals from plant, such as kale, broccoli, etc. Add in nuts, seeds and the like and your pretty much good to go.
The missus and I, have choose to ditch cows milk etc about 15 years ago, couldnt touch the stuff now.👍

Being a veggie myself, the penny drops for people at different times (and is dropping more and more globally). Some of the processes (not all) from farm to plate are shocking, not to mention the effect of the industry on the environment.

Meat tastes good and I still get cravings, but once you're over the withdrawal stage then you feel much healthier. Christ knows what would happen to my stomach if I smashed a steak now.

JustJack said:
Being a veggie myself, the penny drops for people at different times (and is dropping more and more globally). Some of the processes (not all) from farm to plate are shocking, not to mention the effect of the industry on the environment.

Meat tastes good and I still get cravings, but once you're over the withdrawal stage then you feel much healthier. Christ knows what would happen to my stomach if I smashed a steak now.
We are not full on veggie, our diet has so little meat in these days it's not worth talking about, we do allow ourselves a bit of Turkey steak with our stews etc. Now fish we do like, probably have it three times a week. Do you eat fish JJ?

Jack2jack said:
We are not full on veggie, our diet has so little meat in these days it's not worth talking about, we do allow ourselves a bit of Turkey steak with our stews etc. Now fish we do like, probably have it three times a week. Do you eat fish JJ?

I think thats how most people are without necessarily realising it, eating meat (especially red) every day is a gamble on your genetics being in the 1% pool that will not regret it into later life

I will eat fish if I'm at a restaurant and I'm confident it's sourced locally, very rarely have it from the supermarket in any form, health wise the benefits are without question but the sustainability and over fishing of Salmon etc is an eye opener.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back