• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kevin Johns

Garyjack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Where does the ‘teenage’ bit come from? It’s a genuine question btw - I’ve only seen the Wales online report.

Don’t want to comment really as not appropriate in an ongoing legal process other than to express shock.

It states in the article 'a child under 16'. If it was a child under 12 then that is what he would have been charged with as it's a more serious offence. Therefore the complainant must have been a teenage boy at the time, unless he was 12 of course.

A child in law is now under 13 I believe mate, but the law changed in 2004 I think, same as the consent ruling for rape, under 13 they can't give consent etc. I would imagine the person making the complaint is between 13 and 16 in either event old or new law.

Garyjack said:
So to recap, what we're talking about here is a man in his early 20's sexual assaulting an under age teenage boy. It's a difficult one isn't it!

In the early 80s age of homosexual consent was 21 - anyone younger was considered under age and therefore all homosexual acts under that age constitute sexual assault.
I hope Kevin John's is innocent.

sainthelens said:
2 points.
1. Why has he been named ?
2. I've sat on a jury and I hope to fck he doesn't end up with similar tw@ts I had to sit with. Being asked to judge someone's future and some can barely string a sentence together.

Good luck Kev.

That was also my experience of jury service and God help anyone innocent as I came across unconscious and conscious bias.

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Ok. My answer doesn’t change. More often than not naming a suspect on charge leads to other potential victims coming forward and increases the chance of a successful prosecution. It can also, of course, lead to an innocent person’s reputation being ruined if they’re falsely and maliciously accused. On the flip side, a massive amount of lives are ruined by abuse by people who are never reported, charged or convicted and if they are the accusers are often automatically disbelieved and/or blamed. We see it om here all the time.

I’ve never met Kevin Johns and know nothing about him apart from his work with the Swans and the odd panto. But I think all of us feel like we know him. I was as shocked as anyone else when I heard this. There are some on here who do know him and don’t believe he’s capable of something like this. That’s fine but again there are countless cases of convicted criminals where their friends, family and acquaintances have said “they were such a lovely person, I didn’t think they had it in them to do this”.

There are probably only two people in the whole world who know the truth of this accusation. Whatever that truth is.

This completely stunned me yesterday. I have known Kev for probably 15 years and have a lot of time for him. He hosted a lovely memorial when my brother passed and we scattered his Ashes by Ivor and I would class him as a friend. We have watched panto as a family every New Year's eve for probably 12 years or more and almost every time he goes out of his way to say hello to the family.

I have no idea what the full accusation is but I hope if he is innocent he can clear his name and move on from it. I really am stunned.

There was also a comment further down the topic of "the mods should lock this topic" but I totally disagree, there is nothing that I can see posted in the topic that would warrant its locking at the moment.

Absolutely correct, some people need to read up on what can and cannot be said before suggesting nonsense.

jackharris said:
This is what Dave Jones had to endure. We MUST remember Innocent to proven guilty!
924-A3-E20-FB98-4642-8-FC9-036-CDB4-AAA9-D.jpg

Yet thousands of Swansea City supporters in the East Stand would regularly chant the infamous David Jones song well towards the end of the decade, despite his innocence being proven many years earlier.

They also insisted that Sam Hamman is from Pakistan and wore a hat that proved it.

Bizarre.

J_B said:
They also insisted that Sam Hamman is from Pakistan and wore a hat that proved it.

Bizarre.

Exactly, plus I know loadsa Jacks that don't live in slums or look in dustbins for food.
Bonkers from Dwight as per.

sainthelens said:
J_B said:

Bizarre.

Exactly, plus I know loadsa Jacks that don't live in slums or look in dustbins for food.

Some fans who used to sing 'we all dream of a team of Alan Tates' have said they never actually dreamed of any such thing. :eek:

JackSomething said:
sainthelens said:

Some fans who used to sing 'we all dream of a team of Alan Tates' have said they never actually dreamed of any such thing. :eek:

Wash your mouth out young man!

:D

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Ok. My answer doesn’t change. More often than not naming a suspect on charge leads to other potential victims coming forward and increases the chance of a successful prosecution. It can also, of course, lead to an innocent person’s reputation being ruined if they’re falsely and maliciously accused. On the flip side, a massive amount of lives are ruined by abuse by people who are never reported, charged or convicted and if they are the accusers are often automatically disbelieved and/or blamed. We see it om here all the time.

I’ve never met Kevin Johns and know nothing about him apart from his work with the Swans and the odd panto. But I think all of us feel like we know him. I was as shocked as anyone else when I heard this. There are some on here who do know him and don’t believe he’s capable of something like this. That’s fine but again there are countless cases of convicted criminals where their friends, family and acquaintances have said “they were such a lovely person, I didn’t think they had it in them to do this”.

There are probably only two people in the whole world who know the truth of this accusation. Whatever that truth is.

This completely stunned me yesterday. I have known Kev for probably 15 years and have a lot of time for him. He hosted a lovely memorial when my brother passed and we scattered his Ashes by Ivor and I would class him as a friend. We have watched panto as a family every New Year's eve for probably 12 years or more and almost every time he goes out of his way to say hello to the family.

I have no idea what the full accusation is but I hope if he is innocent he can clear his name and move on from it. I really am stunned.

There was also a comment further down the topic of "the mods should lock this topic" but I totally disagree, there is nothing that I can see posted in the topic that would warrant its locking at the moment.

His son wasn't there hopefully?

After being convicted of indecent images of children.

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

You knew his son was a child sex offender tho?

Mikey said:
PSumbler said:

You knew his son was a child sex offender tho?

What the f*ck has his son got to do with this? Yes, we all know his son was convicted on possessing illegal images on his devices. What point are you trying to make? If someone breaks the law it does not automatically mean their parent breaks the law. Buster Edwards was part of the Great Train Robbery, was his Dad sent to jail for that? You are a complete cretin if you think there is something linked between the two!

Mikey said:
PSumbler said:

His son wasn't there hopefully?

After being convicted of indecent images of children.

OMG really did his son get convicted. None of us knew that. Yes we all knew it and it was nothing to do with Kev.

Again...

Innocent until proven otherwise!

And this goes for everyone who is currently under investigation!

If Kev Johns has to take the stand, it will also be an opportunity to clear his name.

We will see.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back