• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Nip it in the bud

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 158
  • Views: Views 35,401
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is precisely why dailew and the other sewer-dwellers need to be banned. They contribute absolutely f*ck all to this board just like they contribute f*ck all to society.

Look at the toxic threads on the old and new forum. All started by the same posters. Get rid of the posters and it won't be anywhere near as toxic.

dailew said:
Professor Plum said:
An error, partial yes, a lie no.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A standard definition of a lie.

" an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker or writer"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie

Is it going to take another myriad of posts before you reluctantly admit it was a lie?

You've already resorted to semantics, which was your final fling last time.

I've got my eyes open now for your goal-post moving and diversionary tactics.

You enjoying yourself?

Pis*sing yourself with sick pleasure by the sounds of it.

Is this how you get through a dull, grey Tuesday afternoon?

Sadistic fuc*ker, stick to twisting the legs and arms off your sister's toy dolls.

FieryJack said:
dailew said:
Professor Plum said:

" an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker or writer"

Is it going to take another myriad of posts before you reluctantly admit it was a lie?

You enjoying yourself?

Sadistic fuc*ker, stick to twisting the legs and arms off your sister's toy dolls.

You're right.

It is a bit sadistic of me but I get annoyed when I see people posting lies and misinformation.

Especially when they continue to try and promote that lie as the truth by use of diversionary techniques, moving the goalposts, etc.

TBF to him, he did at least admit that what he posted was way off the mark.

Took a long time though.

A massive own goal by him though as all it did was draw attention to the massive demographic changes that have occurred in many parts of the UK.

Also TBF to him, I guess that he, like so many people who profess their love of diversity and multiculturalism, has actually chosen a very undiverse and mono cultural area to live in themselves.

I can't imagine his sort living in Toxteth, although apologies in advance if I've got things wrong.

So he might just be making the lazy assumption that everywhere outside London is just like the town or city where he lives - somewhere where white British make up the vast majority.

dailew said:
FieryJack said:
dailew said:
Professor Plum said:

You enjoying yourself?

You're right.

It is a bit sadistic of me but I get annoyed when I see people posting lies and misinformation.

Especially when they continue to try and promote that lie as the truth by use of diversionary techniques, moving the goalposts, etc.

Took a long time though.

A massive own goal by him though as all it did was draw attention to the massive demographic changes that have occurred in many parts of the UK.

Also TBF to him, I guess that he, like so many people who profess their love of diversity and multiculturalism, has actually chosen a very undiverse and mono cultural area to live in themselves.

I can't imagine his sort living in Toxteth, although apologies in advance if I've got things wrong.

So he might just be making the lazy assumption that everywhere outside London is just like the town or city where he lives - somewhere where white British make up the vast majority.

Considering my earlier abusive, aggressive post, I'm impressed that you've answered in such a measured way. 👏

Pretty unusual on this site, or any other.

"many people who profess their love of diversity and multiculturalism, have actually chosen a very undiverse and mono cultural area to live in themselves."

Fair point, and one I've heard before. May well be true in many cases.

I doubt we'd agree on much, but as I say, respect for your calm response.

dailew said:
FieryJack said:
You enjoying yourself?

You're right.

Took a long time though.

Yes. I don’t live in Toxteth. I don’t actually even live in the Merseyside Metro area. Based at the Vet School which is pretty rural. Also a good 45 minutes from Toxteth by car. Have lived and worked in some pretty diverse places in South London and Leicester over the years though. And equally a few very rural places with no diversity. Neither by design.

I should add that although Toxteth was traditionally settled by Liverpool’s very long standing black community, they have largely dispersed across the city to more affluent areas to be replaced by Eastern European and near Asian immigrants in the last couple of decades. Liverpool is unusual in having many smaller communities from around the world rather than a big Indian, Bangladeshi or Afro Caribbean population. The black community is more from the 17-18th century than the Windrush era. There is also a significant and old Chinese community though in both cases they are mixed with the rest of the community both by location and intermarriage. It does lead to a huge diversity of places to eat in the city from Lebanese to South American. From Thai to a bowl of Scouse. I guess the only obvious cultural sign is Chinatown and Chinese New Year. Otherwise it just gets on with being Liverpool. A very idiosyncratic place. Full of lefties of course

Professor said:
white British are greater than all BAME groups together.

So on to a fact you stated in your very next sentence. I very much doubt whether even that is true.

White British in London

2001 60%
2011 45%

If extrapolated:

2020 37% ? or around 30% if you assume it drops another fifteen points.

BAME in London

2001 27%
2011 36%

2020 47%? or 44% if it will have increased by another 9 points in the next census.

So currently.

white British 30-37%

BAME 44-47%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_London

BAME - "Black, Asian, and minority ethnic: used to refer to people in the UK who are not white"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bame

In addition the figures from the census or ONS may well be underestimating the numbers of people who are not white British.

I read in a newspaper or website somewhere (I can't for the life of me recall which one) something along the lines that sewage is a better measurement of population numbers.

And that Thames Water had estimated Slough alone had 30,000 more residents than officially recorded due to people not able to speak English, illegals, beds in sheds etc.

Very few, if any, of the 30,000 will be white British.

So Slough now probably has about 25% white British.

dailew said:
Professor said:
white British are greater than all BAME groups together.

So on to a fact you stated in your very next sentence. I very much doubt whether even that is true.

White British in London

2001 60%
2011 45%

If extrapolated:

2020 37% ? or around 30% if you assume it drops another fifteen points.

BAME in London

2001 27%
2011 36%

2020 47%? or 44% if it will have increased by another 9 points in the next census.

So currently.

white British 30-37%

BAME 44-47%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_London

BAME - "Black, Asian, and minority ethnic: used to refer to people in the UK who are not white"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bame

Very bad practice to extrapolate data in any context, though it would seem likely the BAME population of London will increase (as is non-British white at a high rate too). Would be more relevant to use predictive modelling (though imprecise too) rather than relying on a single iteration. Equally we may see population declines in London, if it loses its eminence in financial markets post-Brexit. No one can predict that. (please note 'may' and 'if'). Remember BAME is multiple groups as you have defined. More BAME does not mean a white British minority.

dailew said:
In addition the figures from the census or ONS may well be underestimating the numbers of people who are not white British.

I read in a newspaper or website somewhere (I can't for the life of me recall which one) something along the lines that sewage is a better measurement of population numbers.

And that Thames Water had estimated Slough alone had 30,000 more residents than officially recorded due to people not able to speak English, illegals, beds in sheds etc.

Very few, if any, of the 30,000 will be white British.

So Slough now probably has about 25% white British.

On the reports I have seen many will be non-EU Eastern Europeans. Far more Eastern Europeans around here (Chester and Deeside) than any BAME group. Large parts of food industry (not just fruit and veg picking) heavily reliant on the labour for jobs no one wants.

Professor said:
On the reports I have seen many will be non-EU Eastern Europeans. Far more Eastern Europeans around here (Chester and Deeside) than any BAME group. Large parts of food industry (not just fruit and veg picking) heavily reliant on the labour for jobs no one wants.

Thanks for confirming what I said was correct i.e.

"Very few, if any, of the 30,000 will be white British."

So would you agree that that would further reduce the true percentage of white British living in a town or city?

Professor said:
Very bad practice to extrapolate data in any context

Fair enough, but surely better than using figures 9 years out of date?

We'll find out who was right next year.

What would be your estimate for the current %s?

dailew said:
Professor said:

So would you agree that that would further reduce the true percentage of white British living in a town or city?

It will, but even in the case of Slough it would need a huge change (closer to 60, 000) to make White British a minority population. If immigration is non British White it also dilutes BAME populations. You don't seem to get a minority is fewer than the largest group in terms of population, even if they are no longer a majority of the total. Therefore, there is nowhere where White British are the minority. No whataboutery changes that. Though longer term this could change. I am not a population geography or demographics expert-so I have no idea what the future brings. I'm an infection and immunity person. Predicting data changes is notoriously unreliable as there are many confounders. We tend to think populations always rise, but like Liverpool they can fall from a peak of 1.5million to around 900, 000 now (though now rising again). That could happen to anywhere with economic change.

Professor said:
dailew said:

It will, but even in the case of Slough it would need a huge change (closer to 60, 000) to make White British a minority population. If immigration is non British White it also dilutes BAME populations. You don't seem to get a minority is fewer than the largest group in terms of population, even if they are no longer a majority of the total. Therefore, there is nowhere where White British are the minority. No whataboutery changes that.

And you were doing so well.

Then there you go, moving the goalposts again.

But at least you confirmed I was right about white British percentages being an over-estimate.

Neither "fact" you posted and that I am querying mentions minority.

Professor Plum said:
Remember there is nowhere in the UK other than London where white British are not the vast majority of the population. No town, no city. Even in London the majority are white and white British are greater than all BAME groups together.

P.S. Could you put a percentage on "vast majority". Very vague term.

dailew said:
Professor said:
It will, but even in the case of Slough it would need a huge change (closer to 60, 000) to make White British a minority population. If immigration is non British White it also dilutes BAME populations. You don't seem to get a minority is fewer than the largest group in terms of population, even if they are no longer a majority of the total. Therefore, there is nowhere where White British are the minority. No whataboutery changes that.

And you were doing so well.

Then there you go, moving the goalposts again.

But at least you confirmed I was right about white British percentages being an over-estimate.

Neither "fact" you posted and that I am querying mentions minority.

Professor Plum said:
Remember there is nowhere in the UK other than London where white British are not the vast majority of the population. No town, no city. Even in London the majority are white and white British are greater than all BAME groups together.

P.S. Could you put a percentage on "vast majority". Very vague term.

Whataboutery.
let's wait for more 'smileys'

Professor Plum said:
If immigration is non British White it also dilutes BAME populations.

WTF

You saying they go around killing them?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or did you mean " If immigration is non British White it also reduces the percentage of the BAME population."

Also totally irrelevant to my argument and just another diversionary tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back