• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Old Bay Seasoning

BrynCartwright

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Bought a can of this stuff in Tesco Bont a couple of weeks ago, and have been very impressed with how much tastier burgers and different meats have been since...an old fashioned look, but it is delicious...
Signed

Bryn Cartwright
EMEA President
Old Bay Seasoning Plc

Attachments

• 20230920_205027.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 509
BrynCartwright said:
Bought a can of this stuff in Tesco Bont a couple of weeks ago, and have been very impressed with how much tastier burgers and different meats have been since...an old fashioned look, but it is delicious...
Signed

Bryn Cartwright
EMEA President
Old Bay Seasoning Plc

It's also great on sweet corn. 👍

Here’s another one, Bryn. Goes great on chips!

Attachments

• 8A7FA19C-65C5-48CB-A609-23D3AD6857A8.jpeg
    8A7FA19C-65C5-48CB-A609-23D3AD6857A8.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 480
Good shout about the seasoning chaps, I think I am done with pre packed rubbish, had this for tea tonight, and nearly 50% of it, went to my favourite stray cat.

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-specially-selected-sweet-n-smokin-bbq-chicken-tenders-350g/4088600541082

Neath_Jack said:
What kind of flavour / spice we talking here, Bryn?

A mild combo of mustard, paprika, pepper. Not overly powerful unless you eat it by the spoonful.

Neath_Jack said:
What kind of flavour / spice we talking here, Bryn?

It's just as Cwps says; I find some meats can be a bit bland, especially burgers, but the Old Bay gives a really nice umami taste, with a little bit of spiciness...

Bryn Cartwright
Vice President of Marketing EMEA
Old Bay Seasoning PLC

BrynCartwright said:
It's just as Cwps says; I find some meats can be a bit bland, especially burgers, but the Old Bay gives a really nice umami taste, with a little bit of spiciness...

Bryn Cartwright
Vice President of Marketing EMEA
Old Bay Seasoning PLC

If you’re ever passing through Felinfoel, then pick up a chilli burger from Richie’s Meats.

Bland is not a word that you will use :lol:
Although I stress that you will need to like a little heat.

His plain beef are also excellent.

Can the CEO of Old Bay Seasoning PLC confirm usage recommendations.

Do you rub this onto the meat prior to cooking or part way to stop it burning if using on things like pork or chicken thighs, breast etc. so thin cuts.

If for example you were roasting a whole chicken would you rub this in prior to cooking or part way through.

Yours

Lowly consumer

Fbreath said:

Do you rub this onto the meat prior to cooking or part way to stop it burning if using on things like pork or chicken thighs, breast etc. so thin cuts.

If for example you were roasting a whole chicken would you rub this in prior to cooking or part way through.

Yours

Lowly consumer

Steady on! He’s VP of Marketing, not CEO.

Cooperman said:
Steady on! He’s VP of Marketing, not CEO.

I spoke to his secretary today and he’s understating his position in the company as apparently he’s very modest. She said don’t rub him up the wrong way as he can get hot under the collar.

Fbreath said:

Yours

Lowly consumer

To all interested parties.....the application of the Old Bay Seasoning product is done before cooking, preferably at least 30 minutes to allow a good marinade, before you bang in the meat...

I have dipped cubes of pork into the Old Bay Seasoning product, before skewering them on kebab sticks, and, according to my brother, they were "the bollox...."

Bryn Cartwright
CEO, Head of Marketing, Sales Director & Tea Maker EMEA
Old Bay Seasoning PLC

BrynCartwright said:
To all interested parties.....the application of the Old Bay Seasoning product is done before cooking, preferably at least 30 minutes to allow a good marinade, before you bang in the meat...

I have dipped cubes of pork into the Old Bay Seasoning product, before skewering them on kebab sticks, and, according to my brother, they were "the bollox...."

Bryn Cartwright
CEO, Head of Marketing, Sales Director & Tea Maker EMEA
Old Bay Seasoning PLC
Could you please remind all of your followers that we make different rubs (the blackened one for fish is superb) basically if youve ever been to the USA restaurants use this by the ton.

KK
Head of Advertising & Allotments

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back