• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,761
J_B said:
I agree with you but there’s always the Roberto Martinez factor which was a romantic appointment, admittedly at League One level.

Different times, different needs, different circumstances.

Nice to Michu said:
Forgive me if I’m wrong but what is the big pull for Toshack? Yes he was with the u21s but he had a couple of superstars which have already gone onto bigger clubs
Agreed - ludicrous to claim he was responsible for rodon, mcburnie, James et Al

Nice to Michu said:
Forgive me if I’m wrong but what is the big pull for Toshack? Yes he was with the u21s but he had a couple of superstars which have already gone onto bigger clubs

People have heard of him and he was here. Nothing more that that, as let's face it most of us haven't a clue who's out there. The trouble is, does Coleman? I'd be surprised if he knows the first thing about future possible managers, so let's hope he's got some very clued up people advising him.

Yes, Toshack did well with the 23s from a results perspective, but we had one of the oldest average age teams in the u23 PL back then. We had paid money for several of the players who were basically 21-23 year olds on the verge of first team football anyway. Can't take what he did away from him, it was a good job, but its a qualifying achievement for a Championship job.

Then there's Pafos, again he did well, but it was the Cypriot league. Hardly the Championship. Again not a qualifying achievement.

With where the club is at we are one bad decision away from being in a relegation dog fight, it won't take much for a few players to be looking for the exit in January if we get the appointment wrong.

That's not to say Cam Toshack shouldn't be considered at the end of the season or further in future. But this appointment has to be bang on, minimal risk. Maybe we should consider appointing Cam to be the club's assistant manager instead of Kris O Leary, learn and nurture the squad with a view to taking the rains at a later time if he's deemed suitable from the powers that be. He did a reasonable job deputising with Jesse March (surprised his name hasn't come up with the Yankee links) despite their troubles before they got he sack.

Let's not forget much of the current backroom and senior management staff at the club are not what they were when Cam left, he won't have much stock in the eyes of the people currently pulling the strings.

Mork said:
I agree.
He was at the game on Saturday with his family.
Pretty sure he said that he didn’t watch the second half. A quiet chat upstairs perhaps or maybe queueing for a ticket to go into the queue for a pint.

My Mrs bought a coffee for half time before the game started on Saturday, then we go downstairs at halftime and she Qs for the bloody coffee as per normal. Bah!

I wondered last night whether they had decided to sack him a couple of weeks ago and put someone in place ready to take over immediately.

I should have known better. They’ve sacked him and now they’ve started to look for his replacement.

J_B said:
I wondered last night whether they had decided to sack him a couple of weeks ago and put someone in place ready to take over immediately.

I should have known better. They’ve sacked him and now they’ve started to look for his replacement.

More likely is something to do with trying to get a better pick of available managers before other teams start sacking and hiring. Already seen Sunderland pull the trigger, and if we both want the same guy then not much doubt as to which team is preferable right now.

Oh and trying to make things a little more positive for fans before season ticket sales staer and price increases are announced in the next 2 weeks. No doubt people will vote with their wallets if things go south between now and the end of Jan

Oh! Good grief here we are again.
It probably doesn't really matter does it, we either can't keep hold of the tidy ones, and the ones who dont suit or are useless get sacked. This is the true Swansea way, rinse and repeat. FFS.

Anyone follow vitalswans in Twitter? What's he saying?

He's usually fairly accurate

eteb said:
Anyone follow vitalswans in Twitter? What's he saying?

He's usually fairly accurate

Why don't you just follow him then?

bakajack said:
In terms of credentials I don't care who his father is, what I care about is his sustained success with our youth setup and his knowledge of how we want to play and that he had the reserves also playing that way. He also was having a successful season in his only job as manager in Greece until circumstances outside of his control meant they parted ways.

Don't remember him as a manager in Greece? I do remember him in Cyprus though, if that's what you mean?

eteb said:
Because I'm not on Twitter - Sorry that upset you so much

You okay? What on earth in my reply to you, even hinted that i was 'upset'?

P.S. He's got loads of juicy information on his timeline mind :lol:

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back