• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,767
Libertarian said:
Sounds interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67640074

You can understand the thinking with the recent success of coaches stepping up to be managers - McKenna at Ispwich and Maresca at Leicester. Davies is an unknown quantity, but certainly seems a more exciting choice than Nathan Jones or the usual suspects like Rowett and Eustace.

Didn't he turn us down in the summer in favour of going to Spurs though? I wonder what would have changed if so.

Why would Davies consider taking the job now when he apparently turned us down in the summer? Good vibes around Spurs at the moment, so why leave there for this basket case?

Neath_Jack said:
Why would Davies consider taking the job now when he apparently turned us down in the summer? Good vibes around Spurs at the moment, so why leave there for this basket case?

This is my biggest concern. Right now Davies has probably never been at a club where the vibe is as good as it is now (and he worked under BR at Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester) and he might feel that he has a lot more left that he can learn from Ange Postecoglou - compared to coming here where the ownership is notoriously fickle with transfer dealings and the club has been on a gradual but steady downward spiral trending for the past 7 or 8 years.

bakajack said:
This is my biggest concern. Right now Davies has probably never been at a club where the vibe is as good as it is now (and he worked under BR at Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester) and he might feel that he has a lot more left that he can learn from Ange Postecoglou - compared to coming here where the ownership is notoriously fickle with transfer dealings and the club has been on a gradual but steady downward spiral trending for the past 7 or 8 years.

Makes zero sense for him to move now, given where he is etc. lunatic if he does IMO.

Neath_Jack said:
Makes zero sense for him to move now, given where he is etc. lunatic if he does IMO.

Why zero sense ? He's been under Brenda/Ange....he must have ambition after seeing how they've done.
Be brilliant fit for us.

Neath_Jack said:

Did he turn us down, or did the club prefer Duff over him?

sainthelens said:
Why zero sense ? He's been under Brenda/Ange....he must have ambition after seeing how they've done.
Be brilliant fit for us.

Because he's working under a fantastic coach, who have just had their best start to a premier league season (injuries have slowed that) pundits raving over the 'revolution' that is going on there. Working in London, in one of the best grounds in the UK. Apart from that...

He may well be a brilliant fit for us, I've no opinion on him either way as i know nothing about him. He's still very young and has plenty of years in him to jump ship and take command of his own ship. As you, I and many other swans fans say, this ownership group are not the best shall we say. If i was him, I wouldn't even give us a second glance.

Glyn1 said:
Did he turn us down, or did the club prefer Duff over him?

No idea, but I remember it as him choosing Spurs over us when we went knocking.

Why is this guy good for us?

Paul Clement was meant to be the saviour once upon a time as he had worked under Ancelotti and with Champions League winning teams. Look what happened there!

JackSomething said:
You can understand the thinking with the recent success of coaches stepping up to be managers - McKenna at Ispwich and Maresca at Leicester. Davies is an unknown quantity, but certainly seems a more exciting choice than Nathan Jones or the usual suspects like Rowett and Eustace.

Yep. He’s got the right sort of background. I don’t know what he’s like as a man manager/leader/character though, as that’s as important as the coaching side.

Neath_Jack said:
Because he's working under a fantastic coach, who have just had their best start to a premier league season (injuries have slowed that) pundits raving over the 'revolution' that is going on there. Working in London, in one of the best grounds in the UK. Apart from that...

He may well be a brilliant fit for us, I've no opinion on him either way as i know nothing about him. He's still very young and has plenty of years in him to jump ship and take command of his own ship. As you, I and many other swans fans say, this ownership group are not the best shall we say. If i was him, I wouldn't even give us a second glance.

I agree that our owners are enough to put anyone off. Some number two's go on to be crap, but there are many successful ones too. We all have our ideas of a right fit, for me, he could be it.

He may well the right fit for us but I doubt we will be the right fit for him.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back