• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,757
bakajack said:
A bit harsh to say that I think, looking at a starting 11 right now:

Rushworth doesn't have the best distribution but is an excellent shot stopper and we saw in early games that he has a mean throw on him which a pacy counter attacking side could take advantage of similar to the Schmeichel to Giggs and Kanchelskis days.

Key is a strong right back both offensively and defensively, he has good delivery and pace and monstrous stamina to get up and down the flanks all game long.

Darling is dominant in the air in both boxes and a solid distributor of the ball, he also seems to have been practicing those Ashley Williams style long diagonals to wingers and wingbacks high up on the flanks

Humphries is similar to Darling, maybe a little bit less dominant in the air but more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Not quite Mark Guehi level but still a big improvement for me over calamity Cabango.

Tymon came to us with a reputation of pace and strong attacking displays from full back. We simply haven't played the style of football to see him getting one twos and overlapping a winger to get in behind the defenders, I think we have more from him to see.

Grimes love him or hate him is currently the only player at the club that I think is capable of playing as a single holding midfielder in front of a back four. Under Potter he looked like he could do that role, Cooper and then Martin drilled that out of him with an obsession over shape and possession respectively, hopefully he can rediscover his edge as a distributor and conductor for us with the right manager

Patino seems well suited for me to play the "Pratley" role as a box to box midfielder, can help out with the dogfight in midfield as well as having the eye for a pass and a decent shot when the opportunity presents itself.

Paterson and Walsh seem better suited to the attacking midfield role just behind a striker, serving as a link between the defence plus Grimes and the striker, wingers and full backs when the time is right to bomb on.

Who knows how long we will have him for but Bolasie got bums off seats every time he got the ball on Saturday. Clearly has lost a yard or two of pace but still got the goods and can both deliver crosses and has the trickery to create some space in the box

Lowe coming in on the right wing gives us pace on the other flank, I know he is right footed so coming in off the flank to shoot won't be a strength but his pace and dribbling will be a great asset if he can develop an understanding with Key

Up top is the hard part for me. Our successful years playing this brand of football have been built off the backs of the likes of Scotland, Bony and to a lesser extent Graham and McBurnie... players who loved the physical battle but were also lethal in the box as well as having the skills to hold up the ball and bring others into play. This kind of game doesn't seem like it suits Yates but as I have said many times it does suit Kukharevych who would be my first pick in this theoretical 11.

TLDR

-------------------------------------- Rushworth ---------------------------------------
Key ------------- Darling ------------------------- Humphries --------------- Tymon
-------------------------------------- Grimes -------------------------------------------
------------------------Patino ---------------------- Walsh-----------------------------
Lowe --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bolasie
-------------------------------------- Kukharevych -------------------------------------

I agree.

I think the majority of the players we have will benefit from playing football the right way and enough have already been part of the Swansea way.

Think Coleman shot himself in the foot with that comment.

Finally, Cameron, what are your aims for the future? Do you want to be a head coach again or are you open to another role as an assistant manager?

“I am open, I love being involved in football and I want to return to the game as soon as possible.
I was recently by a Championship club about the possibility of becoming their Head Coach so I would like to explore any opportunities to become a Head Coach because I believe that I have a lot to offer in that role and that my experiences in challenging environments in both Cyprus and the Premier League have made me stronger as a coach and as a person"

24th Oct 2023

https://worldfootballindex.com/2023/10/cameron-toshack-on-leeds-united-management-and-learning-from-his-father/

Good interview and it reinforces my belief that he is what we are looking for, and more importantly from a Yanks perspective he is free

bakajack said:
Good interview and it reinforces my belief that he is what we are looking for, and more importantly from a Yanks perspective he is free

Who knows?, always willing to give the benefit, but we've had managers who can talk the talk but what we see on the pitch can be different.

Would he be the easy option because of his Swansea links, or the best of who is available.

I'm glad I'm not making the decision, but very wary of the ones that are.

3swan said:
Who knows?, always willing to give the benefit, but we've had managers who can talk the talk but what we see on the pitch can be different.

Would he be the easy option because of his Swansea links, or the best of who is available.

I'm glad I'm not making the decision, but very wary of the ones that are.

His one managerial appointment was a success, if memory serves me correctly he had their highest win percentage in the clubs history and he only left when the club was caught up in the Cyprus market crash and the whole country was effectively bankrupt.

Also led our youth setups in the most successful period in the clubs history winning five youth titles and a european semi final. He also contributed to bringing the club about £80m in transfer fees for players that he helped guide through the youth ranks in a style aligned to the first team at the time helping to ensure an easy integration into the first team squad. I don't know how much more walking the walk will be enough for you :)

bakajack said:
His one managerial appointment was a success, if memory serves me correctly he had their highest win percentage in the clubs history and he only left when the club was caught up in the Cyprus market crash and the whole country was effectively bankrupt.

Also led our youth setups in the most successful period in the clubs history winning five youth titles and a european semi final. He also contributed to bringing the club about £80m in transfer fees for players that he helped guide through the youth ranks in a style aligned to the first team at the time helping to ensure an easy integration into the first team squad. I don't know how much more walking the walk will be enough for you :)

All sounds good, his time at the club was when it was more stable.

Not sure if it's the right time with how things are now.

If it's him, he will need a good team with him, and my heart says maybe a turning point.

He would be higher up the list than some of the names being mentioned, but it is a critical time to get the right appointment.

Ah, yes, late to the party. Just said on another thread CT might help restore a connection fans/club/manager/team.

I'm not sure it would work out, but anything is fingers crossed now and he has goodwill and knows the club. It would be my choice...if we can't get Brenno or Laudrup 😁

3swan said:
Finally, Cameron, what are your aims for the future? Do you want to be a head coach again or are you open to another role as an assistant manager?

“I am open, I love being involved in football and I want to return to the game as soon as possible.
I was recently by a Championship club about the possibility of becoming their Head Coach so I would like to explore any opportunities to become a Head Coach because I believe that I have a lot to offer in that role and that my experiences in challenging environments in both Cyprus and the Premier League have made me stronger as a coach and as a person"

24th Oct 2023

https://worldfootballindex.com/2023/10/cameron-toshack-on-leeds-united-management-and-learning-from-his-father/
Cameron Toshack with Joe Allen & Angel Rangel assisting👍

Just taking emotion out of it and reading every (realistic) name on this thread, we're pretty much f***ed aren't we?

Eric Ramsay, highly rated at Manchester United, Welsh only 31 and could have a similar impact to what McKenna has had at Ipswich coming from United, plus he knows the club as he was our U18s manager.

Swansea93 said:
Eric Ramsay, highly rated at Manchester United, Welsh only 31 and could have a similar impact to what McKenna has had at Ipswich coming from United, plus he knows the club as he was our U18s manager.

Chris Davies now at Spurs.

Was here with Rodgers with him at Liverpool Celtic and Leicester

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Davies_(football_coach)

If it's a Swansea link that sways it? Maybe he's not interested in being coach.

Who know?

Just hope it's soon and someone we at least gives us some good football and results

bakajack said:
In terms of credentials I don't care who his father is, what I care about is his sustained success with our youth setup and his knowledge of how we want to play and that he had the reserves also playing that way. He also was having a successful season in his only job as manager in Greece until circumstances outside of his control meant they parted ways.

Fair enough as I said not being deliberately argumentative but I always see his name being linked as a large dollop of romanticism (not aimed at you as you have stated beyond that!) but I certainly wouldnt give him all the credit for the youth setup although it would take a large dollop of revsionism not to give him any so that certainly isnt where I am!

Its a no for me but I can see your argument

PSumbler said:
Fair enough as I said not being deliberately argumentative but I always see his name being linked as a large dollop of romanticism (not aimed at you as you have stated beyond that!) but I certainly wouldnt give him all the credit for the youth setup although it would take a large dollop of revsionism not to give him any so that certainly isnt where I am!

Its a no for me but I can see your argument

Romanticism, this is the word I was looking for. We can use the word for not only CT, it’s the same when folk talk about Rangel and Allen. What exactly have these two guys done which makes folk think they could pull it off in the SCFC dug out?

We need an appointment based on a blend of coaching credentials, ethos, experience and personality. Appointing on the basis of pashun ain’t going to get us anywhere.

Cooperman said:
Romanticism, this is the word I was looking for. We can use the word for not only CT, it’s the same when folk talk about Rangel and Allen. What exactly have these two guys done which makes folk think they could pull it off in the SCFC dig out?

We need an appointment based on a blend of coaching credentials, ethos, experience and personality. Appointing on the basis of pashun ain’t going to get us anywhere.

I agree with you but there’s always the Roberto Martinez factor which was a romantic appointment, admittedly at League One level.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but what is the big pull for Toshack? Yes he was with the u21s but he had a couple of superstars which have already gone onto bigger clubs

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back