• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,757
magicdaps10 said:
Coleman has mentioned the Swansea style and will use that when looking for a replacement.

Surely rules out Jones.

Slight fly in the ointment, we no longer have the players required to play "the Swansea style "...

A4Jack said:
I can't imagine he would be able to leave later than four to make it to Cardiff for Call Rob at half 5?

I got the impression that Rob called him

Manselton Jack said:
Mowbray please but I doubt it'll happen

Did a much better job at Sunderland than I expected but I'd be sorry if he replaced Duff,

Swanjaxs said:
Slight fly in the ointment, we no longer have the players required to play "the Swansea style "...

A bit harsh to say that I think, looking at a starting 11 right now:

Rushworth doesn't have the best distribution but is an excellent shot stopper and we saw in early games that he has a mean throw on him which a pacy counter attacking side could take advantage of similar to the Schmeichel to Giggs and Kanchelskis days.

Key is a strong right back both offensively and defensively, he has good delivery and pace and monstrous stamina to get up and down the flanks all game long.

Darling is dominant in the air in both boxes and a solid distributor of the ball, he also seems to have been practicing those Ashley Williams style long diagonals to wingers and wingbacks high up on the flanks

Humphries is similar to Darling, maybe a little bit less dominant in the air but more comfortable with the ball at his feet. Not quite Mark Guehi level but still a big improvement for me over calamity Cabango.

Tymon came to us with a reputation of pace and strong attacking displays from full back. We simply haven't played the style of football to see him getting one twos and overlapping a winger to get in behind the defenders, I think we have more from him to see.

Grimes love him or hate him is currently the only player at the club that I think is capable of playing as a single holding midfielder in front of a back four. Under Potter he looked like he could do that role, Cooper and then Martin drilled that out of him with an obsession over shape and possession respectively, hopefully he can rediscover his edge as a distributor and conductor for us with the right manager

Patino seems well suited for me to play the "Pratley" role as a box to box midfielder, can help out with the dogfight in midfield as well as having the eye for a pass and a decent shot when the opportunity presents itself.

Paterson and Walsh seem better suited to the attacking midfield role just behind a striker, serving as a link between the defence plus Grimes and the striker, wingers and full backs when the time is right to bomb on.

Who knows how long we will have him for but Bolasie got bums off seats every time he got the ball on Saturday. Clearly has lost a yard or two of pace but still got the goods and can both deliver crosses and has the trickery to create some space in the box

Lowe coming in on the right wing gives us pace on the other flank, I know he is right footed so coming in off the flank to shoot won't be a strength but his pace and dribbling will be a great asset if he can develop an understanding with Key

Up top is the hard part for me. Our successful years playing this brand of football have been built off the backs of the likes of Scotland, Bony and to a lesser extent Graham and McBurnie... players who loved the physical battle but were also lethal in the box as well as having the skills to hold up the ball and bring others into play. This kind of game doesn't seem like it suits Yates but as I have said many times it does suit Kukharevych who would be my first pick in this theoretical 11.

TLDR

-------------------------------------- Rushworth ---------------------------------------
Key ------------- Darling ------------------------- Humphries --------------- Tymon
-------------------------------------- Grimes -------------------------------------------
------------------------Patino ---------------------- Walsh-----------------------------
Lowe --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bolasie
-------------------------------------- Kukharevych -------------------------------------

Read up on Chris Davies.
With that in mind and currently bookies 2nd favourite for the job, I'd say he'd be the one we'll go for.

bakajack said:
I still think that Cameron Toshack is where we should be looking personally speaking.

100% Agree. Should have been appointed before Russ.

The Cameron Toshack appointment has long gone imo, BUT he could come in if we went for Jesse Marsch.

Swansea93 said:
The Cameron Toshack appointment has long gone imo, BUT he could come in if we went for Jesse Marsch.

Father Christmas will be looking for a job after December 25th.

Savarese has been mentioned before and is out of work.

Would certainly be an appointment that would build bridges with the fans.

bakajack said:
I still think that Cameron Toshack is where we should be looking personally speaking.

Not being deliberately argumentative but what are his credentials?

And would you see the credentials being the same if he wasn't the son of a former manager?

PSumbler said:

And would you see the credentials being the same if he wasn't the son of a former manager?

A link with the fans - Yes

Apart from that - No

PSumbler said:

In terms of credentials I don't care who his father is, what I care about is his sustained success with our youth setup and his knowledge of how we want to play and that he had the reserves also playing that way. He also was having a successful season in his only job as manager in Greece until circumstances outside of his control meant they parted ways.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back