• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Please not Toshack

  • Thread starter Thread starter eteb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 68
  • Views Views: Views 13,094
Let's face it... We is fůcked us season, staying up has to be our primary objective. I'm sure many will disagree strongly and that's cool.
 
Does he even play the way we want to play? I can’t say I can remember his time here tbh
 
i disgaree oldjack, still a top half squd on paper- plenty of shit in this division. Look at them up the road, reports that they will have no further signings, no wilson or ojo who were big for them last year
 
eteb said:
Does he even play the way we want to play? I can’t say I can remember his time here tbh

Will have to check, but I’m sure I read his style at paphos was similar to what Cooper’s was here.

Difficult to break down, but also struggled in final third despite boasting decent players at that level. That’s why for me, it would be a no.
 
I thought Toshack had glowing reports from his U23 days saying the style of play was good.
 
Swansea93 said:
I thought Toshack had glowing reports from his U23 days saying the style of play was good.

He did.

His teams play the way everyone has been saying they want us to play.

I think he’ll be a sensible appointment.
 
eteb said:
russell martin or Graeme Jones

Jones has been asked a few times and has said no apparently.

Also he was only at Luton for a short time before deciding to be an assistant again. Given his roles with Newcastle and England I’d be amazed if he wanted to come to us. I get the impression he decided he preferred the role he has now,
 
I wouldn't have a problem with him tbh. The incentive for him ( after his old man) would be huge.
Plus, he actually wants to be here. That helps.
 
sainthelens said:
I wouldn't have a problem with him tbh. The incentive for him ( after his old man) would be huge.
Plus, he actually wants to be here. That helps.

Plus we can get away from the Barmy Army nonsense and go back to black and white army…
 
It would be a brave decision to manage your home club, Coleman said he wouldn't want to
Also there is the danger of harming his fathers legacy in this case
 
The problem we have here is that the club is in a terrible situation. We have just lost parachute payments and we have owners who have decided that financial stability is our no 1 priority. Whilst that sounds like a reasobale aim they will do it not by investment but by continuing to deplete the playing squad. Were competitive last season by using loans and by having Ayew. Now Andre is gone and it seems that even loans are out of our price range.

The way I see it and Eustace and Cooper can see this too, is that we are heading for league 1 if not this season then certainly next after the yanks spend another season degrading the clubs playing squad. Does anyone seriously think that if any players leave they will be adequately replaced. We cant even stand still at the moment let alone improve.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top