• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prep for Christmas lunch (or dinner whatever you call it)

waynekerr55

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
If you haven't started yet, the Jamie Oliver get ahead gravy is good enough to drink.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/get-ahead-gravy/

The other tip is to brine your turkey in a saltwater solution (60g salt per litre of water). Lovely stuff!

I've got a question for those that fancy themselves in the kitchen...

My turkey crown is still quite warm, is it safe to put in the fridge now? It's been out resting for nearly two hours, and google is telling me it should be refrigerated before two hours is up.

Neath_Jack said:

My turkey crown is still quite warm, is it safe to put in the fridge now? It's been out resting for nearly two hours, and google is telling me it should be refrigerated before two hours is up.

Leave it out. Ours has been out and hour so I’ve covered it with foil and that’s where it’s staying.

exiledclaseboy said:
Leave it out. Ours has been out and hour so I’ve covered it with foil and that’s where it’s staying.

That's what we've always done, but i made the mistake of googling it earlier :roll:

Neath_Jack said:
That's what we've always done, but i made the mistake of googling it earlier :roll:

Hmm, ours is still out, and I too have googled ' how long can you leave a turkey out after cooking', and the advice seems to be, from the amount of time ours has been out already, to chuck it. :eek:

And the worst of it, after reading google I said to the missis what time are you putting that in the fridge, she said 'I'm not you tw*t, it's boiling, so looks like it's staying out overnight, covered in foil. :eek:

Well I’ve been eating room temperature turkey cooked the day before for decades and it hasn’t killed me yet.

Neath_Jack said:

I'd leave it to cool more personally. Maybe an hour or so and then put it in the fridge. Not cooking mine until tomorrow.

exiledclaseboy said:
Well I’ve been eating room temperature turkey cooked the day before for decades and it hasn’t killed me yet.

I've text loads of the family and they're all saying just that :lol:

Everything I'm reading though is saying don't eat it after two hours, fuck sake.

jack123 said:
Hmm, ours is still out, and I too have googled ' how long can you leave a turkey out after cooking', and the advice seems to be, from the amount of time ours has been out already, to chuck it. :eek:

And the worst of it, after reading google I said to the missis what time are you putting that in the fridge, she said 'I'm not you tw*t, it's boiling, so looks like it's staying out overnight, covered in foil. :eek:

So what you going to do? :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
Aye leave it out, did our crown this afternoon, and it's still warm ish. Itll be fine left out overnight, besides I'll be cutting slices all night.🎅👍

Neath_Jack said:
So what you going to do? :lol:

Eat it, as I have always done, but it is a bit off-putting to read the advice on safe storage times.

jack123 said:

Stick outside for a bit will soon cool down, just make sure you give it an umbrella bit damp out

Swanjaxs said:
Just got home from the Coricle, about to put the turkey in the oven , how long troops?...

il_794xN.5315668122_pov1.jpg
Gas mark 5 for 3 minutes should do it. 🎅👍 Enjoy.

Fbreath said:
Stick outside for a bit will soon cool down, just make sure you give it an umbrella bit damp out

:D There would be nothing left, the foxes would love that.

Word from the missis, it goes in fridge after dinner tomorrow, makes you think, why even google anything? Apparently I have been eating left out turkey for a long, long time, yet when you read about it, it seems a big no-no?

Strange though, the missis is a stickler for best before dates, on non meat products, but seems to scoff at food health advice regarding turkeys.

I try to pass on my new learned food health advice, to the missis and I get called a tw*t, I'm not really in the mood for an argument, but why is this turkey storing advice ignored?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back