• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell Martin

• Thread starter Geoff
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 164
  • Views: Views 34,987
What I don't understand is the leaks of who we want to then wait before the job is accepted

Richard said:
RUSSELL MARTIN has been offered the Swansea City Head Coach job and turned it down at this stage, TGG understands.

The Swans are looking for a replacement for Steve Cooper, who left by mutual consent at the start of the month, and had identified the MK Dons boss as their number one choice.

The 35-year-old has won acclaim for his approach during 20 months in charge of the League One side, both in terms of their style of play and his leadership style. Last season the team ranked third in Europe for their possession stats, behind only Barcelona and Manchester City.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/russell-martin-turns-down-swansea-city-offer

Ah dont worry we have got managers lining up according to some of the club defenders on here who hate fans bashing the club.its all going fine guys.

Not saying that the reports of Martin turning down the job is true but…

If we have an assistant manager and a mid-table L1 manager turning us down having got to the playoff final last season, somethings not right is it?

https://twitter.com/stujames75/status/1420684353215074305?s=20

A good friend of mine runs RMA (Russell Martin Academy) here in Spain. He's very close to Russell and called him yesterday to discuss the potential move.

RM told him he's definitely not joining us. He has a long term project with MK Dons and now's not the time to move.

I feel that we would be a great natural step for him, but not if he's not going to have funds to get new players in. He would probably be better to wait for a better opportunity, unfortunately.

It's a shame as I think he ticks almost every box that those looking for us to go back to "The Swansea Way" would need.

Jodie Morris isn't a bad back up though......

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/nickmashiter/status/1420681347815809024?s=20

We are still trying even though he rejected us first time.

Desperate.

I wouldnt give up on him, Id offer him whatever he wants

JackBaston said:
Risc said:
https://twitter.com/nickmashiter/status/1420681347815809024?s=20

We are still trying even though he rejected us first time.

Desperate.

How can we when we are skint...tatey it is by the looks of it.

Stinks of no money for sure... whos going to want to come here only to fail due to being shackled by winters and the owners.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
JackBaston said:

We're not skint though, we're just not chucking stupid money around like other clubs

100% something wrong at the club, if we are failing on asst managers and L1 managers... Tells you everything! Can take one but it's becoming clear that there is going to be little support from above.

With all this going on, where are the owners in all this.

JackBaston said:

We're not skint though, we're just not chucking stupid money around like other clubs

Sorry but personally I dont believe thats the case,I think we are skint.

To be honest though its a mute point because whether we are skint or just being tight it leads to the same thing,bargain basement manager of average quality.

Don't think we are skiint but the fact that the Americans are unwilling to support the manager... And I am not talking investment.

JackBaston said:

Sorry but personally I dont believe thats the case,I think we are skint.

We've spent 1.8m on transfers so far, wouldnt be spending any money if skint

No offence to mkd but how could a young league one manager turn a championship club down, a club who for the last two seasons reached the play offs and last season reached the play off final for a place in the PL.

The manager debacle clearly shows the state we are in.

Martin still in frame despite rejecting initial advance.

Doesn't sit right with me. Hope all our eggs aren't in one basket.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back