• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell Martin

• Thread starter Geoff
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 164
  • Views: Views 34,984
JackBaston said:
A4Jack said:
Odds have shifted slightly out with Morris and Terry a bit closer again.

Bookies obviously have nothing definitive yet

Odds are based on betting, not information
To a certain extent you're right, but Skybet certainly use information they have through their network of reporters. If it was based on betting alone, it would be worked out automatically, but all betting companies have 'experts' who factor in information and knowledge into the odds they give. A friend of mine used to work for one of the betting firms out in Gibraltar doing exactly this. However, I suspect the drop in Terry's odds is more down to the sheer volume of punters throwing a punt in his direction than any knowledge about him being a target for us. Obviously the betting firms have to reduce the odds to reduce potential losses if he were to be appointed, however slim that possibility is.

Jacket said:
JackBaston said:
Odds are based on betting, not information
To a certain extent you're right, but Skybet certainly use information they have through their network of reporters. If it was based on betting alone, it would be worked out automatically, but all betting companies have 'experts' who factor in information and knowledge into the odds they give. A friend of mine used to work for one of the betting firms out in Gibraltar doing exactly this. However, I suspect the drop in Terry's odds is more down to the sheer volume of punters throwing a punt in his direction than any knowledge about him being a target for us. Obviously the betting firms have to reduce the odds to reduce potential losses if he were to be appointed, however slim that possibility is.

There are experts who set the base prices based on probability, sometimes updating it based on inside knowledge but the majority fluctuation of odds are based on size and quantity of bets. If i put say £10k on Roberto, he'd sky rocket on there as I imagine the amount and quantity for bets are relatively low for the market
Odds arent always reflective of the percentage of the outcome, and thats how some people make a living of betting againts the bookies. I imagine a lot of people are betting on Martin atm as hes the favourite for the fans and itll be mainly Swansea fans betting on him

reportedly been iterviewed so he's keen to come - pay the compo and get it done

eteb said:
reportedly been iterviewed so he's keen to come - pay the compo and get it done

Hope thats true, he should definitely be our number 1 target
Dons fans seem to think he wont move as hes settled in Brighton

in fairness it looks like a fake account, bantering insults with other tweeters now

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back