• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This game for me highlighted everywhere that we are short at the moment. Yates needs a foil to play off and three holding midfielders is nonsensical. I would like to see a front three of Kukharevych, Cullen and Yates. Cullen playing slightly deeper and a midfield two of Patino and Grimes/Allen.

We also need an experienced centre half because we have three young central defenders and no leadership there or an old head who can read the game and smell danger.

https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1695465323980304797

Cardiff just won too. Poor day. Hope next week is better. This formation isn’t working out. Surprise surprise.

I think it's hit me today that we are in a bit of trouble here........powder puff and yet it looks like all our football and compusure on the ball is going out the window.

We need 3/4 quality and I mean quality signings to turn this because I think that Duff pragmatic style isn't going to work and although we won't concede as many as the last 2 years, we are still going to ship more goals than we can afford.

The reality of Martin's tenure not being as bad as many thought is starting to come to light.

Itchysphincter said:
Fulton’s been okay, Grimes passing sloppy by usual standards, Yates doesn’t want to no play with his back to goal that’s why it’s not sticking, but our biggest problem is ball watching defenders.

Fulton has very definitely not been ok. He has been absolutely dreadful.

As has Grimes.

As has Ashby (goal aside). And as has Paterson when he came on.

We HAVE to get some creativity into this side. Ntcham’s loss is huge.

Allen showed what Grimes should be doing when he came on. Urgency to show and turn and move it up. Not dropping to get the ball and eating 5 minutes aimlessly passing it to Wood before hitting it into a channel that has been well and truly blocked by the time he thinks of it.

Just awful in midfield. No movement and no urgency. No angles being created. Just standing there.

Not helped by this stupid formation where we sacrifice a midfielder for an incompetent centre back though in the absence of any creative talent in midfield it’s neither here nor there I guess.

As for someone paying £10m plus for Wood. Really?

bakajack said:
This game for me highlighted everywhere that we are short at the moment. Yates needs a foil to play off and three holding midfielders is nonsensical. I would like to see a front three of Kukharevych, Cullen and Yates. Cullen playing slightly deeper and a midfield two of Patino and Grimes/Allen.

We also need an experienced centre half because we have three young central defenders and no leadership there or an old head who can read the game and smell danger.

Allen has nothing left imo

PSumbler said:
https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1695465323980304797

This with sprinkles on!

Looks like the reality has kicked in that we have got carried away with a poor summer window.

Take a big step back here with our belief that being pragmatic would be the cherry on the cake.
This week will be have a massive say in our season and Duff needs some absolute quality signings to help him out.

Itchysphincter said:
Fulton moves in to space very well. He’s not a defensive midfielder. If you see him as a defensive midfielder it’s no surprise he’s not doing his job. :lol:

We are looking worse than bang average at the moment.

What is he then!? because he no creative midfielder nor is he a holding midfielder or one with a huge passing range.

Fulton's been decent this season but he played like a wall today. Heavy on his feet and every pass went straight back the way it came, no appreciation for where the space was and who was under pressure. And Grimes showed why he can't play that further forward role, when asked to play quicker more progressive football he panics and things go astray. Square pegs when we badly needed Cooper or Paterson from the start to drive between the lines.

Not been convinced at all by Yates. Like what Kuharevych offered, his movement was really good but no one tried to pick him out apart from Allen. Darling and Ashby are poor defenders.

magicdaps10 said:
This with sprinkles on!

Looks like the reality has kicked in that we have got carried away with a poor summer window.

Take a big step back here with our belief that being pragmatic would be the cherry on the cake.
This week will be have a massive say in our season and Duff needs some absolute quality signings to help him out.

Maybe it’s time for all this money we’ve been hiding to be used? Snigger.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Maybe it’s time for all this money we’ve been hiding to be used? Snigger.

You can snigger but if we don't get it right them you are going to be in for a bit of worry this season.

If we have done our homework then it doesn't need to break the bank given the money we have received for Piroe and likely to get for Wood.
We are lacking clear creativity and speed.

The most worrying thing was the lack of character and leadership throughout the team.. teams get relegated with this sort of characteristic

Skippyjack said:
The most worrying thing was the lack of character and leadership throughout the team.. teams get relegated with this sort of characteristic

Shapeless for most of the game

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back