• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSumbler said:
https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1695465323980304797

That’s fair. I’ve thought for a while we’re only one poor window away from being relegation fodder, but hopefully it’s not this one. The worrying sign is we’ve signed a lot of players but gone backwards, so it’s hard to see how more average signings will help.

Hopefully Duff can start to turn things around over the next 4-6 weeks and get us starting to look like a team again. We don’t want to be heading well into the autumn stuck down the bottom.

magicdaps10 said:
What is he then!? because he no creative midfielder nor is he a holding midfielder or one with a huge passing range.

Lets be fair here - Fulton has been a bang average midfielder for all of his time at Swansea

The fact that Martin had to resort to picking him again last season tells you more about our lack of options than anything else

We need a creative midfielder and we need to stop playing three at the back (four if you count the endless times Grimes drops so far back he is one of them)

Longlostjack said:
I‘ll stay positive. That Ukranian has something. When this fecking transfer window closes and after another five odd games we‘ll be OK.

I thought that chest down and shot at the end had a bit about it, liked his confidence to take it on.
Despite his height, he doesn't on first glance seem to be a target man.

sainthelens said:
Yes its still early doors, but the reality is...should it go tits up tmrw, and Muff turn up on Tuesday, then next Saturday comes with way more pressure/anxiety than it should. Unthinkable being lose all 3 going into the international break with a trip to the piggery on the other side.
I'll get my coat.

Not looking good ladies.

magicdaps10 said:
I think it's hit me today that we are in a bit of trouble here........powder puff and yet it looks like all our football and compusure on the ball is going out the window.

We need 3/4 quality and I mean quality signings to turn this because I think that Duff pragmatic style isn't going to work and although we won't concede as many as the last 2 years, we are still going to ship more goals than we can afford.

The reality of Martin's tenure not being as bad as many thought is starting to come to light.

I don’t see what Duff’s style is. He’s supposed to prefer direct attacking football, but I saw a graph this week that had us as one of the slowest teams going forward. It looks more like ‘throw 11 men on and see how they do’. He’s got a massive few weeks coming up.

magicdaps10 said:
I thought that chest down and shot at the end had a bit about it, liked his confidence to take it on.
Despite his height, he doesn't on first glance seem to be a target man.

I thought duff says he's one for the future, that fact that he's been brought on says a lot about the strength of the squad

LeonWasTheDog's said:
I don’t see what Duff’s style is. He’s supposed to prefer direct attacking football, but I saw a graph this week that had us as one of the slowest teams going forward. It looks more like ‘throw 11 men on and see how they do’. He’s got a massive few weeks coming up.

He definitely needs to get his shit together

PSumbler said:
Lets be fair here - Fulton has been a bang average midfielder for all of his time at Swansea

The fact that Martin had to resort to picking him again last season tells you more about our lack of options than anything else

We need a creative midfielder and we need to stop playing three at the back (four if you count the endless times Grimes drops so far back he is one of them)

Agreed with the back 4 AND Fulton.

I think Grimes dropping in and splitting the 2 centre halves in a back 4 will create a 3 at the back and allow the full backs to push on.....be that if we play wingers or a diamond in midfield.

As Duff said about Ogbeta. I know what he can do in the league below but this is a step up........same goes to Duff and he needs to adapt to the clear and obvious things that are needed.
We have some money to do these things, he Watson and whoever need to have a deep conversational 72hours prior to getting the bodies needed in through the door.

magicdaps10 said:
Agreed with the back 4 AND Fulton.

I think Grimes dropping in and splitting the 2 centre halves in a back 4 will create a 3 at the back and allow the full backs to push on.....be that if we play wingers or a diamond in midfield.

As Duff said about Ogbeta. I know what he can do in the league below but this is a step up........same goes to Duff and he needs to adapt to the clear and obvious things that are needed.
We have some money to do these things, he Watson and whoever need to have a deep conversational 72hours prior to getting the bodies needed in through the door.

This is the thing for me there is no point in playing a back 3 given how deep Grimes wants to play for most of the time.

Duff said two weeks back we needed 2 or 3 players. Piroe has gone since then, Wood likely to leave so we need 4 or 5 more. Anything less and he has been short changed.

PSumbler said:

This in spades

Was happy with the way were playing until they scored, then as per the wheels fell off.

Again, playing 3 similarly week centre backs is always going to cost us week in week out.
Fulton needs to be put to bed now once and for all.

No mugs in the Championship this season by the looks of it and a massive last week of the transfer window coming up.
Very much make or break time (yes already)...

magicdaps10 said:
You can snigger but if we don't get it right them you are going to be in for a bit of worry this season.

If we have done our homework then it doesn't need to break the bank given the money we have received for Piroe and likely to get for Wood.
We are lacking clear creativity and speed.

I’m sniggering at the ridiculous comments that have been made all summer about how we have all this money, new decision making, don’t need to sell our best players etc.

It’s farcical.

We had already only spent what we’d brought in without selling Piroe and probably Wood.

We are in a sorry state. Decisions that should have been made ages ago about our finances are now having a real impact.

We need, as a minimum, a new left back (God knows who this Bloke we’ve brought in is, as I’d thought he was a first team left back but it seems not from what reporters are saying), two new midfielders, a centre back (two if Wood goes) and a forward.

That’s five or six in a week.

And yet everyone has been saying what a fab window it’s been.

And thinking we have brought in the messiah of all recruitment.

Let’s hope against hope we see significant movement in the next few days, otherwise we are absolutely buggered.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I’m sniggering at the ridiculous comments that have been made all summer about how we have all this money, new decision making, don’t need to sell our best players etc.

It’s farcical.

We had already only spent what we’d brought in without selling Piroe and probably Wood.

We are in a sorry state. Decisions that should have been made ages ago about our finances are now having a real impact.

We need, as a minimum, a new left back (God knows who this Bloke we’ve brought in is, as I’d thought he was a first team left back but it seems not from what reporters are saying), two new midfielders, a centre back (two if Wood goes) and a forward.

That’s five or six in a week.

And yet everyone has been saying what a fab window it’s been.

And thinking we have brought in the messiah of all recruitment.

Let’s hope against hope we see significant movement in the next few days, otherwise we are absolutely buggered.

Fair play Lisa the transfer window is looking more and more gash by the game.... Every pre season I get fooled 😮‍💨🙄😱

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back