• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Cardiff City | The EFL Championship

Early days, lads. Players are bedding in, and more additions are on the way, hopefully.

I'm certain we are better off than we were this time last year.

It will probably take another month before we can make a fair assessment.

My glass is definitely half full.
As you were...

Yeh we will be fine.

I think a lot of are a bit deflated as it's a bit of a missed opportunity and it feels like a loss given the time they scored. We'll be comfortable mid table and that lot will be battling relegation come May

Watched the whole game then had to go out, so only getting the chance to throw in my two pennorth now.
What the feck was wrong with Ronald? Apart from his shot which set up the tap in, everything he touched turned to shyte. He seemed to be overthinking everything. He needs to be more direct in future. Eom wasn't much better, mind. What a match in which to have your two star wingers both misfiring!
I knew an equaliser was coming from about the 50th minute onwards. We retreated into our shell and tried to protect the lead rather than pressing for a second. Deadly mistake.

Williams needs to work on getting midfield and attack to link up better with Bango and Darling when playing against a deep sitting defensive team like Cardiff. An enormous amount of our play goes through them, and too often in the second half they were left looking for an outlet and aimlessly passing across the field to one another deep in our half. We'll see this time and again at home. More work on the training field, Luke.
Ive had the feeling for a while Ronalds crossing/final ball isn't the best, as you say more practise.

Really big fan of Franco!!
Him and Grimes looked great together and it all went to shit when he went off.
Ronald didn’t fancy their right back at all and was erratic as F.
As soon as Tanner came on and you saw how much space he had, you knew what was coming.
Abdulai is not a winger.
Grimes was never near Franco and was never near great. Absolutely shocking. Can't count on one hand amount of forward passes he made..AND that includes free kicks.

I thought they were the best thing about our first half tbh.

It only went to shit once Fulton and, later, Allen came on.
Our first half. We created one chance. We spent most of the time passing the ball around our half of the pitch. Having 75% possession is not worth a fucking toss if you're not doing anything with it

In fairness, not much you can do when the opposition have 11 behind the ball
Well, yes there is. You practice in training. You change tactics. You stop the creative midfielder playing as a third centre back thus nulling the gap between defence midfield and attack. You try movement. Wingers coming in off flanks. There is quite a lot really.

Well, yes there is. You practice in training. You change tactics. You stop the creative midfielder playing as a third centre back thus nulling the gap between defence midfield and attack. You try movement. Wingers coming in off flanks. There is quite a lot really.
Fair enough. Get your cv in lad!

Moot point vs. mute point

A moot point is sometimes mispronounced as mute point, making it a common linguistic egghorn. At first glance, moot and mute might seem like similar words, but they are pronounced differently and mean different things.

Mute rhymes with cute, whereas moot rhymes with boot. Moot means unimportant or not worth talking about, while mute means completely silent.

It’s easy to see why people may confuse the two words in this expression. If one were to say something is a moot point, their mistake would be understandable since the presumed meaning—“the point is silent”—still makes sense. However, it’s critical to know the correct phrase is not a moot point but a moot point.
Thank you. I’ve been trying to tell people this all my life, but that could be a ‘mute’ point as well as a moot point. 😉

Grimes was never near Franco and was never near great. Absolutely shocking. Can't count on one hand amount of forward passes he made..AND that includes free kicks.
I disagree on the point where they weren’t playing close together. They were controlling the game.
The second point, I’d put the blame on our forward players. None of whom were effective or what I’d call killers.
When I’m looking at weak links today it sure as shit going to be Grimes and Franco.

In fairness, not much you can do when the opposition have 11 behind the ball
They played such a high line at times that I was praying for our keeper to try a long diagonal to either wing to get in behind them. Never happened.

Watched the whole game then had to go out, so only getting the chance to throw in my two pennorth now.
What the feck was wrong with Ronald? Apart from his shot which set up the tap in, everything he touched turned to shyte. He seemed to be overthinking everything. He needs to be more direct in future. Eom wasn't much better, mind. What a match in which to have your two star wingers both misfiring!
I knew an equaliser was coming from about the 50th minute onwards. We retreated into our shell and tried to protect the lead rather than pressing for a second. Deadly mistake.

Williams needs to work on getting midfield and attack to link up better with Bango and Darling when playing against a deep sitting defensive team like Cardiff. An enormous amount of our play goes through them, and too often in the second half they were left looking for an outlet and aimlessly passing across the field to one another deep in our half. We'll see this time and again at home. More work on the training field, Luke.
We needed someone to carry the ball through their midfield. Nobody seems able to do that though

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back