• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea vs Stoke | The EFL Championship

We have attacking threat...
I think it has to be said Eom was on fire in the first half, virtually beating men for fun, and was unlucky not to score. They doubled up on him in the second half, and he faded as an attacking threat.
But if a player is doubled up on, it means the opponents have left a gap somewhere else. As usual, we couldn't take advantage.

Darling, Cabango and Viggy are playing out of their skins. But it isn't sustainable, we will concede goals. Us not scoring enough to win games could absolutely continue indefinitely though unfortunately.
We are the same stage as we were under Monk, tight games, we need to start scoring goals. either start scoring or start conceding.......take note those in charge.!

Maybe it’s a case of having to sacrifice a bit of attacking threat in order to shore up at the back. We had a season or so of shipping goals at an alarming rate, so we’ve at least sorted most of that. Perhaps the pendulum has swung too far.
I'm hoping that's what's happening and Williams now focusing further forward

Maybe it’s a case of having to sacrifice a bit of attacking threat in order to shore up at the back. We had a season or so of shipping goals at an alarming rate, so we’ve at least sorted most of that. Perhaps the pendulum has swung too far.
Here’s hoping. I think we are better now, but it’s so frustrating that we just can’t get the goals

I'm really not sure the defence is "sorted" to the extent some are saying. Sure, we have had a number of clean sheets this season and the goals against column looks pretty good, but I don't think it tells the whole story.

If you actually watch the games we've been lucky at times - lots of poor finishing from the other team, lots of last ditch defending from us and, let's face it, in a lot of the games Vigoroux has been our MOTM.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there's a correction to come over the next few matches, we are unlikely to just keep getting away with it.

I'm really not sure the defence is "sorted" to the extent some are saying. Sure, we have had a number of clean sheets this season and the goals against column looks pretty good, but I don't think it tells the whole story.

If you actually watch the games we've been lucky at times - lots of poor finishing from the other team, lots of last ditch defending from us and, let's face it, in a lot of the games Vigoroux has been our MOTM.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there's a correction to come over the next few matches, we are unlikely to just keep getting away with it.
The wingers are working harder and helping the full backs out more, Grimes is dropping deeper and doing so creating an extra man defensively.
It's definetly a tighter unit being created but it's not been perfect and I wouldn't rule out a bit of a thumping soon enough but saying that...the league as a whole is weaker this season than it has in previous seasons.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back