• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

As a side note, all I seem to be watching are teams celebrating or with something to play for. Not feeling entitled but let's give it a fckn go next year Luke. Last few seasons been a proper bore fest, be nice to be in the hunt come next April.

As a side note, all I seem to be watching are teams celebrating or with something to play for. Not feeling entitled but let's give it a fckn go next year Luke. Last few seasons been a proper bore fest, be nice to be in the hunt come next April.
Mate, half of the championship don't know what they're doing.. everyone thought Renato Sanches could pass the ball out for fun, it's been a regular occurrence throughout the season

Mate, half of the championship don't know what they're doing.. everyone thought Renato Sanches could pass the ball out for fun, it's been a regular occurrence throughout the season
Guess the point I'm trying to make is....I honestly think we've wasted few decent opportunities to really succeed and with some proper effort/tweaking we can. If I thought there was no hope, I don't think the frustration of us pissing about would be so annoying.

In order of priority for me:

Striker
Goalkeeper (extremely close second)
Left Winger
Attacking Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Centre Half

I'd have to have a CM way up that list.

Grimes, Allen and Fulton are all peas from the same pod. We need something completely different in there. Energy, aggression, zip - whatever you want to call it, basically everything those three aren't. Think Pratley, Bodde, Fer. That type of player. We badly need someone with a bit of bite, who can get up and down the pitch for 90 mins.

The current options are so pedestrian and slow, it's a major problem and has been for about 5 years now.

Grimes, Allen and Fulton are all peas from the same pod. We need something completely different in there. Energy, aggression, zip - whatever you want to call it, basically everything those three aren't. Think Pratley, Bodde, Fer. That type of player. We badly need someone with a bit of bite, who can get up and down the pitch for 90 mins.

The current options are so pedestrian and slow, it's a major problem and has been for about 5 years now.
Think we’ve already got it in Abdulai. I have a feeling this will be a breakout season for him.

However a backup/competitor for him would
Be good nonetheless (particularly as he has had a few injuries)

I'd like to see us try for Jordan James, he's got potential, he has been superb when playing for Wales for a 19 year old

I'd like to see us try for Jordan James, he's got potential, he has been superb when playing for Wales for a 19 year old

We’ve got more chance of signing Page 3 Jordan than Jordan James - they rejected £15 million from Serie A clubs for him in January

Should be all over Shandon Baptiste who is being released by Brentford.
He has played over 50 games since they got into the Premier league but has fallen down the pecking order but still a good age and a solid player in the middle of the park.
There is a lad who is also out of contract at Az Aalmar called Dani De Wit that I would hope we are keeping tabs on and at 26 is a good age. He is more an attacking no 10 style player but a type of player we are crying out for.

There are players out there and if we need to compete we need to be tighter on the budget........a reason why I was suprised that 10-15k a week was allowed to retain Naughton and Allen.

I don’t agree about the players we already have being peas from the same pod. Sure, Grimes and Fulton are now playing like clones of each other, but at their best Grimes is a creative playmaker and Fulton is a first-class DM. With the right coaching, they could be assets to the squad. And Allen is an all-rounder - age is just catching up with him now.

Also don’t agree about our central midfield problems going back to the start of Cooper’s reign. Three years is plenty.

But yeah, I’d love us to sign another Leon.

Last edited:
Where's Marvin Emnes, I had to get it in there before someone mentions him

Will be interesting to see how prepared we are for transfers. If a Langstaff deal has already been worked on extensively as some have suggested then surely it would make no sense to put it off until towards the end of the window. Let's face it though, early transfer business hasn't exactly been our strong suit in recent transfer windows.

Notice Peterborough are in for that Conn Clarke lad we had some spurious links to in Jan. His highlight reel is very impressive and the Posh recruitment is always bang on.
Big jump though.

Will be interesting to see how prepared we are for transfers. If a Langstaff deal has already been worked on extensively as some have suggested then surely it would make no sense to put it off until towards the end of the window. Let's face it though, early transfer business hasn't exactly been our strong suit in recent transfer windows.
The window doesn’t open until mid June… if we do have deals lined up, I wouldn’t want us publicising them until the window is open. No point putting possible competitors on alert.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back