• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Can't see anyone other than Russ being interested in signing Wood. Let's hope saints don't go up and they may well be back in for him. If they go up I would very surprised if they wanted him.
Depends.

A young English under-21s defender who has a reasonable first season in the Premier League could easily be resold at significant profit to a side who feels they could better develop him. Anything around 5-6 million would be seen as a reasonable gamble for such a side.

I know that I’m in the minority here but I think Wood will go all the way.

I wonder if we'll look to bring back Kristian Fletcher from DC United? He was scoring goals for fun with the u21s when he was here briefly last year, before heading back to DC for the start of their season. He's mainly been a sub for them so far; Christian Benteke is their main man up front.

Not suggesting we'd look at him as the main striker, but maybe as an option to start in certain scenarios or come off the bench similar to the way Lowe was often used.

His DC United profile page lists him as a forward/left winger.

Can't really see it happening, but you never know.

Last edited:
Can't see him coming here to be a sub.
Depends, right now we don't have a first choice active left winger and surely he would fancy his chances as a striker right now up against Cullen and Yates and Kukharevych. If we do pay the bucks to bring in Langstaff then that might even work out better if he is being brought in exclusively to play as left winger.

Considering the owner's intention to make money rather than further careers of their players it would certainly give him far better exposure than being a sub in the US League.

If I had to choose between selling Wood or Cabango I would sell Wood but preferably sell both. Cabango plays at a better tempo than Wood but he is consistently more careless with his distribution and has put us into trouble on many occasions with sloppy passes.

In either case I would want us to get in a new partner for Darling in the middle of a back four but understandably right now our higher priorities are goalkeeper, striker, central midfield, attacking midfield and left wing.
I think Cabango was considerably better when in tandem with Darling instead of with Wood towards the end of the season and we won 3 games on the bounce without conceding a goal. He had a lot of potential a few years ago but stalled badly under Martin and Duff but if he could be coached to kick on from his end of season form, I'd keep him and just replace Wood.

We need an upgrade at CB.. someone with experience and can organise the defence. Cabango is at his ceiling but not a top half Championship defender. Wood I agree we should sell, his head has been turned so I expect him to go...

We need an upgrade at CB.. someone with experience and can organise the defence. Cabango is at his ceiling but not a top half Championship defender. Wood I agree we should sell, his head has been turned so I expect him to go...
Scott McKenna is out of favour at Forest, good player, plenty of experience, and our head of youth brought him through when he was at Aberdeen.

Scott McKenna is out of favour at Forest, good player, plenty of experience, and our head of youth brought him through when he was at Aberdeen.
Was he a target when Cooper was here? Or was it Potter? The name is familiar anyway.

Was he a target when Cooper was here? Or was it Potter? The name is familiar anyway.
Yeah he was definitely a target in the past, don’t know if he’d be out of our price range but he’d be a great signing.

The irony right now is that we have a great track record lately of developing every goalkeepers except our own

We need an entire spine.

Ideally we tempt Rushworth back, although that seems unlikely.

We need a proper, no ******* about centre back who can actually manage this division over 46 games, not just half a dozen.

We need a midfielder with bite, energy and can do a bit of everything, to offset the tippy tappy 'short back and sides' midfielders we seem to have too many of.

Finally we need a new CF who is basically everything Yates and Cullen aren't.

Even if we get these there'll still be tons of work to do - but it'd be a start.

We need an entire spine.

Ideally we tempt Rushworth back, although that seems unlikely.

We need a proper, no ******* about centre back who can actually manage this division over 46 games, not just half a dozen.

We need a midfielder with bite, energy and can do a bit of everything, to offset the tippy tappy 'short back and sides' midfielders we seem to have too many of.

Finally we need a new CF who is basically everything Yates and Cullen aren't.

Even if we get these there'll still be tons of work to do - but it'd be a start.
In order of priority for me:

Striker
Goalkeeper (extremely close second)
Left Winger
Attacking Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Centre Half

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors