• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

I heard today that Will Evans left Newport to join Mansfield for just 200k.

Versatile and scored so many goals last season. Surely worth a punt at that price!?

I heard today that Will Evans left Newport to join Mansfield for just 200k.

Versatile and scored so many goals last season. Surely worth a punt at that price!?
Just had a quick look at his goal scoring record.

In seven seasons he only scored double figures on three occasions.

The equivalent of 10 Jerry Yates.. would have been worth a punt. Natural eye for goal

He only became professional 2 years ago. Prior to that in the Cymru prem he wasn't an out and out striker.

His journey so far doesn't inspire me with confidence and there's a reason he's just signed for Mansfield and not Middlesborough.

His journey so far doesn't inspire me with confidence and there's a reason he's just signed for Mansfield and not Middlesborough.
Well it's not like his best seasons are in the distant past, he's obviously improving - his journey is extremely inspirational.

200k, well worth the punt when you look at what Langstaff went for and ehat Sidebeh is looking like.

Well it's not like his best seasons are in the distant past, he's obviously improving - his journey is extremely inspirational.

200k, well worth the punt when you look at what Langstaff went for and ehat Sidebeh is looking like.
He wouldn't improve what we already are my thoughts on him.

We're all different which makes places like this great 👍🏼

He wouldn't improve what we already are my thoughts on him.

We're all different which makes places like this great 👍🏼

Quite possible that he wouldn't. However signing no one else and sticking with just Cullen as the alternative also wouldn't improve us (which is current the case). For 200k i would have rolled the dice.

Irrelevant now anyway, interesting to see how he does in league 1.

Quite possible that he wouldn't. However signing no one else and sticking with just Cullen as the alternative also wouldn't improve us (which is current the case). For 200k i would have rolled the dice.

Irrelevant now anyway, interesting to see how he does in league 1.
For 200k and his age I would rather blood Josh Thomas into the side

I covered a lot of Newport last season and really don't think Will Evans would make it at championship player - was excellent for Newport but going back and watching League 2 football was an eye opener to how bad the quality is... we think we're bad - I can't imagine our fans having to watch league 2 dross now.

Luke Just confirmed we are now on the lookout for a goaly aswell. Makes it 5 minimum required.

Goaly
Centre half
2 x Winger/no 10
Striker

Will he move for Rushworth or a cheaper back up like Marko Marosi is the question. He also confirmed that he expects I comings very soon.

Luke Just confirmed we are now on the lookout for a goaly aswell. Makes it 5 minimum required.

Goaly
Centre half
2 x Winger/no 10
Striker

Will he move for Rushworth or a cheaper back up like Marko Marosi is the question. He also confirmed that he expects I comings very soon.
Likely a more experienced backup to Vigouroux than someone like Rushworth I would think. Unless he commits some high profile howlers that makes LW lose faith in him I expect him to be our number 1.

Surely pressure is on right now for the club to finalize their deal for Ruben Providence, the lack of backup options out wide and/or behind the striker is now under an extremely uncomfortable spotlight.

If we sign Providence then it also covers our striker back up problem, since he also can play up top as well as number 10 and on both wings. With Vipotnic, Cullen and hopefully the club blooding Josh Thomas this season as well adding his potential versatility into the mix should be plenty of cover for a formation that usually only operates with 1 up front.

Likely a more experienced backup to Vigouroux than someone like Rushworth I would think. Unless he commits some high profile howlers that makes LW lose faith in him I expect him to be our number 1.

Surely pressure is on right now for the club to finalize their deal for Ruben Providence, the lack of backup options out wide and/or behind the striker is now under an extremely uncomfortable spotlight.

If we sign Providence then it also covers our striker back up problem, since he also can play up top as well as number 10 and on both wings. With Vipotnic, Cullen and hopefully the club blooding Josh Thomas this season as well adding his potential versatility into the mix should be plenty of cover for a formation that usually only operates with 1 up front.
Could see it was crying out for another winger last night as we were so one dimensional with Ronald, Abdullai and Naughton tried but we're pretty in affective.....although when Key came on, he and Abdullai looked dangerous with more speed albeit against a tiring ten men.

I would tend to agree with an experienced back up but options are getting thinner for Rush so as the days tick off the more chance Rushworth has coming here IMHO.

Word on Twitter/other places (no reputation being commented on), claiming that Providence is still training with us, but his Austrian club have gone back on their word over a fee/no fee. He doesn't want to return, so we should be able to force something through

All taken with a pinch of salt, but this is a transfer rumours thread after all

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back