• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Why would he go there? They've just signed the guy from plymouth I thought?

Still though, won't be coming here either.
Can't see them splashing 2M on a highly rated keeper in Cooper to then bring Rushworth in to compete. United also have Adam Davies and a Croatian international as other goalkeeping options.
Even if you look at all the other clubs in the league with a bit of punch financially, they are all set with goalkeeping options and back ups.

I think we will be in with a good chance for Rush but it all depends on Brighton lowering their demands and I think they would be silly not too if they want him playing regularly.

Can't see them splashing 2M on a highly rated keeper in Cooper to then bring Rushworth in to compete. United also have Adam Davies and a Croatian international as other goalkeeping options.
Even if you look at all the other clubs in the league with a bit of punch financially, they are all set with goalkeeping options and back ups.

I think we will be in with a good chance for Rush but it all depends on Brighton lowering their demands and I think they would be silly not too if they want him playing regularly.

We won't splash big cash on a loan, other clubs will. This is a pipe dream for some and they'll end up dissapointed.

TBH as much as id like Rushworth back, if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be that bothered. Vigo looks ok. I think its more important we get a CB and a winger in.

We won't splash big cash on a loan, other clubs will. This is a pipe dream for some and they'll end up dissapointed.
I agree that we won't but what other Championship club will splash the figure or close to the figure quoted for a Goalkeeper on loan?

If Brighton stand by their demands then Rushworth will be sitting each week in the stands at Brighton.

TBH as much as id like Rushworth back, if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be that bothered. Vigo looks ok. I think its more important we get a CB and a winger in.
I think I would be comfortable with an experienced stopper coming to back up Viguroux.

Plenty free agents about to consider.......anyone for Erwin Mulder 😁

Max Johnston

Right back, can't see much in this, as I doubt he would come as a back up when looking to develop his career.

Where would that leave Key?

Edit

If we have limited funds surely other positions are more important. Can only put this down as a no goer.

Last edited:
O'Rourke from this site is a decent source, but this makes so little sense. We've a great right-back as it is, why would we loan in cover?

We all know what’s likely to happen, let’s be honest, there’ll be mad panic before the window closes to grab who we can to come in, and they’ll be all so rans look loanees to make the numbers up. It’s happened in the past so nobody is gonna be surprised, the old old story will be that we tried very very hard to get deals done etc, all the usual bullshit, Levien is the yes/no man despite what Coleman says, that’s probably why we ain’t heard a squeak out of him all through this close season!

We all know what’s likely to happen, let’s be honest, there’ll be mad panic before the window closes to grab who we can to come in, and they’ll be all so rans look loanees to make the numbers up. It’s happened in the past so nobody is gonna be surprised, the old old story will be that we tried very very hard to get deals done etc, all the usual bullshit, Levien is the yes/no man despite what Coleman says, that’s probably why we ain’t heard a squeak out of him all through this close season!
I'm not disagreeing with the way this transfer window feels likely to end, but...

The way we went around our business for the first few months, quietly, efficiently, and from the basis of the four signings so far, successfully, does imply to me that there is a much more structured approach to the window this year when compared to last. Vipotnik was the fourth player in a row that we signed out of nowhere, highlighting that we must be doing some things correctly to keep things under wraps before their confirmed.

I'm not a Watson/Coleman-apologist, but they made the case to be judged from January of last year. Ronald has been a great success, and although it's too early to call on the newbies, at least three of the four have signed to great optimism from fans and journos.

I hope desperately that the reason for this quiet period is that we're waiting to announce another two signings in the next few days, but it's starting to not feel likely anymore.

Max Johnston

Right back, can't see much in this, as I doubt he would come as a back up when looking to develop his career.

Where would that leave Key?

Edit

If we have limited funds surely other positions are more important. Can only put this down as a no goer.

Competition for his place, keep him on his toes or we could even push him further forward on the right flank,

I'm not disagreeing with the way this transfer window feels likely to end, but...

The way we went around our business for the first few months, quietly, efficiently, and from the basis of the four signings so far, successfully, does imply to me that there is a much more structured approach to the window this year when compared to last. Vipotnik was the fourth player in a row that we signed out of nowhere, highlighting that we must be doing some things correctly to keep things under wraps before their confirmed.

I'm not a Watson/Coleman-apologist, but they made the case to be judged from January of last year. Ronald has been a great success, and although it's too early to call on the newbies, at least three of the four have signed to great optimism from fans and journos.

I hope desperately that the reason for this quiet period is that we're waiting to announce another two signings in the next few days, but it's starting to not feel likely anymore.
Fair post that (y)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back