• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports in France this evening say that the Swans are closing in on a move for Thomas Henry, a striker formerly of Nantes. Henry scored 21 goals in 31 appearances and was the second leading scorer in the Belgian League last season and was targetted by the Swans as the ideal replacement for Andre Ayew....

Read more

Would be surprised at this. He's a big lad who appears to be a strong one up top type player with pretty good feet and solid in the air. Bit like Ivan Toney I suppose. Would be amazed if he didn't go to a higher level club.

Can’t see us spending the sort of money this transfer would need... would love it to happen, but can’t see it.

Magic_Michu said:
Can’t see us spending the sort of money this transfer would need... would love it to happen, but can’t see it.

I assumed he would be a Premier League signing if we got promoted so shocked to see us linked now, he’s rated 3M on transfer market.

3 million is relatively small potatoes in this division and we all know that attacking talent costs money. I could see that kind of outlay being dished out, especially without Ayew on the books costing us 80k per week and with the anticipation of some money being recouped through selling 1 or 2 of our more valuable assets which are all in defence.

Sounds like an excellent signing.
£3 million seems more than the club will spend on three players, let alone one.
Even with Ayew and all the others off the books and possible sale of two or three players, I can't see it.
Plus the uncertainty with the managerial position means any signings are a risk if new manager doesn't use them ?
I really hope I am wrong and that we can get this and some other transfers sorted

STID2017 said:
Even with Ayew and all the others off the books and possible sale of two or three players, I can't see it.
Plus the uncertainty with the managerial position means any signings are a risk if new manager doesn't use them ?
I really hope I am wrong and that we can get this and some other transfers sorted
To be fair we spent 2.5M on Celina and 500K on Barrie McKay, 500K on John and 2M on Asoro in Potters reign, all of which failed miserably.

Us paying David N'gog 40k a week still keeps me awake at night.

Swansea93 said:
To be fair we spent 2.5M on Celina and 500K on Barrie McKay, 500K on John and 2M on Asoro in Potters reign, all of which failed miserably.

Celina was excellent under Potter. It's Cooper who had no use for him. Even then we at least got our money back.

STID2017 said:
if the new manager doesn't use them? The guy is a proper centre forward, something we haven't had for the whole season, so who else is the new manager going to use?

Magic_Michu said:

Unless of course they are planning to sell Roberts and cabango
I would think it would take 8 - 10 million to buy him
Probably won't happen

Swansea93 said:
STID2017 said:

Celina was worth more than we paid at the end of Potter’s season.

Cooper didn’t know how to use his talents and his value declined.

J_B said:
Swansea93 said:

Celina was worth more than we paid at the end of Potter’s season.

Cooper didn’t know how to use his talents and his value declined.

Would have been far more comfortable and certainly more effective in the role Hourihane found himself in

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back