• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

Neath_Jack said:
A4Jack said:
The same Buendia who's at his highest value now of £19.5m on the very same website you quoted yet is going for 55% more plus substantial add ons.

What's an extra 55% on £4.5m? Pretty much the £8-10m I suggested. It's small money these days, not like when we were being offered £1.8m from Derby for Bodde you know.

But no doubt you'll come back and say it's laughable again. You didn't rate him, I get it. I did.

Buendia is a special player, Celina was average. Which has been proven in the lack of a tidy team wanting to pay millions and millions for him.

Carry on making exaggerated valuations, and you will continue to be disappointed.

Have a pleasant evening.

I don't think anyone's comparing the two. They're just using Buendia to prove that transfermarkt isn't the source of indisputable information you seem to believe it is. Celina was decent under Potter even if the disinterested incarnation of him we saw under Cooper makes that hard to remember.

I'm not going to suggest a value for him under Potter as I'm not really interested in participating in an argument that cannot be proved either way.

That is probably the first time I've ever clocked on the site. I googled Celinas name to see where the outlandish valuation had come from, and that was one of the sites that came up.

I've little interest in the value of players either, hence my wishing the other chap a pleasant evening, as I will now do with you as well.

Cannot sign this player under the new work permit laws post Brexit. He would not pass the required criteria. He’s not an international and he has not played in one of the top 5 leagues in the 3 of the last 5 years.

RWPower10 said:
Cannot sign this player under the new work permit laws post Brexit. He would not pass the required criteria. He’s not an international and he has not played in one of the top 5 leagues in the 3 of the last 5 years.

Well either you're wrong, or the club AND the press have made the biggest booboo in the history of Swansea City!

RWPower10 said:

10 points for appearing in a match day squad in second band of football.
10 points for playing 90%-100% of games
Henry has 20 points of 15 required
And he satisfies the Patel criteria (that would have kept her parents out of the UK)

This one has been lingering enough in the papers that I am starting to hope there is some real substance behind it.
We haven't had a 20+ a season goalscorer (outside of the half a season loan for Brewster) since before we got relegated.

bakajack said:
We haven't had a 20+ a season goalscorer (outside of the half a season loan for Brewster) since before we got relegated.

And the 24 goals McBurnie scored in 18/19.

If we get this signing over the line (and that is a BIG if) then I think we will see our shape change quite significantly compared to last season. Obviously this is early days but based on current squad I think our best lineup would be something like:

------------------------- Benda --------------------------
---- Latibaudiere --- Bennett ----- Cabango---------
Roberts-----------------------------------------Manning
------------------------ Grimes --------------------------
--- Right Wing--- Attacking Midfielder --- Lowe ---
------------------------- Henry --------------------------

Could Whittaker or Garrick fill that right wing role? I think either of them could if we play front foot football which of course is always the big question we have right now when it comes to Cooper

Dr. Winston said:
bakajack said:

And the 24 goals McBurnie scored in 18/19.

True I forgot about McBurnie's efforts

bakajack said:
If we get this signing over the line (and that is a BIG if) then I think we will see our shape change quite significantly compared to last season. Obviously this is early days but based on current squad I think our best lineup would be something like:

------------------------- Benda ----------------u----------

Could Whittaker or Garrick fill that right wing role? I think either of them could if we play front foot football which of course is always the big question we have right now when it comes to Cooper

That's definitely the sort of shape most of us would be looking for. Not sure I'd trust the current staff to be able to coach it tho as it requires a lot of pace, movement and balls. None of the things we have seen so far.

bakajack said:

------------------ Benda --------------------------
----Ampadu --- Bennett----- Cabango---------
Roberts-----------------------------------------Neco Williams
--- Carlos Gomes--- Mowatt/Gibbs White --- Lowe ---
------------------------- Henry --------------------

Actually took the time to check out his youtube highlights, for a big man he has good movement and an excellent first touch. Doesn't seem the quickest pace wise but has that knack for finding half a yard of space that all good strikers have and is great at linking up his team mates.

Swansea93 said:
bakajack said:

------------------ Benda --------------------------
----Ampadu --- Bennett----- Cabango---------
Roberts-----------------------------------------Neco Williams
--- Carlos Gomes--- Mowatt/Gibbs White --- Lowe ---
------------------------- Henry --------------------

That’s a hideously weak midfield. Have we actually been linked with Mowatt??

Benda

Naughton. Cabango Bennett neco/manning

Grimes/NEW Smith

Carlos mendes NEW Lowe

Henry

Kyle Joseph
Latib
Routs
Fulton
Bidwell

All on bench plus some loans and we’ll be good.

Loans:
Delap
Harvey Elliott (dreaming)

Not bad at all if you ask me. Cretins saying the usual we will struggle next season bla bla bla can do one

Well apparently Thomas Henry will cost some money so things are not even close to being done. Who does the groundwork on these players? I mean how can we be interested and not have any funds to pay for him? What is the point in identifying such players? So sad that we can’t get these done.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back