• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

Celina was arguably worth £8-10m before Cooper arrived.

F*ck me, Celina walks on water now :lol: :lol:

Any stick to beat Cooper with I suppose.

Neath_Jack said:

Whatever stick you're suggesting, it doesn't change that after two good seasons at Championship level that's what he's worth. I'm not about to suggest he was poorly utilised, confidence drained and played in positions which he wasn't suited.

But others may...

Donkonky said:
Maybe Coopers buy out fee will fund this transfer.

I'd rather Cooper's buy out fee was used to pay for a decent replacement manager. One who's braver and likes to attack with pace.

Bluenile said:
Donkonky said:
Maybe Coopers buy out fee will fund this transfer.

I'd rather Cooper's buy out fee was used to pay for a decent replacement manager. One who's braver and likes to attack with pace.

We don't have any players with pace :mrgreen:

A4Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

Whatever stick you're suggesting, it doesn't change that after two good seasons at Championship level that's what he's worth. I'm not about to suggest he was poorly utilised, confidence drained and played in positions which he wasn't suited.

But others may...

He was never worth anything near those figures, apart from some delusional fans. He was okay for the most part, with glimpses of being a decent player.

Neath_Jack said:
A4Jack said:

But others may...

He was never worth anything near those figures, apart from some delusional fans. He was okay for the most part, with glimpses of being a decent player.

In a division where James Maddison went for £25m (yes different level obviously), Buendia being quoted for £30m, and Sarr at £50m, I don't think £8-10m for Celina who either got double figures or close to for two seasons is being delusional.

He was early 20's too

A4Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

In a division where James Maddison went for £25m (yes different level obviously), Buendia being quoted for £30m, and Sarr at £50m, I don't think £8-10m for Celina who either got double figures or close to for two seasons is being delusional.

He was early 20's too

According to transfermarkt website, his highest ever market value was £4.5m, half of what you reckoned.

Our fans have a weird habit of over valuing our players all the time. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

And you can make as many comparisons to far better players than Celina will ever be, it still makes your valuation laughable.

Neath_Jack said:
A4Jack said:

He was early 20's too

According to transfermarkt website, his highest ever market value was £4.5m, half of what you reckoned.

Our fans have a weird habit of over valuing our players all the time. They are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

And you can make as many comparisons to far better players than Celina will ever be, it still makes your valuation laughable.

The same Buendia who's at his highest value now of £19.5m on the very same website you quoted yet is going for 55% more plus substantial add ons.

What's an extra 55% on £4.5m? Pretty much the £8-10m I suggested. It's small money these days, not like when we were being offered £1.8m from Derby for Bodde you know.

But no doubt you'll come back and say it's laughable again. You didn't rate him, I get it. I did.

Neath_Jack said:
A4Jack said:

He was early 20's too

Does transfermarkt ever get players valuations anywhere close to what they actually sell for? It was my understanding that they woefully underestimate what clubs will pay.

Just checked Emi Buendia's page for example. They say he's worth £19.8m, when Aston Villa are supposed to be close to finalising a transfer for £33m rising to £38m.

Another season like his first under Potter and someone would have paid way more than £4.5m for him, whether he was 'worth' it or not.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

Does transfermarkt ever get players valuations anywhere close to what they actually sell for? It was my understanding that they woefully underestimate what clubs will pay.

Just checked Emi Buendia's page for example. They say he's worth £19.8m, when Aston Villa are supposed to be close to finalising a transfer for £33m rising to £38m.

Another season like his first under Potter and someone would have paid way more than £4.5m for him, whether he was 'worth' it or not.

Word for word same as me, spot on

A4Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

The same Buendia who's at his highest value now of £19.5m on the very same website you quoted yet is going for 55% more plus substantial add ons.

What's an extra 55% on £4.5m? Pretty much the £8-10m I suggested. It's small money these days, not like when we were being offered £1.8m from Derby for Bodde you know.

But no doubt you'll come back and say it's laughable again. You didn't rate him, I get it. I did.

Buendia is a special player, Celina was average. Which has been proven in the lack of a tidy team wanting to pay millions and millions for him.

Carry on making exaggerated valuations, and you will continue to be disappointed.

Have a pleasant evening.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

I've no idea if it is or not, I'm not the type to get hung up about stats to be honest.

As i said to the other chap, Celina is in no way comparable to Buendia.

If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle.

Neath_Jack said:
A4Jack said:

Buendia is a special player, Celina was average. Which has been proven in the lack of a tidy team wanting to pay millions and millions for him.

Carry on making exaggerated valuations, and you will continue to be disappointed.

Have a pleasant evening.

Did you think McBurnie was worth £18m?

JackSomething said:

Yep.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back