• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SwansTV matchday coverage

As with most things at our club we try and do things on the cheap and end up doing it badly.

Having a commentator for away games who is sat in a room hundreds of miles away watching the game on a TV screen is never going to make for good commentary. And as nice a person as A O'C is he isnt a commentator to make the game at all sound interesting - indeed he spends more than a quarter of the game throwing around stats in the same way that Russell Martin used to do.

For home games the effect is just as dire. I couldnt make yesterdays game but watched the Stoke stream ahead of our own as I have started to prefer to do as the opposition largely tend to provide proper commentators.

SwansTV has become a bit of a joke over the years and doesnt get any better. It follows a general feel in the management of the club under the charlatans that bought it 8 years ago

The product is awful Phil.

We used to get a pre-match show with a host and 2 pundits, usually an ex-Swan, plus the half-time show.

Then they cut the pundits and pre/HT shows.

Then this year they've cut down to 1 commentator - with nothing at HT except for silence and the stats.

If the actual stream is now the feature, at least get the picture/sound sync'd up.

All this while costs increase. It's a joke.

So, I've complained on two occasions (Norwich and Stoke)

This was the "human" response to the Norwich email:

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate your input and have forwarded your comments to our development team. Your insights are invaluable as we continue to grow and enhance our services.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further concerns or suggestions we ca

We're here to help.

Kind regards,

Swans TV Live

And this was the "human" response to the Stoke email:

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate your input and have forwarded your comments to our development team. Your insights are invaluable as we continue to grow and enhance our services.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further concerns or suggestions we ca

We're here to help.

Kind regards,
Swans TV Live

What do you notice? Yes that's correct - the text is exactly the same. Even down to the truncated text in the bolded sentence (I bolded these lines)!

So my conclusion is that Kai Bron (the "human" responder) isn't taking this seriously at all.

As Phil has stated, the other side's stream is usually spot on, and most have a half-time feed into a studio with a couple of pundits to discuss the first half. Chalk and cheese...

Received a fob-off, I mean reply. Half of which is the same as Ploppy’s with the truncated line 🙄 ( maybe the completed line is supposed to read, “Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further concerns or suggestions we caN IGNORE”

Not sure how many years a technical issue can be investigated without finding the fault and fixing it mind.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our product.

Due to a technical issue we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve this.

I can assure you that all parties involved are working hard to rectify this problem as the highest priority. We hope to have a resolution ASAP.

We're here to help.

Thank you for your patience whilst we solve the problem.

I have been speaking with Swans TV support for the last week in relation to the audio issues . This is what I got:

1. Emailed Marketing - They deny there is an issue

2. I contacted the streaming service - They said they would speak with the Audio team as they was aware of the issue

3. Come match day last Saturday - Issue was still there.

4. Reported Issue on the day - Got 1 reply and that was to change my browser. Which was a joke as they told me to report the issue on match day if it happens.

5. Sent a complaint on Sunday to both marketing and stream.

6. Monday morning I got a reply saying they have reported it to the internal team. And I have also spoken with marketing and they are speaking with the stream service.

Sorry if that was an epic read all, but I wanted to share my experience as its like the blind leading the blind with them. I even sent them proof that their video replay on YouTube shows it's behind a few seconds.

I would encourage anyone wanting to complain to do so via swanstvlive@streamamg.com and marketing@swanseacity.com

When you get an automatic email reply with the stream service, make sure to reply to that message and resend your enquiry. As they will not look at the first email.

I'm not the modern Victor Meldiew lol. Just want a service that works and share my experience.

Received a fob-off, I mean reply. Half of which is the same as Ploppy’s with the truncated line 🙄 ( maybe the completed line is supposed to read, “Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further concerns or suggestions we caN IGNORE”

Not sure how many years a technical issue can be investigated without finding the fault and fixing it mind.

I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our product.

Due to a technical issue we are currently investigating and working hard to resolve this.

I can assure you that all parties involved are working hard to rectify this problem as the highest priority. We hope to have a resolution ASAP.

We're here to help.

Thank you for your patience whilst we solve the problem.
I have been speaking with Swans TV support for the last week in relation to the audio issues . This is what I got:

1. Emailed Marketing - They deny there is an issue

2. I contacted the streaming service - They said they would speak with the Audio team as they was aware of the issue

3. Come match day last Saturday - Issue was still there.

4. Reported Issue on the day - Got 1 reply and that was to change my browser. Which was a joke as they told me to report the issue on match day if it happens.

5. Sent a complaint on Sunday to both marketing and stream.

6. Monday morning I got a reply saying they have reported it to the internal team. And I have also spoken with marketing and they are speaking with the stream service.

Sorry if that was an epic read all, but I wanted to share my experience as its like the blind leading the blind with them. I even sent them proof that their video replay on YouTube shows it's behind a few seconds.

I would encourage anyone wanting to complain to do so via swanstvlive@streamamg.com and marketing@swanseacity.com

When you get an automatic email reply with the stream service, make sure to reply to that message and resend your enquiry. As they will not look at the first email.

I'm not the modern Victor Meldiew lol. Just want a service that works and share my experience.

So, I've complained on two occasions (Norwich and Stoke)

This was the "human" response to the Norwich email:

We're here to help.

Kind regards,

Swans TV Live

And this was the "human" response to the Stoke email:

We're here to help.

Kind regards,
Swans TV Live

What do you notice? Yes that's correct - the text is exactly the same. Even down to the truncated text in the bolded sentence (I bolded these lines)!

So my conclusion is that Kai Bron (the "human" responder) isn't taking this seriously at all.
Hey. I spoke with this Kai. Got 1 response. Which was like I was having a seperate conversation. But I have been able to get some insight into what's happening. Well who has spoken to Whom. My ongoing conversations with them is and as brief overview this is some of my conversations below :

Thursday 3rd October:

I have looked into this for you and spoke with our Ops team who handle all the feeds for the service.

We genuinely appreciate your input and have forwarded your comments to our development team. Your insights are invaluable as we continue to grow and enhance our services.

This an issue we do know about from the audio supplier, we are working with them to get this resolved and synced from the kick-off but if you notice it and it's still doing it we advise you to report it to us straight away, we can then report it to the audio supplier for them to resolve.

Monday 7th October:

Hi,

This is more for our internal team to handle and they aren't front-facing but we have told them about the issue you have reported.

I can assure you they will be looking into this as a matter of urgency

Also, f**k me, can we get this sound/picture delay sorted - how hard can it be FFS. I've been hearing what has happened about 1-2 seconds before I see it for over a year now

Also, f**k me, can we get this sound/picture delay sorted - how hard can it be FFS. I've been hearing what has happened about 1-2 seconds before I see it for over a year now.
Hey. I have spoken with marketing team and the streaming service and they now admit after a number of attempts there is an issue and they have spoken with Audio team. The problem is it was worse on Saturday. So spoke to them again and they are looking into it. I'll keep everyone posted on this. It's defo worth as many people possible to complain. And make sure to reply to the automated email with the same content as they have told me this is the only way they will reply. Hope that helps.

Hey. I have spoken with marketing team and the streaming service and they now admit after a number of attempts there is an issue and they have spoken with Audio team. The problem is it was worse on Saturday. So spoke to them again and they are looking into it. I'll keep everyone posted on this. It's defo worth as many people possible to complain. And make sure to reply to the automated email with the same content as they have told me this is the only way they will reply. Hope that helps.
Good work. Unfortunately, it sounds to me like they don't have a clue. This has been happening for years, so you'd think they'd have sorted it by now.

BTW, I also complained about the audio from the pitch - there was crowd noise but barely anything from the pitch itself (I hear the odd ref's whistle but not always). In Saturday's game I couldn't hear players kicking the ball. I just compared the audio from the Bristol game and the Stoke game. Admittedly, the Bristol highlights are from Sky's broadcast and you can clearly hear the ball being kicked. In the Stoke game (and other home games before it) it seems like the players are playing in slippers with a Nerf ball - barely any sound and what there is (like long goal kicks) is slightly behind the video - ironically. Not sure if there are any pitchside mics - those fluffy ones. I don't see any.

Good work. Unfortunately, it sounds to me like they don't have a clue. This has been happening for years, so you'd think they'd have sorted it by now.

BTW, I also complained about the audio from the pitch - there was crowd noise but barely anything from the pitch itself (I hear the odd ref's whistle but not always). In Saturday's game I couldn't hear players kicking the ball. I just compared the audio from the Bristol game and the Stoke game. Admittedly, the Bristol highlights are from Sky's broadcast and you can clearly hear the ball being kicked. In the Stoke game (and other home games before it) it seems like the players are playing in slippers with a Nerf ball - barely any sound and what there is (like long goal kicks) is slightly behind the video - ironically. Not sure if there are any pitchside mics - those fluffy ones. I don't see any.
No worries mate. I noticed the audio with the pitch too, but for me the out of sync has been doing my head in for ages. It seems it's an issue at home games and not away games. That tells me that the commentator is watching the same stream as viewers and that's why it's better. While at home, he is watching it in person. Again no idea why this happens, but it's a joke. While I am in the moaning mood, you got to love how they put the stream on the site nearly five minutes before match.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back