• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tomas Watkins Taffy Apple Cider

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Love it occasionally, been boiling today and I suddenly fancied a few so asked her indoors if she could get me a couple of bottles, they're sitting in the fridge chilling now.

Anyone else enjoy Taffy Apple Cider ?

No.
My 'go to' drink in the heat here is gin & tonic. A goldfish bowl glass, generous dash of gin, two massive ice cubes, slice of lemon from freezer and whole can of Lidl tonic from the fridge.
Have been experimenting with Lidl's strawberry gin lately, accompanied by strawberry tonic and sliced strawberry. Luverly.

Pegojack said:
No.
My 'go to' drink in the heat here is gin & tonic. A goldfish bowl glass, generous dash of gin, two massive ice cubes, slice of lemon from freezer and whole can of Lidl tonic from the fridge.
Have been experimenting with Lidl's strawberry gin lately, accompanied by strawberry tonic and sliced strawberry. Luverly.

You've gone posh as fuk since living out there in all that sunshine sea and sand, aren't you missing the River Wye and especially the Barrels ? :D

Max, is it 2007 or what mun???!!! It's 6% and creeps up on you.
Having said that cider especially Rosé cider in boiling weather is magnificent!

Enjoy Max and glad to hear you have recovered so quickly from your death bed

Gwynt y Ddraig from Llantwit Fardre make excellent cider. Black Dragon sold in Tesco and even better the oak-aged Old Crow. Dunkerton’s Black Fox excellent too. Quite enjoy Weston’s Vintage too. The milk of amnesia.

Aspells premier cru.

If not available, flaggon of Asda gutrot. I'm from Caeriethin.

dickythorpe said:
Max, is it 2007 or what mun???!!! It's 6% and creeps up on you.
Having said that cider especially Rosé cider in boiling weather is magnificent!

Enjoy Max and glad to hear you have recovered so quickly from your death bed

Death bed?
You’d have to cut his head off to stop him drinking. :lol:

Now cider is a drink of the west- Asturias and Gallicia, Brittany and Normandy and mainly so in the Uk.

I very much like proper French ciders.
Some years ago we had a week in a gite attached to a Breton farmhouse. The old boy who owned the place sat me, the wife and our then toddler down for a cold drink when we arrived. I went for the home brewed cider. An.
hour later my body was in Brittany but my mind on the moon. He gave me another bottle later in the week.
Same effect. Gorgeous stuff but absolutely lethal

Niigata Jack said:
Pegojack said:
No.

You've gone posh as fuk since living out there in all that sunshine sea and sand, aren't you missing the River Wye and especially the Barrels ? :D

Yes, I do miss a pint of Stowford Press in the Barrels....

Very nice cider. Many good out there too:
Aspells
Savannah Dry
Stowfords
Inches
Henry Weston Vintage 8.2% (yikes)
Gwynt y Ddraig

Will never drink as ale, bitter or beer. Awful

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online