• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Transfer window

It's the January window.
It will be a new name in a few days. The closer to the end of the window, the more intense it gets.

Lots of names, lots of rumours.
Yeah, but it's usually transfer deadline day
A proper CB is a massive, massive priority.

The reason Grimes has to drop SO deep is not just because he has the responsibility as captain to shore it up - it's because he has minimal confidence in the entire back line since Martinball's messy, shaky (😉) defence.

What Luke injected at half time was the belief and ability for Grimes to let go the shackles of being our mainstay, our rock at the heart of our defensive set.

And we grew, we punched above our weight against Prem league players - with Grimes calling the shots.
When has Grimes called the shots.. it took 3 managers to work out that Grimes was useless at set piece delivery..

Don’t expect many signings , if any.. :roll:
Don't blame them, we're going nowhere this season.. they'll probably put in two ok performances and win about 4-6 games, we'll end up 17th and we'll spend more millions in the summer, and the whole process starts again.. and we'll probably finish 10th..

Starting to heat up on twitter.
Likely due to people reading it on here.

Have to give credit to Newquay/AC on this one......didnt believe it when he first posted it but there is certainly a possibility with this one.
After Oli's heroics on Sunday, hearing it's now looking more likely to be postponed to the summer.
Dave ja vu, last Jan window when the same happened.

Coleman really hasn't helped this window with the "boots to the ground, we're prepared to sign players etc"

Going to look very foolish if we sign no one and not very popular in the ground I would imagine?

Coleman really hasn't helped this window with the "boots to the ground, we're prepared to sign players etc"

Going to look very foolish if we sign no one and not very popular in the ground I would imagine?
Coleman said that because he was up against the wall.
A non existent window last January, a very poor summer recruitment with players and the manager coupled with the parting of ways with Duff.
We have had a poor season.
Will be another bullet point to add to a very long list if they fail, blown up more because they were the ones who have built the expectation up in the first place.

Coleman said that because he was up against the wall.
A non existent window last January, a very poor summer recruitment with players and the manager coupled with the parting of ways with Duff.
We have had a poor season.
Will be another bullet point to add to a very long list if they fail, blown up more because they were the ones who have built the expectation up in the first place.

I don't buy the "against the wall" comment if I am honest. Coleman is an experienced business man who would know better than that.

Coleman says what he thinks people want to hear. There is a reason why he likes to add "I will be in the fanzone on Saturday" and similar lines because he knows that people will buy it.

We all remember Birch "buying the beers" at an away game when he was here. Beers claimed back on expenses no doubt but it curried him massive favour. Coleman thinks that this will do the same.

He said what he said because he wanted people to believe it but this window just proves what we already knew - he is in charge in name only, others remain to pull the strings. Same as it always was. Same as it always will be.

The people sent here on the ground floor level are the ones sent to try and keep the Trust on side (throw them the odd biscuit) and try and get the fans on side. Pearlman tried. And failed. Silverstein tried. And failed.

And the people that they didnt sent over (Birch, Winter) basically never had a chance as they were going to be given even less free reign.

But its OK as a fans survey decided that we needed Max Boyce on full volume prior to kick off to "feel more Welsh" Nice work by the organisation set up for club governance oversight...

I don't buy the "against the wall" comment if I am honest. Coleman is an experienced business man who would know better than that.

Coleman says what he thinks people want to hear. There is a reason why he likes to add "I will be in the fanzone on Saturday" and similar lines because he knows that people will buy it.

We all remember Birch "buying the beers" at an away game when he was here. Beers claimed back on expenses no doubt but it curried him massive favour. Coleman thinks that this will do the same.

He said what he said because he wanted people to believe it but this window just proves what we already knew - he is in charge in name only, others remain to pull the strings. Same as it always was. Same as it always will be.

The people sent here on the ground floor level are the ones sent to try and keep the Trust on side (throw them the odd biscuit) and try and get the fans on side. Pearlman tried. And failed. Silverstein tried. And failed.

And the people that they didnt sent over (Birch, Winter) basically never had a chance as they were going to be given even less free reign.

But its OK as a fans survey decided that we needed Max Boyce on full volume prior to kick off to "feel more Welsh" Nice work by the organisation set up for club governance oversight...

It's the hope that things will finally change, but there has been no indication that it will.

As you've pointed out the words are used time and time again.

The only very slight hope I have is that LW will have been given promises that will be kept for strengthening the team this week.

I don't want to hear we tried and tried but couldn't get what we wanted, as that would only mean that they still don't understand the negotiations, and games, played during transfers.

The last thing we need are panic buys to save idiots' face.

I don't see the summer as a disaster really. Ginelly and Key look good and at the time, no one was particularly against Tymon or, especially, Yates. Pederson was always cover, and he'd be ok at that in his proper position probably. Tymon might still come good. I have no hope for Yates. All signings will never come off. For every Michu theres a Pawel Abbott.

I realise Daps and twatter would explode, but I'd rather we left everything until the summer now to be honest. There really is no value in the January market unless you get in early and are very lucky.

I'd see it as a success if we just shipped dross out...no names, but a few gone wood be nice.

no one was particularly against Tymon
I find the Swans view on Tymon quite strange, he's probably been our best player over the last month or so. I know that isn't huge praise, but he's a really good attacking fullback who offers us a lot despite how much he struggles defensively. In a side that enormously lacks creativity, he's a welcome addition imo

The last thing we need are panic buys to save idiots' face.

I don't see the summer as a disaster really. Ginelly and Key look good and at the time, no one was particularly against Tymon or, especially, Yates. Pederson was always cover, and he'd be ok at that in his proper position probably. Tymon might still come good. I have no hope for Yates. All signings will never come off. For every Michu theres a Pawel Abbott.

I realise Daps and twatter would explode, but I'd rather we left everything until the summer now to be honest. There really is no value in the January market unless you get in early and are very lucky.

I'd see it as a success if we just shipped dross out...no names, but a few gone wood be nice.
Considering where we are in the table and have a new manager I'd agree that we should try and persist with what we spent on in the last window and giving some youngsters a chance and if Coleman (and Williams) explained this, I'm sure the majority of the fanbase would understand and be supportive. Especially if he added that if opportunities arise to improve the squad and it presents value for money however, they will look at adding those players.

But Coleman via his bombastic corporate spiel again have giving false hope, false promises/ downright lies yet again.

What I can't work is whether Williams actually has been told and believes there'll be lots of movement ('frenzy') or is he already sending coded messages to the ownership via the press of what he'd like in reality?

I tend to agree with Chief's and Mon's posts. January is a tough window to get business done and Coleman really dropped a b*llock by making the comments he did, would prefer honesty, something like if a player is there, we'll go for it, but won't be forced into overspending and all that stuff. I'm certain fans on the whole would appreciate that more.

Problem he has now is he has made the promise, I'd imagine there will be a few waiting for January to be over on whether they renew etc, next year will see some really, really poor crowds.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back