• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Williams out

There's also assumption we have a manager that know what he's doing at this level.

We all know what happens when we assume.
Indeed.
Let’s not assume that the present ownership is capable of appointing anyone better mind. That would be a crazy assumption.

We’re deep in shit whichever way we look at it.

That involves the very fanciful assumption that there is more to get out of this squad. We've probably got the worst pool of strikers and wingers in the division. Even Pep Guardiola would struggle to eke goals out of that lot.

Be very careful what you wish for. At the moment, we are at least not conceding a shedful of goals. When a team is generally solid it always gives you something to build on and means you are in decent shape to maybe nick the odd narrow win.

That's probably our best chance of winning games between now and January, that's the reality.
So adapt the tactics so we aren't reliant on the wingers to create chances, try something different. As it is, we're watching the same thing every game and it isn't working.

We're not conceding because Vigouroux has been our best player so far this season, the opposition are still having plenty of shots and chances so it's not some tactical masterstroke that's led to our decent defensive record so far. That's not a sustainable way to get through an entire season.

We've only conceded 7 goals in 10 games, yet we've only got 12 points from the 30 that were available. It's all well and good not conceding at the moment, the manager needs to change the way the team attacks so we can have more than just a couple of goalscoring chances per game because that puts all the pressure on the striker to take the only chance they might get

Indeed.
Let’s not assume that the present ownership is capable of appointing anyone better mind. That would be a crazy assumption.

We’re deep in shit whichever way we look at it.
I'm not for one minute calling for Williams to be sacked. What I am questioning is his ability to perform at this level.

Just because we have crap owners shouldn't give the manager a free ride because he's nice, fist pumps on the odd occasion we win and likes a pint on Wind Street.

The only difference between Williams and Duff are their personalities.

So adapt the tactics so we aren't reliant on the wingers to create chances, try something different. As it is, we're watching the same thing every game and it isn't working.

We're not conceding because Vigouroux has been our best player so far this season, the opposition are still having plenty of shots and chances so it's not some tactical masterstroke that's led to our decent defensive record so far. That's not a sustainable way to get through an entire season.

We've only conceded 7 goals in 10 games, yet we've only got 12 points from the 30 that were available. It's all well and good not conceding at the moment, the manager needs to change the way the team attacks so we can have more than just a couple of goalscoring chances per game because that puts all the pressure on the striker to take the only chance they might get
Great point about the keeper. 👏🏼

He's getting way with things with a certain section of the fanbase because he's a nice guy ( I like the guy and really want him to do well with us). The same that Martin managed to do with a lot of supporters.

It's the cult of the fist pumps.
It's in all our interests that he succeeds and I can't understand why anyone would think differently, but objectively (these particular stats actually don't lie as we've seen it on the pitch with our own eyes) his record is pretty poor. He hasn't been dealt the best hand by any means, and that's an understatement, but he's playing it very poorly again, and again, and again.

He needs to learn and change and stop trying to bluster and bullshit all the time. The results will define you Luke. You need to try something different to get them. It's unlikely, if not impossible, to happen magically by more of the same. It's been a long long time of churning out crap on the pitch with the odd uptick when you, and they, seem to be arsed.

Just to qualify, I'm not "Williams out" (yet) but, if we're able to criticise the performance levels of the likes of Ronald, then it is only reasonable to discuss whether Williams could/should also be performing better than he is and has been since he arrived

It's in all our interests that he succeeds and I can't understand why anyone would think differently, but objectively (these particular stats actually don't lie as we've seen it on the pitch with our own eyes) his record is pretty poor. He hasn't been dealt the best hand by any means, and that's an understatement, but he's playing it very poorly again, and again, and again.

He needs to learn and change and stop trying to bluster and bullshit all the time. The results will define you Luke. You need to try something different to get them. It's unlikely, if not impossible, to happen magically by more of the same. It's been a long long time of churning out crap on the pitch with the odd uptick when you, and they, seem to be arsed.

I get the impression that if you question the manager and his tactics it means you want him gone with certain supporters.

They seem to be blinkered when it comes to their short comings and will blindly support them no matter what.

Elsewhere on the internet there seems to be one or two who revel in the misery of us losing and have done with the majority of our managers.

I'm not for one minute calling for Williams to be sacked. What I am questioning is his ability to perform at this level.

Just because we have crap owners shouldn't give the manager a free ride because he's nice, fist pumps on the odd occasion we win and likes a pint on Wind Street.

The only difference between Williams and Duff are their personalities.
And the fact that Duff won five games out of 7 including 4 in a row and was sacked 5 games later....and no, I don't want him back.

Just to qualify, I'm not "Williams out" (yet) but, if we're able to criticise the performance levels of the likes of Ronald, then it is only reasonable to discuss whether Williams could/should also be performing better than he is and has been since he arrived
We should absolutely be able to aim criticism at the manager.
What we're doing and have done for the majority of the season is play slow, ponderous football which creates very little.
Its not working. So it's up to him to find an alternative.

Let's not get carried away here and let's get some perspective into the picture here. I think we will limp to January and we need to hope, pray and keep everything crossed that the men in control actually bring in a Striker, left winger and I even think now a no 10 who can chip in with goals.
Squad is thin and especially so in the area that we are struggling and that's up top.........we have been left far too short and regardless who is in charge is going to find it difficult to get a tune out of what we have in hand.

Club is a shit show and chopping another manager isn't going to solve the problems.
Not convinced it's as simple as getting a striker in. You could stick Haaland up top and he ain't scoring many with that service. We haven't missed many sitters in this recent run of matches. The MPH chance up at Sheffield Utd appart, obvs. Blaming the recent run of matches on the strikers is akin to a team shipping goals by the dozen laying the blame squarely at the door of the keeper. Build up is there, that's the easy bit, but the all important key pass to unlock the defence simply isn't there. Whilst the strikers are obviously lacking, Williams and his mid-field need to take their share of the blame for this lack of goals. If you're not creating enough clear cut chances, you simply aren't going to score on a regular basis.

As it is, we're watching the same thing every game and it isn't working.
After ten games our record is:

3-3-4

Aka 60% of our matches so far it has either worked, or has partly worked to the extent we've not got beaten.

The margins are fine at the moment. The sample size is small. You can't definitively say it isn't working any more than I can say it definitely is.

What I can't get on board with is that all this equates to being as bad as, or only slightly better than, Duff.

At the very least, Williams has us organised as a defensive unit. That was completely non existent under Sgt Major Calamity Duff, except with him we also had the same issues up top (shot shy and goal shy). It's nonsense to conflate the two, people who think it's "the same" either have very short memories or they don't truly understand what it is they're watching.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back