• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 2022/23 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Bristol City | The EFL Championship | 19.03.23

What will the result be against Bristol City?

• Swans win

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Bristol City win

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s a relief.
It sees the same overreaction as when we get stuffed .
Fans turning on each other.
Those who see themselves as super fans gorging right now ,as is Russy and that very public show after the game .
Very clever Russ.
Brilliant in fact .

Meanwhile,this season,with some decent players ,we go nowhere .

We have been dire,today we weren’t .

Enjoy the win because it’s what it’s all about

StoneColdjack said:
We weren't great against Millwall, Millwall were the better side, if Bristol had their pen we would have collapsed and lost, so we got lucky. I can understand why people are relived because we finally won, but me, I just don't care anymore

I didn't say we were great against Millwall, I said it was an improved performance up there, and today was another improvement. That's all we fans can ask for.

Mount St Helens said:
It’s a relief.
It sees the same overreaction as when we get stuffed .
Fans turning on each other.
Those who see themselves as super fans gorging right now ,as is Russy and that very public show after the game .
Very clever Russ.
Brilliant in fact .

Meanwhile,this season,with some decent players ,we go nowhere .

We have been dire,today we weren’t .

Enjoy the win because it’s what it’s all about

It was more than relief, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Only the silly would say otherwise. Who's the superfans?

Onwards and upwards again.

An improved performance against a team that looked average at best. After the string of bad results and gash performances that was no mean feat, even if the worzels were poor. Good for confidence before the legoland double 😃

Yes, we did deserve that and whoever says we didn’t is being silly.

Make no mistake they were absolutely woeful; but we have been capitulating against woeful recently so it is certainly a relief to finally catch a breath.

Ntcham had a great game and Darling looked more assured than Beurdiere. Hell even Walsh put in a great shift and didn’t get injured.

Anything to build confidence before the game against the unwashed is a positive.

I think the absence of Lati and Sorry Nola (until the last few minutes) made the defence look a tad more solid than normal. Why Bristol City hadn't done their homework on Flipper is a puzzle, though. If I was Pearson, I 'd have told my team to pepper him with shots and crosses at every opportunity. The only serious shot he had to deal with was hit straight at him.

The crowd were behind the team from the start and it was great to see the smiles on supporters leaving the ground after all the misery of previous performances.

Russ got every member of staff into a circle in the middle of the pitch at the end of the game and give some sort of pep talk and while they were in their huddle the crowd were applauding them and singing.

After that he had his pump moment.

Grateful for the win and the 3 points....

Mid table mediocrity it is then this season;

again!

Better than going down obviously, but hardly something to cream your knickers over with excitement...

Yanks , just invest a few meaningful dollars and everything will be forgiven.....(probably :roll: )

Neath_Jack said:
I didn't say we were great against Millwall, I said it was an improved performance up there, and today was another improvement. That's all we fans can ask for.

But it wasn't an improvement

Pegojack said:
I think the absence of Lati and Sorry Nola (until the last few minutes) made the defence look a tad more solid than normal. Why Bristol City hadn't done their homework on Flipper is a puzzle, though. If I was Pearson, I 'd have told my team to pepper him with shots and crosses at every opportunity. The only serious shot he had to deal with was hit straight at him.

They couldn't get the ball off us for the most part, so they couldn't pepper us.

Excellent win, onto the next bunch of bastards.

When we lose it's because we're rubbish.

When we win it's because the opposition are rubbish.

Some of our fans are never happy.

It was a decent win two good goals clean sheet and some very good performances, Ntcham, Walsh, Darling, Cabango and Manning, we were on our feet here when the second went in, just felt the relief in the air :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
It was a decent win two good goals clean sheet and some very good performances, Ntcham, Walsh, Darling, Cabango and Manning, we were on our feet here when the second went in, just felt the relief in the air :lol:

Hopefully that clean sheet would have done wonders for our defence and keeper. Needed that clean sheet as much as we needed the goals.

mrploppy said:
When we lose it's because we're rubbish.

When we win it's because the opposition are rubbish.

Some of our fans are never happy.

It is true though, you have to be shit to lose to us

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back