• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cov 19 Vaccine numbers.

Cooperman said:
KrunchyKarrot said:
I agree looks like it is imminent and will make a big difference. I just wanted to know how many Pfizer vaccinations were being administered in Wales and to whom. I have read the criteria and want to know from Gethin or Dickface the scorecard at present, in case they are doing a wee Burnie reported at Paisley’s Royal Alexandra Hospital.

25,000 administered to date (first shot) is the figure that I read this morning on BBC.
Where? who? why so few what are they doing. The numbers are pathetic.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Cooperman said:
25,000 administered to date (first shot) is the figure that I read this morning on BBC.

UK as a whole is 500k of 66m people: 0.75%
Wales is 25k of 3.1m people: 0.80%

So we’re doing well in relation to the rest of the world.

Cooperman said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Doing well 25k compared to 50k,seriously?. Why are we so slow considering we have the most cases and rising faster than they are letting on.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Cooperman said:

Doing well 25k compared to 50k,seriously?. Why are we so slow considering we have the most cases and rising faster than they are letting on.

Read it again.

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:
Ah right, so you don’t know. That’s ok.
Do you rate a fellow scientist , geneticist Steve Jones ? Or is he another charlatan ?

Also , you don’t seem to know that it’s extremely difficult to get enough vit d from your diet.

Why what has Steve Jones done? Never quite got to the Dawkins level of fame he tried to achieve, but was and is a good scientist. Not been a self-declared expert as not-real Professor Sikora or using PR firms to promote unpublishable science like Henneghan or Gupta. All contemptible. At least John Campbell is honest, even if there are some errors in what he says.

As far as Vitamin D. I said many posts back it was a good idea for many people in Winter. But the over-promotion along with failed treatments deflects from true problems and potential solutions. Vaccination is the best hope here, by far.

You seem very bitter towards some people.
As for vaccines as far as I’m concerned, fit and healthy people don’t need them , only those who’s health is comprised.

What over promotion do you mean

KrunchyKarrot said:
Cooperman said:

The problem is that we have ordered 40 million of the the Pfizer/BioNTech jab made in Belgium and it has to be transported from and stored at -70C which makes logistics very difficult as not everywhere has the capability of storing at -70C. The Oxford/AstraZeneca stuff is expected to be approved "within days", so hopefully early next week and the government has ordered 100 million of them. It is made in the UK and can be stored at normal refrigerator temperatures so it can be shipped more or less everywhere it is needed very quickly indeed and will therefore be a game changer. Everything will speed up then and hopefully it will be more to your satisfaction.

karnataka said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

The problem is that we have ordered 40 million of the the Pfizer/BioNTech jab made in Belgium and it has to be transported from and stored at -70C which makes logistics very difficult as not everywhere has the capability of storing at -70C. The Oxford/AstraZeneca stuff is expected to be approved "within days", so hopefully early next week and the government has ordered 100 million of them. It is made in the UK and can be stored at normal refrigerator temperatures so it can be shipped more or less everywhere it is needed very quickly indeed and will therefore be a game changer. Everything will speed up then and hopefully it will be more to your satisfaction.

I agree with everything you say, i used to work in a lab. We had 4 -80 freezers with backup in case of power loss. When we placed order we knew that storing was an issue so every -80 can store a Pfizer vaccine for 6 months. When removed to say -40 it can last 10 days and -20 5 days. I just want facts as nobody seems to know which makes me suspicious.

Everyone i talked to in work was under the impression that all nurses were tested weekly and getting vaccinated, but when we were talking found out that mates wife a staff nurse working on cov ward only got tested when she was infected and suspects that was passed to her by another nurse and hasnt been told yet when she gets vaccine.

KrunchyKarrot said:
karnataka said:

I agree with everything you say, i used to work in a lab. We had 4 -80 freezers with backup in case of power loss. When we placed order we knew that storing was an issue so every -80 can store a Pfizer vaccine for 6 months. When removed to say -40 it can last 10 days and -20 5 days. I just want facts as nobody seems to know which makes me suspicious.

Everyone i talked to in work was under the impression that all nurses were tested weekly and getting vaccinated, but when we were talking found out that mates wife a staff nurse working on cov ward only got tested when she was infected and suspects that was passed to her by another nurse and hasnt been told yet when she gets vaccine.

I believe there are not that many courses in the U.K.-
Hence the small numbers. Not all the initial 3 million were delivered. Need a thermostable vaccine for mass roll out.

What did you do in the lab? Barely do any lab work now.

Professor said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

I believe there are not that many courses in the U.K.-
Hence the small numbers. Not all the initial 3 million were delivered. Need a thermostable vaccine for mass roll out.

What did you do in the lab? Barely do any lab work now.

Engineer, validation and calibration etc. Repaired serviced autoclave and all Laminar Flow systems and vial filling machines. Been in front of FDA and MCA often over the years.

Thats what i suspect Prof, we did well in buying Pfizers with the alternative Oxford one in the bag. I cant believe its storage, looks like theres a hold up in Pfizer possibly QC. I have heard on the grapevine that Wales were hoping list will be completed by the end of Q1. That would be fantastic but why all of the secrecy and negativity?

KrunchyKarrot said:
karnataka said:

Staff defo not routinely tested, testing s linked to outbreaks and symptoms. The vaccines are supposed to be front line staff, but I know front line staff who are struggling to access it and I know of 1 office worker who’s had it, it doesn’t entirely make sense.

:twisted:
KrunchyKarrot said:
Thats what i suspect Prof, we did well in buying Pfizers with the alternative Oxford one in the bag. I cant believe its storage, looks like theres a hold up in Pfizer possibly QC. I have heard on the grapevine that Wales were hoping list will be completed by the end of Q1. That would be fantastic but why all of the secrecy and negativity?

Two things I pay for annual services there. The lack of clarity is stupid. Just creates anxiety. We are probably better off as staff and students can get LFD testing as walk up and PCR with booking. Though almost entirely WFH still.

My 97 year old mam gets her first Covid jab this morning. When all this started back in Feb, I didn't think there was any chance of her making it this far tbh so massively relieved that she has and I'm sure the fact that she still lives in her own home has given her a much better chance. At 97 she was never going to be very far down the vaccination priority list. I hope its not too long before my 2 sisters get theirs too as they are her carers and both in their 70s and have done a superb job of shielding her.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back