• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cov 19 Vaccine numbers.

Neath_Jack said:
Cardiffjack said:
Well there’s potentially over 38,000,000 guinea pigs in front of me ha ha. Not that I’ll be having it.

Nobody cares if you have one or not. Ha ha, or something.
Makes no sense

Cardiffjack said:
Swanjaxs said:
And obviously he hasn't got a loved one working for the NHS either, but we are all a bunch of mugs aye ...

What a strange thing to say. I actually have several family members and friends working in the front line of the nhs.

You do realise that the average death for Covid-19 is 82 don’t you, which is higher the the U.K. average of around 80.

Only strange to idiots mate.

Listen up, you got all the answers yea.

Explain to me why almost the entire planet is in either a full or partial lockdown?

Explain to me why they seem to think this is a big issue.

Explain to me why ICU beds at the moment are at bursting point.

Go on mate, explain.

Now, my wife, who is frontline NHS and suffers from chronic asthma is going for her first jab tomorrow, and it will be a massive weight off my mind.

Over to you brainiac 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Cardiffjack said:
What a strange thing to say. I actually have several family members and friends working in the front line of the nhs.

You do realise that the average death for Covid-19 is 82 don’t you, which is higher the the U.K. average of around 80.

Explain to me why almost the entire planet is in either a full or partial lockdown?

Go on mate, explain.

Now, my wife, who is frontline NHS and suffers from chronic asthma is going for her first jab tomorrow, and it will be a massive weight off my mind.

Over to you brainiac 👍

Well done to your wife and hopefully she will be safe and well.

This is winter time and icu beds are always full at this time of year.

Yes there is a virus out there and for some people this virus is nasty and dangerous. I could spend all day explaining what is going on, in regards to governments and big pharmaceutical companies.

There is plenty of information out there away from the MSM. Look up vitamin d and science by Dr John Campbell, on the Internet - just one example and not the sort of information you’ll find on MSM ie bbc etc.

Cardiffjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

Go on mate, explain.

Over to you brainiac 👍

Yes there is a virus out there and for some people this virus is nasty and dangerous. I could spend all day explaining what is going on, in regards to governments and big pharmaceutical companies.

There is plenty of information out there away from the MSM. Look up vitamin d and science by Dr John Campbell, on the Internet - just one example and not the sort of information you’ll find on MSM ie bbc etc.

Translation of "I could spend all day explaining what is going on" - I'm not going to because I know that everything I post will be destroyed by anyone with more than one working brain cell.

In all your years of posting, your only accomplishment other than looking stupid was getting Belfy annoyed enough to want to fight you.

JackSomething said:
Cardiffjack said:

Translation of "I could spend all day explaining what is going on" - I'm not going to because I know that everything I post will be destroyed by anyone with more than one working brain cell.

In all your years of posting, your only accomplishment other than looking stupid was getting Belfy annoyed enough to want to fight you.

You keep on watching the bbc , there a good lad 😂

Cardiffjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

Go on mate, explain.

Over to you brainiac 👍

John Campbell is a nurse educator.
Former nurse with PhD in science education. A very good teacher and communicator BUT not a scientist with expertise in infection and immunity. Vitamin D is one of many micronutrients needed for effective immune function, too little will reduce function to a degree. Taking an excess is not going to protect you from any infection. I don’t disagree that it is worth taking for many people (in winter at least where there is reduced biosynthesis). But I would take a specific adaptive response of a vaccine every time.

There has been rubbish on mainstream media like the charlatan Karol Sikora and imbalanced reporting of what are now clearly fringe views of Henneghan, Gupta and the discredited Swedish approach of Tegnell. The real experts in this have largely been too busy to be self-promoting on TV or the press. I am following their advice

Cardiffjack said:
JackSomething said:

Deflection, deflection, deflection. It's all you've got. See above for Prof's post and what happens when you actually try to make a point.

Please stick around, it's nice having a couple of village idiots here to lighten the mood.

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:

Former nurse with PhD in science education. A very good teacher and communicator BUT not a scientist with expertise in infection and immunity. Vitamin D is one of many micronutrients needed for effective immune function, too little will reduce function to a degree. Taking an excess is not going to protect you from any infection. I don’t disagree that it is worth taking for many people (in winter at least where there is reduced biosynthesis). But I would take a specific adaptive response of a vaccine every time.

There has been rubbish on mainstream media like the charlatan Karol Sikora and imbalanced reporting of what are now clearly fringe views of Henneghan, Gupta and the discredited Swedish approach of Tegnell. The real experts in this have largely been too busy to be self-promoting on TV or the press. I am following their advice

I haven’t said vitamin d will stop infection and don’t think anyone has. Also what do you think is an excess dose . The guidelines in this country is 400 IU a day, which is absolutely inadequate for helping your immune system. I take 4,000 IU a day and haven’t had even a common cold for years.

There is evidence that lots of people who have bad cases of COVID-19 are vitamin d deficient.

JackSomething said:
Cardiffjack said:

Deflection, deflection, deflection. It's all you've got. See above for Prof's post and what happens when you actually try to make a point.

Please stick around, it's nice having a couple of village idiots here to lighten the mood.

You have got absolutely nothing yourself 😂

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:

I haven’t said vitamin d will stop infection and don’t think anyone has. Also what do you think is an excess dose . The guidelines in this country is 400 IU a day, which is absolutely inadequate for helping your immune system. I take 4,000 IU a day and haven’t had even a common cold for years.

There is evidence that lots of people who have bad cases of COVID-19 are vitamin d deficient.

Very close to what you take.
Even if the U.K. levels are too low your are probably taking three to four times what you need. Yes, micronutrient deficiency is a risk factor for serious COVID. Ageing and immunity is relatively poorly understood and micronutrient deficiency may be part of this. But, you cannot boost immunity in any safe or meaningful way. If you have a healthy lifestyle and diet, all the supplements and superfoods in the world will not make one iota of difference. There is weak evidence that echinacea has some effect, but tempered with an increased risk of lymphoma. Good for you if you have not had a cold, but there is no way you can consider vitamin d is responsible. My father-in-law says the same thing. When I retired I started taking supplements and have barely had a cold in ten years. But he also has contact with a handful of people per day, not hundreds in a factory.

This is why you need trained epidemiologists to sort out population studies, not the armchair sort. Not my area I admit but I can understand the limitations.
I am an experimentalist and can control variables and confounding factors. Much harder in a population.

Cardiffjack said:
Neath_Jack said:
I doubt whether this is accurate, but who knows.

If it is, June time for me.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Well there’s potentially over 38,000,000 guinea pigs in front of me ha ha. Not that I’ll be having it.

Good to hear that.

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:

Even if the U.K. levels are too low your are probably taking three to four times what you need. Yes, micronutrient deficiency is a risk factor for serious COVID. Ageing and immunity is relatively poorly understood and micronutrient deficiency may be part of this. But, you cannot boost immunity in any safe or meaningful way. If you have a healthy lifestyle and diet, all the supplements and superfoods in the world will not make one iota of difference. There is weak evidence that echinacea has some effect, but tempered with an increased risk of lymphoma. Good for you if you have not had a cold, but there is no way you can consider vitamin d is responsible. My father-in-law says the same thing. When I retired I started taking supplements and have barely had a cold in ten years. But he also has contact with a handful of people per day, not hundreds in a factory.

This is why you need trained epidemiologists to sort out population studies, not the armchair sort. Not my area I admit but I can understand the limitations.
I am an experimentalist and can control variables and confounding factors. Much harder in a population.

Well, what you say is at odds with Dr Michael Holick.
Could you then explain, how someone living in the U.K. during dark winter months gets enough vitamin d without supplements ? , and do you think it’s a coincidence that seasonal flu, SAD disorder etc, strikes during the dark winter months when no one living in the U.K. can produce vit d from the sun ?

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:

Could you then explain, how someone living in the U.K. during dark winter months gets enough vitamin d without supplements ? , and do you think it’s a coincidence that seasonal flu, SAD disorder etc, strikes during the dark winter months when no one living in the U.K. can produce vit d from the sun ?

More to do with cold and low UV making virus survival and transmission easier. And your Dr Holick. An alleged nonce who has been taking money from sun bed companies. Banned from practicing from several hospitals. But also not an immunologist or infection expert.

Read science not crap on You Tube.

Professor said:
Cardiffjack said:

More to do with cold and low UV making virus survival and transmission easier. And your Dr Holick. An alleged nonce who has been taking money from sun bed companies. Banned from practicing from several hospitals. But also not an immunologist or infection expert.

SAD disorder is not transmissible. Also one of the symptoms of low vit d is low mood.
How much vit d would you recommend an adult to take ?

Cardiffjack said:
Professor said:

SAD disorder is not transmissible. Also one of the symptoms of low vit d is low mood.
How much vit d would you recommend an adult to take ?

Talk about deflection. What has SAD to do with it? I am not a dietitian, so would not make that decision. Would been proper dietary assessment to understand where shortfall of any nutrition is. Certainly not the levels you take. Happy to talk about infection and immunity as that is my expertise.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back