• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 5,296
Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:
They thought no one in Neath would vote Labour so they stood as Plaid candidates? Is this an alternate universe Neath that I’m not aware of?

Briton Ferry.

Same applies you maniac.

Neath_Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
They thought no one in Neath would vote Labour so they stood as Plaid candidates? Is this an alternate universe Neath that I’m not aware of?

I have no idea what he is saying either :lol:

You don’t understand that two people who were voted in as Plaid councillors jumped ship to Labour after they were voted in?

Tell you what mind there’s some f*cking stupid people eligible to vote in Briton Ferry,there’s one bloke kicking off tonight on the book because Labour drove around the Ferry with a megaphone canvassing for Labour.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:
Sorry, not even going there.

Why not? You put it out there, back it up. I’ve been remote working for more than two years now and I can honestly say I’ve never worked harder, or longer hours, or achieved more than I have in that time. They myth that remote working is a doss is just that. A myth.
Isolation and loneliness.
Mental health issues.
Lack of social interaction.
Breakdown of marriages.
Health and safety issues.
Increase in gas/electricity bill over winter months for employees who are generally on lower pay grades.
All real issues that are disregarded, just to save money, no wait, millions are being spent, on remote working, hubs and more nonsense, when it could have been better spent providing front line services. You see is not what's best for the staff, who have to work in conditions, which ordinarily would not be tolerated in the work place.
I assume when you started work, it was in an office with colleagues around you, who could nurture you, hands on training, you could suck up all the experience from your peers. Kids today will have none of that, its all a bit sad.I'm probably boring you now, so I'll leave it there. ATB👍

Hideous,some people shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Attachments

• AD69949D-07FA-40CE-8B20-57C2A8D58E72.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 348
Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Same applies you maniac.

Well your boyfriend was talking about Briton Ferry you cock.

But your theory that they stood as Plaid candidates cos no one would vote for them as Labour candidates is still as stupid whether it’s in Briton Ferry or Neath. Which is much the same thing anyway. May as well just call in Greater Swansea and be dome with it.

JackSomething said:
exiledclaseboy said:
What’s the issue with working from home?

Indeed.

Plus the general consensus I've heard is that Swansea is being run pretty well at the moment (unlike Neath from what NJ and KK are saying). Lots of development going on, newly opened arena, one of the first councils in the country to pay out the £150 council tax thing...

Plus it ignores my earlier point that if you think everything is s**t, use your vote to show that's how you feel. If enough people did so rather than sit on their arses moaning, then things may actually change. Of course that actually requires a bare minimum of effort.
I tend to run my life how i think is best.
Thanks for the advice though.😉👍

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:
Well your boyfriend was talking about Briton Ferry you cock.

But your theory that they stood as Plaid candidates cos no one would vote for them as Labour candidates is still as stupid whether it’s in Briton Ferry or Neath. Which is much the same thing anyway. May as well just call in Greater Swansea and be dome with it.

Well not really because that’s exactly what happened.

Jack2jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Why not? You put it out there, back it up. I’ve been remote working for more than two years now and I can honestly say I’ve never worked harder, or longer hours, or achieved more than I have in that time. They myth that remote working is a doss is just that. A myth.
Mental health issues.
Breakdown of marriages.
Increase in gas/electricity bill over winter months for employees who are generally on lower pay grades.
All real issues that are disregarded, just to save money, no wait, millions are being spent, on remote working, hubs and more nonsense, when it could have been better spent providing front line services. You see is not what's best for the staff, who have to work in conditions, which ordinarily would not be tolerated in the work place.
I assume when you started work, it was in an office with colleagues around you, who could nurture you, hands on training, you could suck up all the experience from your peers. Kids today will have none of that, its all a bit sad.I'm probably boring you now, so I'll leave it there. ATB👍

Those are all valid points. But they’re not an argument against home working on their own because it ignores the benefits. They’re very valid arguments for a hybrid model with some time spent remotely and some in some kind of office environment. I agree that everyone’s living arrangements will be different so full time home working won’t be for everyone all the time. But to dismiss the benefits out of hand while only listing the potential negatives is a bit one sided. Fact is home working was forced on everyone who could do it two years ago and front line services suffered because there were too many roles which couldn’t be done remotely. Forcing everyone who has worked from home successfully in the last two years back into an office full time is counter productive, regressive and will end up costing far more given how much has been invested in facilitating remote working over the last two years. As always the right answer is some kind of sensible medium ground, not to tell everyone that they must work at home all the time or must work in an office all the rime.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:
Mental health issues.
Breakdown of marriages.

Those are all valid points. But they’re not an argument against home working on their own because it ignores the benefits. They’re very valid arguments for a hybrid model with some time spent remotely and some in some kind of office environment. I agree that everyone’s living arrangements will be different so full time home working won’t be for everyone all the time. But to dismiss the benefits out of hand while only listing the potential negatives is a bit one sided. Fact is home working was forced on everyone who could do it two years ago and front line services suffered because there were too many roles which couldn’t be done remotely. Forcing everyone who has worked from home successfully in the last two years back into an office full time is counter productive, regressive and will end up costing far more given how much has been invested in facilitating remote working over the last two years. As always the right answer is some kind of sensible medium ground, not to tell everyone that they must work at home all the time or must work in an office all the rime.
'Forcing everyone who has worked from home for the last two years'........dear god.😂
My sides are hurting, I'm offski.😂😂😂

Jack2jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
'Forcing everyone who has worked from home for the last two years'........dear god.😂

What’s so funny? Come on don’t do your usual trick of saying something, getting challenged then saying “I’m out”. We’re having a nice debate here.

Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:

What happened is that they were elected as Plaid then moved to Labour. I’m not disputing that. It’s your theory that they stood as Plaid cos no one in Briton Ferry would vote Labour that’s a bit silly.

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:

What happened is that they were elected as Plaid then moved to Labour. I’m not disputing that. It’s your theory that they stood as Plaid cos no one in Briton Ferry would vote Labour that’s a bit silly.

Well I know more about it than you so piss off.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:

What’s so funny? Come on don’t do your usual trick of saying something, getting challenged then saying “I’m out”. We’re having a nice debate here.
Ok, My take on it is that the whole situation is weighted completely in the employees favour. Employers have painted themselves into a right corner, they are fooked. That's why they are running with hybrid/ remote working. I know people who will never return to the workplace. It's wrong. I believe more and more folk will return to the workplace, others will not, they will have their own agendas for not doing so.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:
Mental health issues.
Breakdown of marriages.

We operate a successful smart working policy that provides both the employer and the employee with a framework that delivers that balanced approach. Our industry is manufacturing and prior to March 2020 we would never dreamed of allowing support functions of engineering, purchasing and finance to work remotely. Being forced to change all that led to the measures that we saw in the aftermath of the Covid outbreak, which was a work from home policy unless absolutely necessary. However it also quickly became clear that this would not be sustainable in the very long term and that some office based time would be essential. Cue the development of the smart working policy - to the employee this could mean a little extra time in bed, money saved on commute, and the flexibility to deal with any domestic that may arise; to the company this has enabled the downsizing of offices and the sale of under utilised assets, money which is then being reinvested for future growth. Overseeing this is a HR policy that ensures effective performance management of employees. Productivity has not suffered in either manufacturing or support function areas, employees acknowledge that they may need to be on site at any given time and overall we are in a better place as a result of the situation.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back