• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 5,294
Jack2jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
What’s so funny? Come on don’t do your usual trick of saying something, getting challenged then saying “I’m out”. We’re having a nice debate here.
Ok, My take on it is that the whole situation is weighted completely in the employees favour. Employers have painted themselves into a right corner, they are fooked. That's why they are running with hybrid/ remote working. I know people who will never return to the workplace. It's wrong. I believe more and more folk will return to the workplace, others will not, they will have their own agendas for not doing so.

Well I’ve spent three days in Brussels this week for two meetings that I could, and have for the last two years, done perfectly well remotely. It wasn’t my choice but someone thought it was a good idea.

exiledclaseboy said:
Well I’ve spent three days in Brussels this week

You’ve been to Brussels? Bloody hell, small world. Darran has a mate who was also in Brussels this week.

The last time I stepped foot in Neath centre, the town was full of drunken/drugged hoodlums fighting each other, it was like something out of the planet of the apes, exactly the same happened in Port Talbot the last time I actually stepped on the surface and not in the car, the fumes from the steel works has genuinely boggled the minds

I voted Conservative, Swansea is turning into a right shit hole

Cooperman said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Those are all valid points. But they’re not an argument against home working on their own because it ignores the benefits. They’re very valid arguments for a hybrid model with some time spent remotely and some in some kind of office environment. I agree that everyone’s living arrangements will be different so full time home working won’t be for everyone all the time. But to dismiss the benefits out of hand while only listing the potential negatives is a bit one sided. Fact is home working was forced on everyone who could do it two years ago and front line services suffered because there were too many roles which couldn’t be done remotely. Forcing everyone who has worked from home successfully in the last two years back into an office full time is counter productive, regressive and will end up costing far more given how much has been invested in facilitating remote working over the last two years. As always the right answer is some kind of sensible medium ground, not to tell everyone that they must work at home all the time or must work in an office all the rime.

We operate a successful smart working policy that provides both the employer and the employee with a framework that delivers that balanced approach. Our industry is manufacturing and prior to March 2020 we would never dreamed of allowing support functions of engineering, purchasing and finance to work remotely. Being forced to change all that led to the measures that we saw in the aftermath of the Covid outbreak, which was a work from home policy unless absolutely necessary. However it also quickly became clear that this would not be sustainable in the very long term and that some office based time would be essential. Cue the development of the smart working policy - to the employee this could mean a little extra time in bed, money saved on commute, and the flexibility to deal with any domestic that may arise; to the company this has enabled the downsizing of offices and the sale of under utilised assets, money which is then being reinvested for future growth. Overseeing this is a HR policy that ensures effective performance management of employees. Productivity has not suffered in either manufacturing or support function areas, employees acknowledge that they may need to be on site at any given time and overall we are in a better place as a result of the situation.
As you can tell I'm not an advocate of this new way of working, I hear what you say, however,I disagree with the principle in general. That's all I can add. If it works for others then who am I to argue. It just not for me.👍

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:
Ok, My take on it is that the whole situation is weighted completely in the employees favour. Employers have painted themselves into a right corner, they are fooked. That's why they are running with hybrid/ remote working. I know people who will never return to the workplace. It's wrong. I believe more and more folk will return to the workplace, others will not, they will have their own agendas for not doing so.

Well I’ve spent three days in Brussels this week for two meetings that I could, and have for the last two years, done perfectly well remotely. It wasn’t my choice but someone thought it was a good idea.
Nice to get out in the fresh air and meet actual human beings in person though. See what you've been missing. Think about it.🤔

Jack2jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Nice to get out in the fresh air and meet actual human beings in person though. See what you've been missing. Think about it.🤔

Aye all good until you start thinking about how much it cost. Think about that.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:

I've had a think, I hope you enjoyed getting out into the real world , sometimes it's not about the money.

Jack2jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I've had a think, I hope you enjoyed getting out into the real world , sometimes it's not about the money.

I think your fatal error is thinking you know what’s best for me and others.

exiledclaseboy said:
Jack2jack said:

I think your fatal error is thinking you know what’s best for me and others.
WTF.🤷‍♂️

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back