• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Just had a labour chap knock my door with his leaflet. Told him I’d be voting for them but only because I want to see Tories decimated for a generation, and not because I admire Kinnock or Kier. He laughed and slunk off 🤣
I’d imagine it’s not the first or last time he’s gonna hear that. :ROFLMAO:

Clacton will take some winning. The Tory incumbent had more than 70% of the vote last time round. UKIP (which is basically now called Reform) held it before but only because the incumbent Tory MP defected to UKIP and held onto it until he stood down cos he was dodgy as fuck.
I will cry laughing if he loses that

Utterly depressing, the lot of it, I think Sunak may even step down before the 4th

But they're mostly working with the money that the central government gives, which the Tories have steadily cut. Same thing with the councils.
It’s surprising how many people don’t realise this. The Barnett formula calculates the allowances for the devolved nations relative to the planned expenditure in England via Westminster. So if budgets are cut in actual or real terms in England, that’s passed on to us too. And we don’t have the benefit of our own national bank to inject money into the system. We have some tax raising powers, but that’s a poisoned chalice politically.

Those who attack the WG rarely consider this. Sure, there are certain areas the WG prioritises and they can’t keep everyone happy. Although health is always lagging behind in Wales, for example, we can actually still get GP appointments pretty quickly. The situation is far better here than in England even if other NHS metrics are worse.

Last edited:
It’s surprising how many people don’t realise this. The Barnett formula calculates the allowances for the devolved nations relative to the planned expenditure in England via Westminster. So if budgets are cut in actual or real terms in England, that’s passed on to us too. And we don’t have the benefit of our own national bank to inject money into the system. We have some tax raising powers, but that’s a poisoned chalice politically.

Those who attack the WG rarely consider this. Sure, there are certain areas the WG prioritises and they can’t keep everyone happy. Although health is always lagging behind in Wales, for example, we can actually still get GP appointments pretty quickly. The situation is far better here than in England even if other NHS metrics are worse.
Makes you wonder why they spunked all that money up the wall on the implementation of 20mph on our roads to reverse it 6 months later.

Makes you wonder why they spunked all that money up the wall on the implementation of 20mph on our roads to reverse it 6 months later.
They haven’t reversed it? They’ve said they’re reviewing it I believe but I’ve not seen many of any speed limit changes.

They haven’t reversed it? They’ve said they’re reviewing it I believe but I’ve not seen many of any speed limit changes.
Yep. I suspect there will only be some minor changes on the main arterial roads out of cities/large towns. I’d have thought they have to leave it in place for at least a couple of years to get enough data to assess if it’s reduced casualties as hoped. If it has, by any amount, it’s surely a good thing. But unfortunately they’ve got to consider the political damage it’s doing, even if it saves lives.

Review, reserve, overhaul, which ever way you want to look at it the whole debacle has been a complete and utter waste of money, which we don't apparently have because of Westminster.

Review, reserve, overhaul, which ever way you want to look at it the whole debacle has been a complete and utter waste of money, which we don't apparently have because of Westminster.
At least we’ve established they haven’t reversed anything.

All semantics, depends on which way you want to look at it.
It’s not though is it. I’m a pretty pedantic fella at times I don’t mind admitting that. But in September 20#3 Wales introduced a default 20mph speed limit in residential areas. In May 2024 Wales still has a default 20mph speed limit in residential areas. The law is still in place. The speed limits are still in place. If that’s a reversal I need to reevaluate my understanding of the word. :ROFLMAO:

Tory v Tory lite
Same thing gets said at pretty much every election. It’s mostly bollocks. It wasn’t said last time of course when Labour fielded a true far leftie. Amd got gubbed out of sight.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back