• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

He was in the last 6 months of his contract was available on a free at the end of the season.

Other clubs hardly formed and orderly queue to sign the lad.

We've had numerous managers come and go, none have felt the urge to take him with them even though his stats look lovely on a graph.
Because two went to championship clubs and it’s hard to prize a player away for the salary he’s on, Russ definitely enquired too as I said.

Duff went to a lower league and Potter went to Brighton, I don’t claim to believe he’s good enough to be a regular in a premier league side.

Edit - but he was never available on a free as he was tied down here on a contract worth millions prior to it running out.

Because two went to championship clubs and it’s hard to prize a player away for the salary he’s on, Russ definitely enquired too as I said.

Duff went to a lower league and Potter went to Brighton, I don’t claim to believe he’s good enough to be a regular in a premier league side.

Edit - but he was never available on a free as he was tied down here on a contract worth millions prior to it running out.
You're clutching at straws. The fact is even when he was soon to be available on a free not one club thought it was worth taking a punt.

Potter, Cooper and Martin have gone to manage at a higher level and don't think it's worth taking a punt.

He's a decent championship player and I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to prove with this back and forth.

I'm out 👍🏼

Also, Cooper went to Forest who at the time were going mental with the chequebook, but still he wasn't in the slightest bit interested in coming in for "one of the Championship's best midfielders". Says it all.
You're clutching at straws. The fact is even when he was soon to be available on a free not one club thought it was worth taking a punt.

Potter, Cooper and Martin have gone to manage at a higher level and don't think it's worth taking a punt.

He's a decent championship player and I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to prove with this back and forth.

I'm out 👍🏼

I'm out 👍🏼
He’s trying to back up the claim that Grimes is a superb player. However one single scatter chart which was subsequently debunked, and the suggestion that I should give Russ a ring, doesn’t really justify the claim.

Also, Cooper went to Forest who at the time were going mental with the chequebook, but still he wasn't in the slightest bit interested in coming in for "one of the Championship's best midfielders". Says it all.
It certainly does.

I like Grimes, he offers a lot on his day. I just wish he had his day more often than he currently does.

And Russ signed Downes for £18m when he could have had Grimes for a fraction of that.

He’s trying to back up the claim that Grimes is a superb player. However one single scatter chart which was subsequently debunked, and the suggestion that I should give Russ a ring, doesn’t really justify the claim.
Hardly worth giving Russ a call, can't see him being in his current job for long. Unless you're offering to lend him your white van 😉

This thread needs a smack of reality. A wake up call for the non-football types:

We have received multiple significantly massive offers for Matty over the past few seasons. Fact. Hence his long term contract hike.

Here’s The Thing: his value to our Club is way and above any reasonably significant offers. Matty is our corporate glue, our last remaining thread to our unique competitive edge. Our pathway along The Swanseway back to the Prem.

He is like gold dust. To those that ‘see’. In so many ways.

Those that still fail to see after many years of watching - get a grip or find some other passive hobby.

This thread needs a smack of reality. A wake up call for the non-football types:

We have received multiple significantly massive offers for Matty over the past few seasons. Fact. Hence his long term contract hike.

Here’s The Thing: his value to our Club is way and above any reasonably significant offers. Matty is our corporate glue, our last remaining thread to our unique competitive edge. Our pathway along The Swanseway back to the Prem.

He is like gold dust. To those that ‘see’. In so many ways.

Those that still fail to see after many years of watching - get a grip or find some other passive hobby.
Remind me of one of these "massive offers". I must have still been in the non football parallel universe.

We have received multiple significantly massive offers for Matty over the past few seasons. Fact.
Bollocks we have.

Cast-iron, bonafide bollocks.

He just so happens to have a very good agent who knows how to drip feed a load of bullshit to local journos about "bids", so he can use it as leverage in contract negotiations. That's all.

No one's come in for Matt Grimes because no one worth their salt is interested. There's your fact.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back