• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

I haven’t stated the myth. I asked about what makes him superb, and you’ve answered with a Tweet which can be easily countered via the countless times Grimes is seen picking the ball up inside the D and then passing it ‘progressively’ 15 yards forwards to Fulton (who then passes it back and the cycle starts again).

I’m not saying he would be Makelele in the premiership etc, it’s a huge step up. Allegedly he’s on huge wages here too and Watford definitely wanted him when they got promoted but chose to stay here.
The fact that teams either in the Premier league or with aspirations of getting promoted to the top division not wanting to take a punt on him probably tells us what we need to know.

Flynn Downes made that statement when he was 22 years old and had just stepped up from Ipswich in League One, so whilst it may be true it’s also about context.

You haven’t actually said what ‘every manager’ has said, but I guess it’s that every manager thinks he’s the best midfielder they have ever managed. Russ must be included in there as well, that’s the Russ that gushed about him and signed him for Southampton.

Well go and ask Russ yourself, he’s approachable, but I’m guessing you hated him too, I think the game has passed alot of people by if I’m being honest. Luke Williams would say exactly the same as what Russ would.

He’s settled here, his family are, his inlaws even are.

I haven’t stated the myth. I asked about what makes him superb, and you’ve answered with a Tweet which can be easily countered via the countless times Grimes is seen picking the ball up inside the D and then passing it ‘progressively’ 15 yards forwards to Fulton (who then passes it back and the cycle starts again).
You’ve come back with nothing at all other than what you claim to see, but you’re nowhere near educated enough to pass that on as fact, the people I’m telling you about are.

The fact that teams either in the Premier league or with aspirations of getting promoted to the top division not wanting to take a punt on him probably tells us what we need to know.
Correct. They will have a team of analysts who are looking much deeper than a simple scatter diagram.

Well go and ask Russ yourself, he’s approachable, but I’m guessing you hated him too, I think the game has passed alot of people by if I’m being honest. Luke Williams would say exactly the same as what Russ would.

He’s settled here, his family are, his inlaws even are.
That’s a good idea actually, although I can’t do it until Wednesday at the earliest. FFS 😂

Absolutely no hate for Russ, but there’s no getting away from the fact that he’s not a great coach, throws players under the bus at times, and generally talks bollocks.

He’s neither crap and most certainly not superb. For superb, see Franco.

But as with a lot of things football related, people nail their colours to a mast then paint themselves into a corner.

That’s a good idea actually, although I can’t do it until Wednesday at the earliest. FFS 😂

Absolutely no hate for Russ, but there’s no getting away from the fact that he’s not a great coach, throws players under the bus at times, and generally talks bollocks.
But he’s a coach who got promoted to the premier league, played in the premier league and has forgotten more about the game than you know. So please forgive me for not taking what a few people on a football forum seriously when it comes to going out their way to constantly slander one of our best players since relegation.

He’s neither crap and most certainly not superb. For superb, see Franco.

But as with a lot of things football related, people nail their colours to a mast then paint themselves into a corner.
Franco is superb I agree and has a high ceiling. Tires out after an hour however.

Going to wade in here.
Grimes is a superb player and capable of so much more on times....i think this is what irritates people and they then lose sight on how good he is for us.

Just keep Grimes and Fulton apart from starting.
Just keep Fulton away from the matchday squad.

You’ve come back with nothing at all other than what you claim to see, but you’re nowhere near educated enough to pass that on as fact, the people I’m telling you about are.
Come on then, have you not seen Grimes dropping deep game after game and knocking it forward to Fulton? Game after game where our pass attempt stats eclipsed the opposition, but also where shots, shots on goal and xG were behind the opposition. If you deny this then I can only assume that you’re not watching us. Therefore yes, I claim to have seen it. Now let’s see you claim that you haven’t seen it.

S
Come on then, have you not seen Grimes dropping deep game after game and knocking it forward to Fulton? Game after game where our pass attempt stats eclipsed the opposition, but also where shots, shots on goal and xG were behind the opposition. If you deny this then I can only assume that you’re not watching us. Therefore yes, I claim to have seen it. Now let’s see you claim that you haven’t seen it.
I see a 6, playing the position very well, hence again why every single manager picks him.

Now if it was just one, you could think, ah that guy didn’t have a clue, but it’s literally every single manager. Like I didn’t rate Steve Cooper as a manager for example, but then he went to Forest, got them promoted and is still managing at the top flight now, I called it wrong.

Do you genuinely believe you know better than all of these people?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back