• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

A player with an ounce of ability takes control of the circumstances around him and dictates things. A lot of the time Grimes just disappears.

If he can only play with certain players around him it's him that is the issue not the other players in the team. The sole reason he's not been snapped up by a "bigger" team is because he just isn't as good as he is made out to be by certain quarters of our fanbase on the media who base their judgement based on stats.
Correct, and he’s meant to be the on field leader as well.

Grimes is always prominent in what we do, you can never criticise him for disappearing. To claim he's responsible for the poor performances of his teammates is hardly reasonable.

Stats are facts, and the facts show Grimes is far more progressive in his passing and chance creation than some seem willing to acknowledge.

We have shortcomings as a team for sure. We've had fewer shot creation actions than any other team bar Preston. Grimes is well down the list of culprits for that stat. I'd start with Williams' obsession with attacking down the wings.

Grimes is always prominent in what we do, you can never criticise him for disappearing. To claim he's responsible for the poor performances of his teammates is hardly reasonable.

Stats are facts, and the facts show Grimes is far more progressive in his passing and chance creation than some seem willing to acknowledge.

We have shortcomings as a team for sure. We've had fewer shot creation actions than any other team bar Preston. Grimes is well down the list of culprits for that stat. I'd start with Williams' obsession with attacking down the wings.
Grimes was up there with Anne Frank during the second half against Cardiff for hiding.

Why sign wingers if we aren't going to play with width?

Grimes was up there with Anne Frank during the second half against Cardiff for hiding.

Why sign wingers if we aren't going to play with width?
That's a false narrative. Cardiff didn't threaten our goal until the 74th minute by which time we'd created 6 openings. People take that 10 minute spell late on that Cardiff had in the second half that they'd dominated the whole half. Just not true.

Stats are facts? Crikey.

the facts show Grimes is far more progressive in his passing and chance creation than some seem willing to acknowledge

Your semi-regular reminder that a "progressive" pass, as defined by the boffins who concocted such nonsense, is a pass that (1) only has to travel a minimum of 10m and (2) takes you into a different quarter of the pitch.

In other words, a pass from Player X standing deep in his own area, to a teammate standing 10m in front of him, say, just beyond the edge of the D, is a "progressive" pass.

Pseudoscience.

Your semi-regular reminder that a "progressive" pass, as defined by the boffins who concocted such nonsense, is a pass that (1) only has to travel a minimum of 10m and (2) takes you into a different quarter of the pitch.

In other words, a pass from Player X standing deep in his own area, to a teammate standing 10m in front of him, say, just beyond the edge of the D, is a "progressive" pass.

Pseudoscience.
I had this same conversation yesterday afternoon.

Yeah remember that. Trying to compare a 6 to a winger and a 10 for key attacking passes 😂

Be moaning about Cullen for not making enough defensive headers next.
It wasn’t attacking passes, attention to detail clearly isn’t one of your strong points. That’s twice you have demonstrated this now.

It wasn’t attacking passes, attention to detail clearly isn’t one of your strong points. That’s twice you have demonstrated this now.

On the subject of strong points, football isn’t one of yours.

Not an absolute scooby.

On the subject of strong points, football isn’t one of yours.

Not an absolute scooby.
We won't be going over this again as we debunked your efforts yesterday afternoon. You nailed your colours to one misleading chart and the words of Russel Martin. Are you another one that believes that stats are facts?

We won't be going over this again as we debunked your efforts yesterday afternoon. You nailed your colours to one misleading chart and the words of Russel Martin. Are you another one that believes that stats are facts?

We won’t be no. We went through it yesterday and I supplied what you asked for in terms of my argument, and you come back with “what I see” to back up yours, and I said, you have not got a single iota.

Our Korean friend explained what our current player Ji has said, our former favourite Flynny Downes tried telling you all, every manager we’ve had since relegation, the data also backs me up, our opposing managers back me up, Marco Silva prior and after us playing his Fulham side (which also tried everything in their power to sign grimes on promotion), even Cardiff City fans see it for christ sake, always telling us and everyone who will listen they’ve had enough of him playing them off the park time and time again. But I’m supposed to take Cooperman from Planet Swans seriously. I’ll say it again for full effect, not an absolute scooby.

Stats are facts? Crikey.
It's bizarre to think that they're not. What significance you attach to those facts is another matter. But whether you like it or not stats are the whole basis of the success of Brighton and Brentford, both owned and led by data analytics gurus.

It's amazing the contortions people will go to to deny reality. The reality that Grimes is one of, if not our most progressive players and leading chance creator. If you're serious about analysing our undoubted attacking shortcomings Grimes is just about the last person to find wanting.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back