• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Costello said:
JackSomething said:
Because Fosu was on his way if Grimes was sold. I'm sure once the bid was at £2.75m (which seems to have been leaked by the club), they asked Grimes what he wanted to do. Explained they wanted to keep him because he'll be an integral player under Martin and they'd like to discuss a new deal, but they'd sell him if he was set on leaving. Grimes decides to stay after some persuading and they cancel the Fosu deal.

Seems simple enough to me. I don't really understand why you're in denial over it, but whatever floats your boat.

Likewise pal. If your 'sure' then that makes everything ok then :lol: :lol: :roll:

Not 'sure' at all. Just following the available evidence to it's logical conclusion and not looking for conspiracy theories in everything.

JackSomething said:
Costello said:
Likewise pal. If your 'sure' then that makes everything ok then :lol: :lol: :roll:

Not 'sure' at all. Just following the available evidence to it's logical conclusion and not looking for conspiracy theories in everything.

To your logical conclusion clearly. Is a 'conspiracy theory' an opinion different to yours then? Or was that an attempt at derision? :lol:

Costello said:
JackSomething said:

To your logical conclusion clearly. Is a 'conspiracy theory' an opinion different to yours then? Or was that an attempt at derision? :lol:

An interview with the manager which has the statement of a £2.75m offer right next to direct quotes from the manager. I don't think an experienced football journalist does that without having been given credible information from a club source.

Different opinions don't make a conspiracy theory. Constantly stating an opinion without a single shred of information or evidence to back it up could be seen that way. Or just the sign of someone who wants a fight about something for whatever reason. I find that a bit weird, but each to their own.

JackSomething said:
Costello said:

An interview with the manager which has the statement of a £2.75m offer right next to direct quotes from the manager. I don't think an experienced football journalist does that without having been given credible information from a club source.

Different opinions don't make a conspiracy theory. Constantly stating an opinion without a single shred of information or evidence to back it up could be seen that way. Or just the sign of someone who wants a fight about something for whatever reason. I find that a bit weird, but each to their own.

I can form an opinion without needing anything to back it up if I so desire - please refer to the Oxford English Dictionary for the definition of opinion. it's an opinion borne of the fact that if the player is so pivotal to our needs that his place wasn't secured until the last day of the transfer window. Our captain, too. I'm not sure what a 'fight' has to do with anything, this is an electronic forum :lol: Hope this helps you fella.
Also, I don't really care what you find weird - but then again - you can't seem to form an opinion without a security blanket for back up. Perhaps you should look for help with your self esteem. :thumbsup:

STID2017 said:
PSumbler said:
I'll guess that Martin will slowly chip away at him during the season for a new deal. What is clear is that Grimes likes it here - he says that to anyone who is close to him - and I'm not sure he wanted to leave despite what seemed to be being said by some. Martin wanted him and I'm guessing that the Swans potential "loss" in a fee this summer could easily be balanced out by what we would have had to pay out in replacement.

To the manager this is as good as a new signing no matter what people's individual thoughts are on the player
Personally gutted he stayed at the loss of Fosu.
Had he stayed and we signed Fosu I think we would have had the makings of a very decent side.
I know RM rates him, but unless he learns to play more positively then he is going to be the target of fans derision for passing back and sideways

How good Is Fosu? I don't know. You may be hoping that the rest can run the midfield and we start banging in goals. The club wanted the best outcome for Grimes. I appreciate you may have taken a liking to Fosu and maybe he would have been the golden fleece however Grimes and the club had a choice and the choice was made. Players are short term contractors and Russell was a player not so long ago himself. If he needs Grimes more than Fosu, I am pleased he had these options to hand and decisions to make. I am looking forward to Grimes having a good season with some new players. Downes, Walsh and Nitsch (sp) could give us a lot of strength in depth. It looks like we retained Whittaker who I like and would prefer to Fosu based on the fact that Grimes + Whittaker I would prefer to Fosu.

I forgot how much of a cunt Costello is :lol:

BLAZE said:
I forgot how much of a c**t Costello is :lol:

He's a lovely fella met him a couple times, he's like a dog with a bone though :lol:

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back