• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Aha, now we will not get relegated. Grimes is our club captain, high work rate and a hard grafter, sublime skills and intuitive team leadership qualities.

PSumbler said:
Marchamjack said:
I’ll go first…I’m glad I’m the event he’s ended up staying. Martin clearly rates him and I think he’ll make the difference between us finishing nearer mid table than bottom 3. Will be a good, solid, unifying presence amongst the newcomers.

Although could still leave of course in January for probably 500k or something derisory yet (hoping not)

I'll guess that Martin will slowly chip away at him during the season for a new deal. What is clear is that Grimes likes it here - he says that to anyone who is close to him - and I'm not sure he wanted to leave despite what seemed to be being said by some. Martin wanted him and I'm guessing that the Swans potential "loss" in a fee this summer could easily be balanced out by what we would have had to pay out in replacement.

To the manager this is as good as a new signing no matter what people's individual thoughts are on the player
Personally gutted he stayed at the loss of Fosu.
Had he stayed and we signed Fosu I think we would have had the makings of a very decent side.
I know RM rates him, but unless he learns to play more positively then he is going to be the target of fans derision for passing back and sideways

STID2017 said:
PSumbler said:
I'll guess that Martin will slowly chip away at him during the season for a new deal. What is clear is that Grimes likes it here - he says that to anyone who is close to him - and I'm not sure he wanted to leave despite what seemed to be being said by some. Martin wanted him and I'm guessing that the Swans potential "loss" in a fee this summer could easily be balanced out by what we would have had to pay out in replacement.

To the manager this is as good as a new signing no matter what people's individual thoughts are on the player
Personally gutted he stayed at the loss of Fosu.
Had he stayed and we signed Fosu I think we would have had the makings of a very decent side.
I know RM rates him, but unless he learns to play more positively then he is going to be the target of fans derision for passing back and sideways

4 goals 3 assists last season in a very successful free scoring Brentford side who’re prepared to let him go…not sure we’ve missed out on much. Saying that, I would’ve taken him in addition to keeping Grimes, but certainly not instead of him

I'm guessing grimes will be gutted he didn't get his move, how's that going to pan out for us this season?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I'm guessing grimes will be gutted he didn't get his move, how's that going to pan out for us this season?

I would have preferred him to go but expect him to be utterly professional and give 100 %.
Who knows he may even sign a new contract now ?
Especially as RM has made it clear he wants him
Also not as if he was going to a PL team ?

STID2017 said:

I would have preferred him to go but expect him to be utterly professional and give 100 %.

To be fair, he probably was. Not that he’d have got many games actually in the premier league.

STID2017 said:

But what is RM supposed to say

"Nah - he's sh1t - I wish someone would buy him"

Costello said:
STID2017 said:

Well he's let our second top scorer from last season go for £1.5m rising to £2m when he had 2 years left on his contract. If he didn't want Grimes, in the last year of his contract, why didn't he agree to sell him when Fulham offered £2.75m and sign Fosu to help replace him?

JackSomething said:
Costello said:

Well he's let our second top scorer from last season go for £1.5m rising to £2m when he had 2 years left on his contract. If he didn't want Grimes, in the last year of his contract, why didn't he agree to sell him when Fulham offered £2.75m and sign Fosu to help replace him?

You were there brokering the deal then pal? Fair play

Costello said:
JackSomething said:

No, but I've learnt to do this little thing called reading. I'm pretty proud of myself:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58424161

JackSomething said:
Costello said:

No, but I've learnt to do this little thing called reading. I'm pretty proud of myself:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58424161

Good for you sunshine, but again, I'm not really interested in conjecture.

Costello said:
STID2017 said:

He didn't have to say anything at all. Just make the usual non committal comments that most managers make when they don't really want to say. RM made his feelings clear in several interviews?

STID2017 said:
Costello said:

He didn't have to say anything at all. Just make the usual non committal comments that most managers make when they don't really want to say. RM made his feelings clear in several interviews?

Again - what is he supposed to say in interviews? Oh that's right - in interviews he's completely transparent about all the dealings within the club as every manager is. Believe what you want to believe but why would he be so desperate to keep him if his potential replacement was allegedly turned away at the door? (Why would this 'deal' get that far?)

Costello said:
STID2017 said:

Again - what is he supposed to say in interviews? Oh that's right - in interviews he's completely transparent about all the dealings within the club as every manager is. Believe what you want to believe but why would he be so desperate to keep him if his potential replacement was allegedly turned away at the door? (Why would this 'deal' get that far?)

Because Fosu was on his way if Grimes was sold. I'm sure once the bid was at £2.75m (which seems to have been leaked by the club), they asked Grimes what he wanted to do. Explained they wanted to keep him because he'll be an integral player under Martin and they'd like to discuss a new deal, but they'd sell him if he was set on leaving. Grimes decides to stay after some persuading and they cancel the Fosu deal.

Seems simple enough to me. I don't really understand why you're in denial over it, but whatever floats your boat.

JackSomething said:
Costello said:

Because Fosu was on his way if Grimes was sold. I'm sure once the bid was at £2.75m (which seems to have been leaked by the club), they asked Grimes what he wanted to do. Explained they wanted to keep him because he'll be an integral player under Martin and they'd like to discuss a new deal, but they'd sell him if he was set on leaving. Grimes decides to stay after some persuading and they cancel the Fosu deal.

Seems simple enough to me. I don't really understand why you're in denial over it, but whatever floats your boat.

Likewise pal. If your 'sure' then that makes everything ok then :lol: :lol: :roll:

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back