• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ntcham

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 101
  • Views: Views 12,009
A creative attacking mid now even more of a priority

Londonlisa2001 said:
I thought Piroe today quite obviously didn’t break a sweat in case something happened.

It's hard to tell with him because he is a poor footballer, apart from when he is in and around the box.

Neath_Jack said:
It's hard to tell with him because he is a poor footballer, apart from when he is in and around the box.

I disagree with Lisa on this, several times he put in a hard graft including one time he tracked back 30 yards and flattened Laird with a shoulder tackle to win the ball back. Thats not the behaviour of a player going through the motions

He did a similar thing at Celtic.

Porto came in and bid 14 million, Yes 14 million for him but Celtic turned the offer down because it didn't meet thier valuation, end result he downed tools.

He ended up in isolation, then running his contract down for the next 12 months via a loan to Marseille

Just ask any Celtic supporter thier view on Olivier Ntcham

A4Jack said:
Some are blaming Duff on X.

Even though Paterson was called out, along with others, by the previous manager for more serious concerns (e.g. mental health).

Well, the some on X should realise Ntcham has "previous" for this sort of thing...

Nice to Michu said:
https://twitter.com/tomecoleman/status/1687869446256226305?s=46

That was the rumour I heard yesterday.

Perhaps it was one of those occasions where the player knows he’s going, the club knows, and the manager does not.

Which would be poor form.

If, however, no fee had been agreed yesterday and he just forced the issue today then I hope he never wears our shirt again if it all falls apart.

bakajack said:
A creative attacking mid now even more of a priority

Absolutely, glaringly obvious this afternoon what we are missing, a creative midfielder that gets you goals. Hardly created anything for Piroe and Yates this afternoon.

I hope the scouting team have some replacements in mind that we can afford. A creative midfielder who can link midfield and attack, plus score some goals, is the type of player almost every team want more of.

As Jaxs has said above, we only got Ntcham here because his attitude problems at Celtic probably made some clubs wary. I doubt he expected to be here for 2 seasons, let alone entering a third. If he brings us a tidy transfer fee on his way out, then happy days.

cmajack said:
Absolutely, glaringly obvious this afternoon what we are missing, a creative midfielder that gets you goals. Hardly created anything for Piroe and Yates this afternoon.

We were missing a midfield in general for most of the game. Massively outnumbered in the centre of the park by virtue of the shape, Grimes and the centre halves looking up and seeing a wall of red with just Fulton's bleached skull popping out somewhere in the mess.

jasper_T said:
We were missing a midfield in general for most of the game. Massively outnumbered in the centre of the park by virtue of the shape, Grimes and the centre halves looking up and seeing a wall of red with just Fulton's bleached skull popping out somewhere in the mess.

Aye, that was my impression too. To be honest I hate this wing back/3 centreback stuff. Especially when the centre backs comprise Wood, Bango and Darling.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I thought Piroe today quite obviously didn’t break a sweat in case something happened.

At least he doesn’t refuse to play though that’s the difference.

Skippyjack said:
Shame really, because he could've been the difference today.. hopefully we'll get that earmarked 3 million

And he wouldn't have been dispossessed anywhere near as often as Paterson was today either. :x

Quite obviously Ntcham is the sort of player who could have made a huge difference today, but due to contract issues is likely to have his head turned. I hope we sell him for several million rather than lose him for nothing, but that doesn't disguise the reality that he really is the only midfielder we have who can do what he does.

We need to replace him with like for like. Easier said than done, but we must have someone who can do that job.

Whittaker might have been a good option to replace Ntcham now.

We have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot off the field wise don't we. A decent week where we brought in reinforcements and the mood is upbeat, turns out our best attack midfielder is going the day the season starts. We don't know the circumstances but all round disappointing:
- if the board knew he was going, poor form not to tell Duff. Peterson/Cooper but on a far worse scale.

- if this deal isn't done, poor form from Duff to announce our shit hand out loud by announcing Ntcham is refusing to play.

- Shit all round from Ntcham. You're Still our player. Waste of space all round.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back