• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ntcham

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 101
  • Views: Views 12,009
Chief said:
We have a habit of shooting ourselves in the foot off the field wise don't we. A decent week where we brought in reinforcements and the mood is upbeat, turns out our best attack midfielder is going the day the season starts. We don't know the circumstances but all round disappointing:
- if the board knew he was going, poor form not to tell Duff. Peterson/Cooper but on a far worse scale.

- if this deal isn't done, poor form from Duff to announce our s**t hand out loud by announcing Ntcham is refusing to play.

- s**t all round from Ntcham. You're Still our player. Waste of space all round.

I'll agree with all of that apart from saying it was poor form from Duff. The only other option he had when asked about Ntcham was to lie about why he was absent and why should he? If a player (at short notice) lets his club know he doesn't want to play because he wants to leave then he deserves to have his actions highlighted. Hopefully it also tells the other players that Duff won't take any nonsense like this from his players.

Deal was done this morning, so club and Duff blameless. But we def need a like replacement

NWJack said:
Deal was done this morning, so club and Duff blameless. But we def need a like replacement

Well are the club/board blameless when it takes the player to have to ring the manager to say he's not playing?

By way Mike, we're about to sell Oliver, it's probably not a great idea to name him the squad today.....

JackSomething said:
I'll agree with all of that apart from saying it was poor form from Duff. The only other option he had when asked about Ntcham was to lie about why he was absent and why should he? If a player (at short notice) lets his club know he doesn't want to play because he wants to leave then he deserves to have his actions highlighted. Hopefully it also tells the other players that Duff won't take any nonsense like this from his players.

Yes I understand that Duff would have been understandably frustrated with any scenario, but say Duff didn't know a deal was close, couldn't he have just said, hee had a pull in training yesterday?

I totally agree with hanging out the clown to dry but we could/should try and keep the situation to our advantage.

However if its all virtually a done deal anyway well then the board haven't kept Duff properly informed which is bad news, especially this early on.

https://twitter.com/eddieisajack/status/1688191177416122369?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/eddieisajack/status/1688191177416122369?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Well, he's gonna need to be replaced ASAP, along with an experienced CB need a leader in that back four for me.

Gonners, 2-3 mill will take that with less than 12 months left

https://twitter.com/JSwxnz/status/1688648775525384197?s=20

SwanseaJack said:
Gonners, 2-3 mill will take that with less than 12 months left

https://twitter.com/JSwxnz/status/1688648775525384197?s=20

Just wasn’t consistent enough, I know he’s a game changer on his day but if we got 3M and a reported 25K off the wages with 12 months left then we had no choice, who do we replace him with?

Swansea93 said:
Just wasn’t consistent enough, I know he’s a game changer on his day but if we got 3M and a reported 25K off the wages with 12 months left then we had no choice, who do we replace him with?

This will be where Watson earns his wage surely, some unknown player most likely. But if recent suggestions have got anything to go by then he will be 6ft plus and built like a brick shithouse :D

Swansea93 said:

I can't see how we'll get £3m. Samsunspor average transfer fee in is under 500k. We are probably just happy to get him off the wage bill if he's on that much!

If we did get 2-3m for him then all things considered thats a decent wedge which surely has to be reinvested into the squad. We are crying out for a creative attacking midfield player to link the defence to the attack and who can see the runs that Ashby and Key were making all afternoon on Saturday but not getting picked out.

I am sure I remember that Turkish clubs have an obligation to announce transfer fees.
That may have changed though in recent years?

No fee mentioned as yet?

He has forced the move and given he has only 12 months left of his contract then it might be lower than we would hope.

He opens up some wages to allow us to maybe get an extra body in that we anticipated before his departure.

We're living off investment capital so wages "open up" when/if the owners decide to spend it. Need a telescope to see the break even point from where we're standing.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back