• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Oliver Ntcham

He's a free agent. This doesn't need to be completed today.

RM did hint at interest in certain free agent players I believe.

I hope this one comes off. Not because I know anything about him outside a quick Google, but because this is the kind of signing I like to see us making.

He's still relatively young and he played well enough to be very highly rated only a few years ago, with enough time spent at a big club's academy to suggest he must have at least some talent.

His career has stalled for whatever reason and Celtic have let him go for free, which never sounds great. But hopefully that means we can get a player on the cheap who will be motivated to get back to his best and prove the doubters wrong. I love it when a player written off elsewhere turns into a success story here, like Routledge, Dyer, Sinclair et al.

JackSomething said:
I hope this one comes off. Not because I know anything about him outside a quick Google, but because this is the kind of signing I like to see us making.

He's still relatively young and he played well enough to be very highly rated only a few years ago, with enough time spent at a big club's academy to suggest he must have at least some talent.

His career has stalled for whatever reason and Celtic have let him go for free, which never sounds great. But hopefully that means we can get a player on the cheap who will be motivated to get back to his best and prove the doubters wrong. I love it when a player written off elsewhere turns into a success story here, like Routledge, Dyer, Sinclair et al.

I believe that Mark Allen was Academy Director at Man City when he was there too. He'll know him well.

Longlostjack said:
Risc said:
Financial issues to iron out nothing to do with medical.

Don’t they normally sort that out before the medical?

No idea if it’s different with freebies.

He’s entitled to keep his options open as it’s not a race with clock for him.

I hope we pull it off though, when he’s on it he’s apparently outstanding.

Longlostjack said:
Risc said:
Financial issues to iron out nothing to do with medical.

What he wants and what we're willing to offer weren't too far apart so the idea was to negotiate after a medical

JackBaston said:
Longlostjack said:

What he wants and what we're willing to offer weren't too far apart so the idea was to negotiate after a medical

Hope it gets done tonight. Get him training officially and stop any other club coming in for him. Don't let to be a "Borini in talks but no rush as free agent" type as we did last summer...

JackBaston said:
Longlostjack said:

OK but a bit odd. If I were the players agent that’s the order of events that I’d favour. Now it’s back to the negotiating table with the added advantage that the medical’s already been passed. Maybe I’m reading too much into it though. Hopefully as A4Jack has pointed out the publicity won’t attract other potential suitors. Again a potential advantage for the agent of agreeing the medical before terms.

Longlostjack said:
JackBaston said:

OK but a bit odd. If I were the players agent that’s the order of events that I’d favour. Now it’s back to the negotiating table with the added advantage that the medical’s already been passed. Maybe I’m reading too much into it though. Hopefully as A4Jack has pointed out the publicity won’t attract other potential suitors. Again a potential advantage for the agent of agreeing the medical before terms.

Im sure it would be his agent that let slip to the press that we're interested in the hope of more interest, the same as when a club lets slip that an offers been made for a player to ramp up a bidding war
With free agents though theres a lot more than just agreeing a wage, theres signing on fees and clauses and a lot more power in our hands when technically he earns 0 atm

JackBaston said:
Longlostjack said:

Im sure it would be his agent that let slip to the press that we're interested in the hope of more interest, the same as when a club lets slip that an offers been made for a player to ramp up a bidding war
With free agents though theres a lot more than just agreeing a wage, theres signing on fees and clauses and a lot more power in our hands when technically he earns 0 atm

Looks like you were right how close he was to signing Jb StuJames says he will sign tomorrow

A lot of pressure on this one to be a good one.

Still short in final third. Gutted with Fosu deal.

eteb said:
Same Risc, no reason for it either - f**k sake

The loan fee was high which was to be made up from sale of Grimes. Agree disappointing. Think we missed the boat trying to flog Grimes for £4m and should have pushed Dhanda, one of the old style centre midfielders and possibly Bidwell if the boss doesn't like him

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back