• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Barnsley v Swansea City
EFL Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg
Oakwell
Monday 17 May 2021
8.15pm Kick off

THIS GAME WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

View attachment Play Offs.jpg

This is it. Two sides separated over 46 games by just two points. 4th placed Swansea City face 5th placed Barnsley over two legs.

For the winners over two legs it is a place at Wembley for the play off final on Saturday 29th.

The two sides have met twice already this season and the Swans have been victorious 2-0 on both occasions although it is best not to talk about out only previous play off meeting - the pain from that day still sits strong.

We have over a week to build towards this game and the matchday thread is up and running ready for your views.

You can vote on the result of the game by visiting our main site poll which can be found here

oakwell-generalddddd.jpg

LAST TIME OUT AT OAKWELL
Barnsley 0 Swansea City 2
Sky Bet Championship
16th January 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZE_DeOq8Es

LAST TIME OUT AT THE LIBERTY STADIUM
Swansea City 2 Barnsley 0
Sky Bet Championship
19th December 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC438ia12R8

That game in Cardiff is still very painful, watching Dickie Bird celebrate was sickening.

I wonder if any fans will be at the Liberty? Shirley they have to if there will be fans allowed in at Oakwell.

airedale said:
I wonder if any fans will be at the Liberty? Shirley they have to if there will be fans allowed in at Oakwell.

If the Welsh government say no then the EFL won’t allow fans at Oakwell as it would be unfair.

Muteswan said:
That game in Cardiff is still very painful, watching Dickie Bird celebrate was sickening.
Difficult day that one. Then having to wait an hour outside Scum central for the train whilst Barnsley fans celebrated behind police lines made all worse.
So be nice to piss em off.

sainthelens said:
Muteswan said:
Difficult day that one. Then having to wait an hour outside Scum central for the train whilst Barnsley fans celebrated behind police lines made all worse.

Will never forget how quiet those trains were on the way home...

Not sure what felt worse, that or John bloody Frain!

PSumbler said:
sainthelens said:

Are we destined Phil to play the West London bus stop at Wembley? Be nice if they let you back on their site :lol:

Quite confident we'll get passed Barnsley over two legs, especially as the 2nd leg is at home.

Bournemouth to beat Brentford for me also.

Anything can happen in a one off final.

Swans on penalties 🙏

sainthelens said:
PSumbler said:

Are we destined Phil to play the West London bus stop at Wembley? Be nice if they let you back on their site :lol:

I think that ship has sailed :lol: I don't think they like me much on there... #gutted :( :lol:

PSumbler said:
sainthelens said:

I think that ship has sailed :lol: I don't think they like me much on there... #gutted :( :lol:

Can't understand why so many are getting thier knickers in a twist what Brentford fans opinion of us are?
A team, who have had a couple of half decent seasons in about 50 odd years.

Listen up, they won't get past Bournemouth, I'll stake my Planet Swans reputation on it an all 👍

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

Can't understand why so many are getting thier knickers in a twist what Brentford fans opinion of us are?

Listen up, they won't get past Bournemouth, I'll stake my Planet Swans reputation on it an all 👍

How much do you value your Planet Swans reputation? Just trying to gauge the confidence level... :lol:

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

How much do you value your Planet Swans reputation? Just trying to gauge the confidence level... :lol:

Somewhere in between Prosser and Jack 123, a solid 6/10 I reckon 😉

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

Somewhere in between Prosser and Jack 123, a solid 6/10 I reckon 😉

Bournemouth worry me more I dont think we have scored against them for about 20 years...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back