• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:
Somewhere in between Prosser and Jack 123, a solid 6/10 I reckon 😉

Bournemouth worry me more I dont think we have scored against them for about 20 years...

For me, avoiding Bournemouth and Brentford over two legs is massive, Barnsley will be tough, but very do-able.
If we can get to Wembley I think we have more than a punchers chance against either, today against Watford, although we lost, gave me more positives than negatives, Grimes was more than decent too.

What we will need against Barnsley is a motivated Ayew, and both full backs bombing up and down.

I genuinely think we will get past the Tykes.

What has been mostly an underwhelming season, might just make us all eat our own words?

Feeling more upbeat tonight bout it all, Franks lot play off record is totally shit, should they get through every chance they'll bottle it again. Muff have fallen apart just in time. So we need to scramble our little arses through...then watch us fluke the final.

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:
Bournemouth worry me more I dont think we have scored against them for about 20 years...

For me, avoiding Bournemouth and Brentford over two legs is massive, Barnsley will be tough, but very do-able.
If we can get to Wembley I think we have more than a punchers chance against either, today against Watford, although we lost, gave me more positives than negatives, Grimes was more than decent too.

What we will need against Barnsley is a motivated Ayew, and both full backs bombing up and down.

What has been mostly an underwhelming season, might just make us all eat our own words?

I do tend to agree. Over 90 minutes if we plkay as well as we are capable of we can beat anyone in this division. We are capable of beating Barnsley and then - as you said - anything is possible.

Be interesting first to see what happens with fans

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

I do tend to agree. Over 90 minutes if we plkay as well as we are capable of we can beat anyone in this division. We are capable of beating Barnsley and then - as you said - anything is possible.

Looks like fans will be let in for the playoffs, probably 25% and hopefully the same for the final.

It's been a long 15 months.

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

We haven't scored against them in the last 6 matches.

The last time we scored against them was in a 3-2 defeat in 2016.

The last time we beat them was in 2007 in League 1, 4-1 away.

TheLoneRanger said:
PSumbler said:

We haven't scored against them in the last 6 matches.

The last time we scored against them was in a 3-2 defeat in 2016.

The last time we beat them was in 2007 in League 1, 4-1 away.

So, sadistically speaking, we should win. Right?

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

Looks like fans will be let in for the playoffs, probably 25% and hopefully the same for the final.

How would they decide who the 25% are, or who gets to go to Wembley should we get there?

Itchysphincter said:
Swanjaxs said:

How would they decide who the 25% are, or who gets to go to Wembley should we get there?

That can surely only be a draw between season ticket holders

The question beyond that is to decide whether they ask first people in that group to say they'd like to be in the draw as some won't

How many season ticket holders do we have? Around 10k? I wonder if they’ll prioritise people who didn’t get a refund this season.

JackFish said:
How many season ticket holders do we have? Around 10k? I wonder if they’ll prioritise people who didn’t get a refund this season.

I have to say (and just to add I didn't get a refund) that would be unfair as it was never suggested that taking a refund would make you "less" of a season ticket holder.

It's a catch 22 as you could only have 5k at the Liberty and maybe 10k at Wembley but season ticket holders for this season (whether taking a refund or not) would seem the fairest but be interesting to see how it happens (if it happens!)

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

I’d honestly rather Bournemouth in the final if we got there...the chance of losing to Brentford would be painful.

I can see us taking Barnsley over 2 legs. We were much better than them during the matches in the regular season.

I wouldn't have been confident playing Brentford or Bournemouth in a two-legged tie, so it's great that those two will knock seven shades out of each other by the final. I see Bournemouth coming through that one.

At Wembley, on the big pitch I suspect their superior midfield and forwards will tell, but you never know. We could shithouse our way to a win - and there aren't many better sides at doing that than us, we've won dozens of games being outplayed this season. Stranger things have happened.

I'd be disappointed if we don't reach the final this time.

PSumbler said:
JackFish said:

I have to say (and just to add I didn't get a refund) that would be unfair as it was never suggested that taking a refund would make you "less" of a season ticket holder.

It's a catch 22 as you could only have 5k at the Liberty and maybe 10k at Wembley but season ticket holders for this season (whether taking a refund or not) would seem the fairest but be interesting to see how it happens (if it happens!)

This is taken from the official site when they announced the option for streams or refunds at the beginning of the season:

“Season ticket holders who accept the streaming option and leave their money in the club will receive priority access back to the Liberty Stadium when  crowds  are able to return. This is not a guarantee of access as numbers may be restricted by Welsh Government.”

Lisvanejack said:
PSumbler said:

This is taken from the official site when they announced the option for streams or refunds at the beginning of the season:

“Season ticket holders who accept the streaming option and leave their money in the club will receive priority access back to the Liberty Stadium when  crowds  are able to return. This is not a guarantee of access as numbers may be restricted by Welsh Government.”

Ah well, maybe it will be as suggested then. It's not going to be everyone I guess anyway because of those restricted numbers.

:lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back