• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Barnsley v Swansea, Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg, Match Thread

So we lost to Watford 2-0 ☹
I am encouraged by our overall performance. 🙂
A bit more sharpness by the front three would have meant a different result. Please shoot more Jamal.
At the end of the day we are 4th in the league which is where we deserve to be.
We have achieved our preferred playoff matches.
Lets go for it.
COYS 🙂

It's as good a chance that the Swans could have hoped for a two legged semi final against Barnsley with the last leg at home.

PSumbler said:
JackFish said:
How many season ticket holders do we have? Around 10k? I wonder if they’ll prioritise people who didn’t get a refund this season.

I have to say (and just to add I didn't get a refund) that would be unfair as it was never suggested that taking a refund would make you "less" of a season ticket holder.

It's a catch 22 as you could only have 5k at the Liberty and maybe 10k at Wembley but season ticket holders for this season (whether taking a refund or not) would seem the fairest but be interesting to see how it happens (if it happens!)

We have three ST’s in our house and I cashed in one and took the streaming last season and I have since purchased another three for next season. Not really sure where that leaves me.

Season ticket holders for the 19/20, 20/21 seasons should be able to apply for tickets which will then be drawn up at random the outcome, regardless if you took refunds, streaming or left the money in the club if you had a season ticket you committed to putting in the money, and you rightfully was entitled to your money back because of Covid, it would be unfair to say only season ticket holders who didn’t take refunds are allowed to apply for tickets.

Itchysphincter said:
PSumbler said:
I have to say (and just to add I didn't get a refund) that would be unfair as it was never suggested that taking a refund would make you "less" of a season ticket holder.

It's a catch 22 as you could only have 5k at the Liberty and maybe 10k at Wembley but season ticket holders for this season (whether taking a refund or not) would seem the fairest but be interesting to see how it happens (if it happens!)

We have three ST’s in our house and I cashed in one and took the streaming last season and I have since purchased another three for next season. Not really sure where that leaves me.

What about your membership of the Steve Cooper fan club? ;)

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

What about your membership of the Steve Cooper fan club? ;)

Lifetime member. :? :? :|

Some interesting posts on the Barnsley Fan’s Forum. There’s a minority who didn’t want to draw us in the semis while the majority think they can avenge the double, especially with their new striker. The eagle eyed will see the Fan’s Forum uses the old white rose on a red shield club badge, which is now superseded by a collier and glass blower.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/swansea-then.304376/

I wonder what delights BBC Wales have in store next week to support Swansea’s play off achievements. Guess they’ll dedicate lots of the sports bulletins time to discuss it.

We should let them have fans in their ground regardless of whether we can. People have suffered enough not watching their teams and would be pretty petty of us to stop them.

On the pitch I think we will win comfortably. Our style match up against them is perfect and they really struggle to cope with Ayew outwide. Stops their wingbacks from bombing on.

Other game will be a Bournemouth walkover probably. Brentford beat them recently but they got a bit lucky as they were down to 10 men.

Pentyrchjack said:
Some interesting posts on the Barnsley Fan’s Forum. There’s a minority who didn’t want to draw us in the semis while the majority think they can avenge the double, especially with their new striker. The eagle eyed will see the Fan’s Forum uses the old white rose on a red shield club badge, which is now superseded by a collier and glass blower.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/swansea-then.304376/

Bugger Barnsley.

I’ve just watched a bit of Arsenal. They aren’t even on the planet of top 5 and the thought of our lot and Cooper up against that is terrifying. Same goes for Barno. They haven’t a prayer of not crashing back down humilificated. Hounslow St Germain have about 10% of a dogs chance, and Muff look best equipped if they get a proper manager, but still no real chance.

I'm glad my 82 year old grandfather decided to keep his season ticket for this season and has a chance to watch them live in the play offs.. he suffers from dementia, and is still with us mentally, probably the last chance he'll get to see the swans in the top division next season whilst all his faculties are intact.

As for the games, we've got a great chance to progress to the final, especially with the way we dispatched Barnsley twice this season, the final is a lottery, I hope Cooper doesn't sh*t himself and go into our shells like he has in our previous encounters, because we've got talent in this group of players

Trampie said:
It's as good a chance that the Swans could have hoped for a two legged semi final against Barnsley with the last leg at home.

You are absolutely right. I would have loved to take this before the season started. And so would have everyone else.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back